APL BY YEARS END...(dec2010)

Tell us a little about what you think you'll achieve.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

katblack

Who wants to join me on a personal challenge to get their hair to APL by Dec. 30, 2010?
I will leave it up to who ever believes that it is possible for them to get to that length in that amount of time. I will not impose any rules, nor will I have a role call, no pressure. All you need to do is post your progress and what you are doing to keep yourself motivated.
I figure that most challenges are in the beginning of the year and since the year is more than half way later most have lost the chance to join such a challenge.
What do you say girls?
Remember,
:needpics:

teacherjess

I'm in but I'm not a regular pic poster. Yall MIGHT see one by the end of the year...but I will check in w/ progress:grin:
Currently SL, relaxed head-- do I post my regimen or anything?

katblack

Teacherjess, this will be a laid back challenge. You do whatever will get you to APL, and you can post pics, routines, cooking recipe(for hair of course,hehe)...
The whole point is to get us all together past the rut, you don't even have to post anything beneficial.

frizzy

I'm shooting for it, I probably won't make it, but I will at least be in the neighborhood. I should be able to chime in occasionally, but if not I will definitly post a ending photo.

My siggy is current. (June 20)

katblack

The challenge is not really the same. Here we have a no pressure APL challenge, LOL. That's what I should have called it. It is a personal challenge where we come to share what we are doing, if we feel we have to or not.

lovelexi

im in...i mean i just started my hair journey so i guess im all optimistic about everything. i'll be posting pics when i get my relaxer in the next two or three weeks.

NikkiQ

I'm in even though I don't have a snowball's chance in hell at making it to APL by December lol :wallbash:

Attachments

• 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 36

Americka

I'm in! I should be APL by August, but a 'lil cushion can't hurt. Nothing like a no stress challenge. Good thinking, OP!

Ozma

Please add me. The back of my hair is past collarbone, so I know I can do it with a summer growth spurt.:yep:

Chocolate Girl

Count me in, I think I can make it (again) I made APL in May, but had a setback, so we'll see.

Dec 2009

Feb 2010

April 2010

May 2010 look like APL, hair is very uneven

It didn't last long:nono:

Things I did wrong
Frequent blow drying, relaxing at 5weeks(do know what I was thinking), not trimming, cutting hair myself (would have had more hair left on my head had I got someone that knew what they was doing to trim):wallbash:

Oh well its only hair, life goes on.

Starting at Shoulder length,
Relaxed, 4b

Heck, I was aiming for APL by Dec 2009, but to great disappointment I didn't make it :sad:. So I have no choice but to aim for APL by Dec 2010. I will do my next length check when I take out these braids within the next few weeks. Fingers crossed I've gained good length :D

SexySin985

I'll join......

I am getting braids on the July 1st so I will update this post at that time with my starting pic and regimen.

4evershika

I'll join you ladies... I'm trying to make APL by December as well (actually hoping to be there by my bday in November)

Right now I'm past SL in the back (1.5" from APL), barely SL in the front.

I'll post pics when I relax my hair in a couple of weeks...

Forever in Bloom

I'm in!

As you can see, I am at the 3 on my progress t-shirt (May 7, 2010). As of June 12th, I took another progress picture and I am now at the 4 inch line, which makes me APL...BUT - my goal is to make full APL. All I need is 3 more inches :grin:

stixx

I'm <3 inches to APL so I should be making it... but I'm not good enough with tracking my progress to join any challenge threads. But I'll post in solidarity with you ladies :)

dede1129

I'm in!

As you can see, I am at the 3 on my progress t-shirt (May 7, 2010). As of June 12th, I took another progress picture and I am now at the 4 inch line, which makes me APL...BUT - my goal is to make full APL. All I need is 3 more inches :grin:

Where did you get your T shirt from? I want one :yep:

katblack

Thanx Girls/Guys!
Everyone remember, this is a no hassle challenge. We will just have a place to come and (advertise) talk about our progress, if there is any.
Looking forward to seeing more people pop in.

katblack

Here are my pictures of my hair. I will make sure the next pictures are of my stretched hair so that you can get a better idea of where I am at.

Attachments

• kathy.jpg
    kathy.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 14
  • kat.jpg
    kat.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 11

lovelexi

if i dont make it i at least want healthier stronger hair. i dont just want length with the stringy ends.

Newtogrow

I'm in, I will post pics soon~I have to hook up my camera to post. Okay pic is in my siggy.

Last edited:

Melaninme

I'm in. I cut my hair almost three weeks ago and I'm missing the length terribly.:wallbash: The new cut is cute, but there are so many things/styles you can do with long hair.

Best Wishes for success ladies!