April Fools NO HEAT Challenge!!!

KiSseS03

Hi!!

I'm new here (despite the join date lol). Anyway I want to try to commit to 3 months of NO HEAT because in 2006 I want to have my healthiest hair ever :dance7:!! The last time I used heat was November 24, and I plan on keeping going from there... but.... I know everyone wants to look purty for the Holidays :lol: soooo I was thinking the official start date could be January 1, 2006.

So ladies! Who's in??:)

I'm in....:cheers: !

I've been searching the forum for about a week now trying to figure out what the best styles w/o heat would be. I will be doing rollersets and airdrying to wear buns.

msshic said:
I'm in....:cheers: !

I've been searching the forum for about a week now trying to figure out what the best styles w/o heat would be. I will be doing rollersets and airdrying to wear buns.

Yea!! :clapping: Glad to have you msshic! Rollersets are awesome for no heat, I actually went 6 months with no heat with rollersets exclusively!

Who else is in?!

Im definetely in. Im getting braids on Dec. 26 and I'm keeping them in until March, of course I will be re-braiding them from time to time so this works out perfect for me.

nelli711 said:
Im definetely in. Im getting braids on Dec. 26 and I'm keeping them in until March, of course I will be re-braiding them from time to time so this works out perfect for me.

Awesome! Glad to have you Nelli! I'm going to be braided up for most of the challenge too!

Does anyone have a pic of how a rollerset looks after airdrying? I rollerset a lot, but I've never done it without heat.

tishee said:
Awesome idea! I'm in!
Glad to have you tishee!

@ DivineFavor: I don't have any pics (hopefully I'll get a digi cam for Christmas :)) but I always airdry my rollersets, I find they come out softer and moisture stays in better that way, compared to sitting under my dry... Hopefully someone comes along with pics to convince you though :)!

Woot! Glad to have you along Sweet Ambrosia and Caribbean Dream!

@ Caribbean Dream... I'm like you girl... I'll be 20 in May so I'l fix up then :lol:

There is already a no heat challenge for the natural ladies. I have been going strong since March but I am about to break it. I want to use a colorshine on my hair and I need heat. My hair feels really thick and healthy from not using heat.

KiSseS03 said:
Yea!! :clapping: Glad to have you msshic! Rollersets are awesome for no heat, I actually went 6 months with no heat with rollersets exclusively!

Who else is in?!

Im in:grin:

I am currently about 7 weeks post relaxer. How do you keep your new growth straight with rollersets?

Lorraine

Yea! Glad to have you more ladies in the challenge!

Lorraine S said:
Im in:grin:

I am currently about 7 weeks post relaxer. How do you keep your new growth straight with rollersets?

Lorraine

Hey Lorraine, my newgrowth isn't completely smooth, but if you apply lots of tension and put in lots of rollers you can get a really good result. I use a large wide tooth comb to detangle my hair, then comb each section of hair with a fine tooth comb to smooth it before I roll it. HTH!

KiSseS03 said:
Yea! Glad to have you more ladies in the challenge!

Hey Lorraine, my newgrowth isn't completely smooth, but if you apply lots of tension and put in lots of rollers you can get a really good result. I use a large wide tooth comb to detangle my hair, then comb each section of hair with a fine tooth comb to smooth it before I roll it. HTH!

Thanks for the reply kisses, ill give this a try..:grin:
Lorraine

carribean_dream said:
I ALMOST already broke this challenge... this is going to harder than I thought...

You can do it girl! Trust me, if I, a Former Heat Addict can do it, you can!!

Back