Are u getting that summer growth spurt?

Are u getting increased growth this summer?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • No

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • I dont know

Votes: 96 47.5%

• Total voters

Isis

I am!!!! I'm 7 wks post and it is a jungle up there:eek: . I am about to resort to cornrows so I will still be able to stretch to 12 wks. I'll be applying my MTG and start back on my high protien diet to maximize this growth. Anyone else out there getting super growth?
I sure am! Mine is pretty dense too! I tame it with Sylver2's scarf drying method which keeps my newgrowth very close to my scalp and allows me to stretch longer.:)

Mortons

I dont know, honestly. I'm co-washing daily and doing a wash and go so I havent straightened my hair in a while. Plus my hair is 85% natural (texlaxed ends) so with shrinkage who knows...

pinkdot's blog

I've had individual braids in my hair since the beggining of July. I wont be taking them out until the end of August. I've gotten about an inch of growth in the back so far and 1/4 of and inch in the front:mad:. But I will truly see when I take out my braids and flat iron my hair at the end of August.

nomoweavesfome

Oddly enough I don't have one! I usually do, but this summer my hair growth is as usual:mad:. Maybe it was the wedding stress. I'm still psyched about my growth tho!:D

bellesocialite

Eh. I don't think so. :( I'm about 9 weeks post and I could swear to you I've seen more NG in less time. My hair is in a rut.

I remember getting excited about it at the beginning of summer. Honestly, I cant say. I remember last summer getting excited about it. We will see at the end of the summer.

MzOptimistic

Yes, I am. I was wondering what was up because I have been slacking on my vitamins. I'm 7 weeks post also and man it's mad growth...man, I hope this puts me at brastrap!:p

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I'm with tsmith on this one, I haven't been consistent with my vitamins since the second BC challenge and decided to just do without them and my NG hasn't skipped a beat, lol, I love summer growth spurts.

turnergirl

I have had a growth spurt. I got an inch in one month but I am not sure if that is the summer or my sulfur mix. I was shocked to see that my tiny box braids I worked on so hard looked crazy :eek: because I had an inch of growth. Oh well I can't complain about that kind of growth.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Im officially 7 weeks today and its bad i have over and inch of hair (unstretche) and I have to use the tail end of a rat tail comb to part so I can but my BT in.. I have also been taking my vits and Im good to go and lots of water.

sunshinebeautiful

Haven't been able to really tell.... I've been in braids all summer. Not sure if this is growth or braid slippage. We'll see when I take them out.

Bint Yusef

I am.

I have twists in so now I can actually see if my hair is growing and at what rate. I have about an inch of new growth and Ive had them in since July 1.

tatje

I'm not. I usually get mine in the winter. From September to January. My hair seems to grow slower the rest of the year.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Hmmmm ... I'm not really sure. I'm getting my hair flat ironed by Balisi tomorrow, so I'll be able to tell then.

rissybaby

Not yet!!

but since i usually use NO heat in the summer (i do wash n go styles) i can be sure to count on those extra inches i will be receiving once the weather is nice enough to do my summer styles :grin:

silenttullip

Not yet my summer growth sprouts out when it's technically summer like early june - august I think. In the spring I think it just poofs up cause it's happy about all the pretty flowers