Aphogee Hardcore+ Porosity Control+Coconut Oil = MULTIPLE HAIRGASM!!

foxieroxienyc

Hey guys so today was wash day and I want to share the results of my treatment after doing some research on the boards. I had been experiencing end breakage the last few weeks, along with some porosity issues (hair snagging on itself and half sinking in a glass of water). I saw the thread about porosity and the hair snagging today and remembered SistaSlick's articles on the subject, I don't have any visible split ends, so I figured it was cuticle problems. I normally was doing Aphogee 2 Min Ker. Reconstructor, followed by a moisturizing DC (Humectress), then moisturizing and sealing daily but it wasnt helping with the breakage.

Well today I clarified w/ Pantene Clarifying Shampoo, then applied Aphogee Hardcore (just the little mini pack you can buy at the BSS, I didn't want to buy the big bottle until I was sure it would work for me), dried under the hooded dryer as directed, rinsed, CO washed with Hello Hydration, then DC with Humectress (I put in additional SAA for slip in my conditioner as well), rinsed, then did the Porosity Control as my last step. I then applied leave-in --- Salerm 21 and a few tiny spritzes of Aphogee's Pro-Vitamin Leave-in, then sealed with Coconut Oil which I purchased from the health food store. I dried under a hooded dryer and then flat ironed after.

The results were great! My hair is so soft and incredible. I'm not sure how to describe it but I thought my hair was in a state of health before, and I think I was wrong... Because right now, my hair DOES NOT snag on itself when I run my fingers through it (MAJOR HIH prob right now, lol), it's so soft and smooth and SHINY, and it moves even more than it ever has before (keep shaking my head like I'm in a Pantene commercial - speaking of which their R&N Shampoo gives me HIVES!!!). I did notice more than usual shedding for me, and minor breakage which I think was caused by my hair getting snagged in the ends of my flat iron (my baby's getting old, time for a Sedu). It has since stopped though, I finished off by putting on a little castor oil and my satin scarf for bed. In any case, since this was discussed earlier today and I went on recommendation and got this stuff to combat my problems, I wanted to share my discovery. My hair even has seemed to grow an awful lot since coming to this site. My siggy pic in the aqua top is where I started when I joined LHCF... I wasnt even at collar bone, and now I'm just a wee bit past it.... Overall my hair is now a few inches past shoulder... :drunk: I LOOOVE this place. :yep::yawn:

I'm SEVEN weeks post relaxer with a lot of NG... I'm going for a 12 week stretch (16 if I can make it w/o breakage - not sure though with all the SHEDDING).

Rox.

LaReyna756

Congrats! I'm going to shampoo tomorrow, and I'm doing an Aphogee treatment too. Thank you for reminding me to include Porosity Control somewhere in my session tomorrow.

Keep up the great progress! :yep:

foxieroxienyc

Thanks so much! Go for it, I'm planning on using Porosity Control each time I use shampoo (out of my 2 washes/week, that's 1 wash). My hair is REALLY shiny and light, not weighed down, and really feels great. I've got a new staple... :yep:

CarLiTa

Hmm... I think I may have to try the Porosity control.
I did an aphogee treatment nearly a month ago, and while my hair got stronger, it still needs more help. I still get some breakage, though not as much as before.
I think the porosity might be a good idea too