Apl Challenge 2017

Evolving78

I flat ironed my hair and used a Creme press on each section. I focused on my roots. I will be doing this for now on. I used to do this when I was a kid/teen curling my hair. My hair feels nice and my roots don't feel dry/rough. They are smooth and soft.

LushLox

I flat ironed my hair and used a Creme press on each section. I focused on my roots. I will be doing this for now on. I used to do this when I was a kid/teen curling my hair. My hair feels nice and my roots don't feel dry/rough. They are smooth and soft.

I bought a creme press, took one look at it and thought, nah I can't use that. It was just so heavy....

I guess you found yours okay, did you only use a teeny bit? I'd like to try it but I don't want to look like an oil slick as my hair is fine!

Evolving78

I bought a creme press, took one look at it and thought, nah I can't use that. It was just so heavy....

I guess you found yours okay, did you only use a teeny bit? I'd like to try it but I don't want to look like an oil slick as my hair is fine!
I have Keracare, and Silk Elements leave-in. Yes, I used a teeny bit. Like a finger prick from a pin amount. My hair wasn't oily, or weighed down.

Evolving78

I grabbed that Mane Choice Growth Oil for my hair. I didn't pay attention to that. I just needed an oil that wasn't coconut oil for my hair. I used a little when I wrapped my hair last night with her split ends serum on my ends. I hope my comb down is nice.

Evolving78

I'm thinking about cutting my hair to NL. I have really short hair at the front. The rest is really thin. Any hair twins in here?

View attachment 410711View attachment 410713
I would do a neck length bob for thickness, and have bangs in the front. The front will be shorter still, but it will give you a style. I would wear my hair curly to give it more volume and use volumizing products. Nioxin is great for that.

Or just cut it to SL and have the shorter hair frame the face.

faithVA

We got our other challenges together! you know I follow you around like a lost puppy anyway! Lol

I know I will do the APL Challenge next year but not sure what I'm going to do after that. The board has gotten so quiet. And I am super busy at work. I don't even remember to update my own challenges. But we shall see.

Carrie A

@shortdub78 Congratulation!!! Your hair looks fantastic. Are you going to stick around until Dec?

I trimmed my hair tonight but only about 1/2 inch.
I realized I have some broken off hairs and I'm trying to get to the root of it. A few things I'm adding are, don't kill me but putting on a scarf at night. My headboard is wicker and I feel that my hair may be snagging so I covered it. Also bobby pins may be a culprit so I'm exploring alternative options. Over all my hair is much thinker this time around.

I also added a scalp aryuveda growth oil and committed to using the scalp massager.

GGsKin

Congratulations! @shortdub78 that's some good looking progress you've made.

Did a little dusting on my ends again. I got round to washing my hair today, after about 3 weeks! I hate leaving it so long but I've been busy with other things. I also decided to comb my hair for a thorough detangle (it's been a good few months). So much hair! I'm hoping it's mostly sheds.

I'm currently sitting with APB UCS and Mielle Organics DC, wrapped in my hot towel combo for an hr.

CharlieEcho

I came across this youtuber.
Her hair is as thin as mine, so i got really excited when I saw her thumbnail hoping i'd get tips on styling thin hair. Unfortunately it's a new channel so not much content yet. Clearly, she doesn't have much density so I'm not sure there's much she can do to give the illusion of volume tbh.

By the way, the comments about her thin her are pretty cruel. Wish people would keep their nasty thoughts to themselves.

Evolving78

I came across this youtuber.
Her hair is as thin as mine, so i got really excited when I saw her thumbnail hoping i'd get tips on styling thin hair. Unfortunately it's a new channel so not much content yet. Clearly, she doesn't have much density so I'm not sure there's much she can do to give the illusion of volume tbh.

By the way, the comments about her thin her are pretty cruel. Wish people would keep their nasty thoughts to themselves.
I just would add layers to my hair and wear curly styles. But I would rock the heck out of buns and a fishtail braid. I can't do those styles right now, since I have high density hair, especially in the crown. I need more length.

Evolving78

I found an easy solution, I take them before food now, I was taking them after food and it would repeat horribly on me for ages afterwards.
It's that fish oil/shark cartilage. I ran out. I was so inconsistent taking those things. I would like to repurchase and try harder to take them daily. It's a good multivitamin anyway.

Evolving78

I love when a shampoo gives you a spa-like feeling. My three favorite shampoos are Macadamia Natural Oil, Silk Elements Moisturizing (I don't remember the exact name) and DE Avage and Lavender.
Also, Elucence shampoo that smells like peach schnapps/jolly ranchers is heavenly as well.

DE avocado is great, but it is a non sulfate. Their Oat Protein, and Honey Creme is great too.

LushLox

How many of you guys are able to not comb your hair until wash day?

I am attempting this again, but I always have the negative mindset that I can't do it. :ohwell:. However I haven't used the comb all this week and I have managed to look quite presentable and my hair has been fairly easy to work with. It's easy enough to do when the hair is moisturised and behaving itself so I'm going to continue and see what happens. As long as my hair doesn't tangle because the last time I tried this I got into a terrible mess with tangling. :nono: