How R U going 2 maximize your summer growth spurt?

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
The Source of the Summer Growth Spurt?

Many people experience faster hair growth in the summer than in winter. Ever wonder why? The trigger is apparently the increase in daylight hours during the summer months. Because we are exposed to more sunshine, our bodies manufacture more Vitamin D, which is involved in making hair. So our hair grows faster during the summer.

Also, the summer sun and heat stimulates blood flow in your head and scalp, which nourishes hair follicles and enables hair to grow faster, than in the cooler winter.

So I’m thinking, because I spend most of my day in air conditioned buildings I’m going to make a point of slapping on some SPF fitty-elevem hundred and make sure that I get some extra sun (at least an hour), everyday.
Maybe have lunch on the patio near my office building.

Besides following your haircare & vitamin regimes what are you doing to maximize the summer growth spurt?

Lindy

I'm going to try and keep my hair WET a lot of the time, (i.e. washing more often, and spritzing it every day...) since supposedly water makes it grow!!

Ipanema

Continue exercising
Drink lots of water
Scalp massages
Relax (stress makes my hair fall out)

DahomeyAmazon

It's a shame how I am to busy (or lazy) to do anything extra.
Maybe I'll try to do one of my sad pre-shampoo treatments every once in a while.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
Also, the summer sun and heat stimulates blood flow in your head and scalp, which nourishes hair follicles and enables hair to grow faster, than in the cooler winter.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel this is one of the main keys. If I can keep blood flow to my scalp often, this will increase the growth. For me, that means more exercise besides my usual daily exercise. Like more bicycle riding this summer.

Healthb4Length

lots of H20, lots of fruits and veggies (organic), hair suppliments, exercise, scalp massages, I will wear my hair braided or twist outs. Louise Marie Longhairs, and washing 3-4 times a week. Lots of TLC!

keke

By taking these women's ultra mega vitamins again. I started up again 2 days ago and already i see growth in the front. I am just....amazed at how this has ALREADY started so quick. Plus i am not even doing it like it says to do either. Take twice a day. But i will get on that later.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Sticking to my vit reg
Bicycling 2-3 times weekly
Spending more time outside with my kids
Drinking a gallon of water a day
Wearing protective styles
Daily scalp massages

These are things I already do so summer time I am ready for ya!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm going to wet/wash my hair most days out of the week with water, then leave-in conditioner, and my mixture of oils and put it in a wet bun to protect my ends, and let it airdry.

Also start back exercising (kind of slacked off because I never had time to do it), massaging my scalp more, and continue my hair regime...if u want to know it, feel free to contact me

keke

VERY beautiful pic of your twist out lindy. Loving it. Full, thick, looks like it can flow. hehehe.

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel this is one of the main keys. If I can keep blood flow to my scalp often, this will increase the growth. For me, that means more exercise besides my usual daily exercise. Like more bicycle riding this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I started bicycling yesterday. I did 6 miles. I haven't been on a bike in 15 years! I need to get one of those gel seats or else I will be walking like I'm bow-legged all summer. It was painful.

S

Stylepink

*Keep my hair moisturized and well conditioned
*Stick to my vitamins
*Excercise
*Drink tons of water and eat healthy

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
I'm going to try and keep my hair WET a lot of the time, (i.e. washing more often, and spritzing it every day...) since supposedly water makes it grow!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice Lindy. I'll be doing the same thing. Daily rinsing and conditioing does the trick for me every time.

26INCHHAIR

Conditioner, Conditioner, Conditioner, lots of moisture, 5000mcgs of biotin a day, 2 womens multivitamin, water, water, and Vitamin C, plus some SURGE

WaterMoccasin

-More green foods (chlorella, spirulina)
-Much much more exercise
-Moisture moisture moisture: a)internal- drinking more water, b)external- moisturizing/conditioning my hair)
-Vitamin reg: Biotin/B-complex/Cod liver oil
-Protective styles (buns, braids, twists...)
-Stick with protein challenge
-If I can get my hands on Sulfur8 and Surge, I'll use them
-I might start the Carrot Juice Challenge this summer

A_Christian

Excercising!!!!! Dance classes all summer long

Drinking a ton of water every day
Eating very healthfully
No direct heat (With the exception of deep conditioning under the hooded dryer)
Hardly any trimming

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
keke said:
VERY beautiful pic of your twist out lindy. Loving it. Full, thick, looks like it can flow. hehehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks keke!!

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice Lindy. I'll be doing the same thing. Daily rinsing and conditioing does the trick for me every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to know, Army!!
I hope it works for me as well as it has worked for you!!!

Melaninme

1. Exercise
2. Vitamin Regimen
3. Water, water, water
4. Protective style i.e., twists and possible updos.
5. ***New*** daily scalp massages. Going on three
days strong!

DigitalRain

Learn how to do an amazing french twist and continue to take my vitamins. I've been getting great results after adding biotin and MSM to my multivitamin. I noticed that the occasional knee pain I have had(left over from dancing) hasn't returned.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Continue to condition wash every day...drink more coconut water...and stick to a healthy diet and workout program.