APL BY YEARS END...(dec2010)

Tell us a little about what you think you'll achieve.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jnichols61

Great! I have been looking for a thread like this. I am in. I am natural and should be APL by Dec 2010. I have 3 inches to go.

dafnie

I think I can do it! It would be a dream to make it to APL by the end of the year, I'm joining on in...

Judwill07

Count me in. I will be 8 weeks post relaxer this Sat. June 26th. I'm a little slow with figuring out how to post pictures, but I will wash and flat iron my hair this weekend and take pictures anyway. Once I figure out how to post pictures it will show progress from now till Dec 26th. Happy growing everyone.

Adaoba2012

Count me in too! I was in the BSL challenge but I'm about to do a mini chop and hope for APL by the end of the year..no pressure though...we still have about 5 more months :)

Creatividual

I'm in. My hair grows in layers. My longest layer is I'll say about 2 inches from APL so I'm confident that I can make it by the end of the year. I don't have any elaborate game plan or routine that I plan to implement.

I mainly rock protective styles during the week and wear my hair out on the weekends. I moisturize my hair daily and condition and wash it every week or so. That's pretty much it. I'm not going to make this harder than it has to be.

ajacks

Here is my first length check for 2009 (Feb. 2009)

There was a lot of damage so I cut back to shoulder length in April

Not sure if I can make it by December but I will try.

Chocolate Girl

I understand where you're at ajacks, my hair was damaged so I cut back to shoulder length, hopefully you will make it if not real close.

Judwill07

Ok, I'm trying to get the hang of this picture upload thing...:newbie: Lets just see if this works... Saturday I will wash and flat iron for picture .comparison/progression.

Attachments

• 23 June 10.jpg
    23 June 10.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 15

thehairmaverick

I'm in...don't have pics but hopefully I will get a camera for christmas:grin:. I am BSL/CBL/NL (growing with layers)...hopefully I will make it, but I'm not that confident :nono: I got to find a good moisturizer asap!

B3e

I'm in :lick: I BCed in Feb but I'm fun size so I should make it by Dec. Fingers crossed, I'm not gonna beat myself up if I don't make it, but I will be very very happy if I do. Pics when I take these braids out in Aug.

Being healthy from the inside out has helped my hair grow at a very nice steady rate (the way it always had minus the last couple of years) so I hope only the best for all of you healthwise. Good luck ladies! :yep:

ETA: I was already certain I could make APL in Dec if I had no setbacks, but now I've revisited biotin so I really should be at least APL if there are setbacks and beyond if I continue being diligent. Guess my measurements then will reveal how effective Biotin is for my hair. I'm taking 5mg and a super b-complex. Started 6/30.

Last edited:

ZkittyKurls

hey ladies im in!! im hoping for dec. but i added a couple months to feb just so i dont have a major dissapointment if i dont make it. i am currently transitioning and i will take a pic of my hair and post it in a few weeks. i will also be doing the bc in november so that will be 18 months in november and hopefully by dec i will be apl!!!

Chocolate Girl

Hi ladies,

July progress & relaxer update with profectiv relaxer (anti-damage protection) regular strength. I'm really happy with the results, I think its a keeper.

Its been two months since I last relaxed, blow dryed or flat ironed,

I getting a little more hopefull to reach APL by Dec. I was at this length before dec. 2009

Sorry for the huge siggy i'm working on decreasing it.

B3e

July Update:

I redid my edges today and measured the hairs in the back: 4" and that means I'm 4.5" to full APL. I should make it by Dec, ill continue moisturizing and cleaning regularly it seems to be the key to steady growth. I measured a week or so ago and I was a little past 3.5" so I know my hair is making progress.

I haven't taken biotin for a full week yet so I'm not sure if it will have any impact on my growth rate but that would be so fantastic! Especially if I continue to not break out since beginning to take it with a super b-complex. :grin:

naturalagain2

I'm in! My first challenge ever!! I'm new to LHCF. I'm natural and a little past shoulder length in the back. I just twisted my hair last night. I plan to do protectives styles and then I'll flat iron to see my progress the end of Dec. I'll post a pic once I learn how:look:.

VirGoViXxEn

hey Ladies,

I am getting a perm this Friday after a 6 month stretch. My current length in my avatar is from May. I hope to be closer to SL and Im praying for APL in Dec. Ill come back with update pics this weekend.

BomBShell♥

Im so down! I seriously DOUBT Im going to make apl in december cause i am about CL. I would love to put pics of where i am starting but i cant cause i have a full sewn-in! but anywho...as soon as i take this out I will post pics...aw this is my first challenge. yay!

bebezazueta

I will definitely make APL by December 2010. I relax on this weekend and will see how far I have to go. My avatar is May 2010 pic. I will update after I relax.

July 11th update. Avatar pic is now updated to July 11th after I relaxed with Silken Child.
I am an inch away from APL so I hope to be 2 to 3 inches past APL by December this year. My next relaxer is in October so I will update by then.

Last edited: