Are you still "natural" if you...

Oasis

grabbing life by the pussy
It's not natural IMO. I wouldn't call them relaxed/texurized either though.

I have a permanent halo. No amount of gel, scarves, water, or brushing is going to keep that thing in place. I think it's so cute anyway.

nikki2229

A "Halo" that LittleGoldenLamb is referring to is a relaxer only around the perimeter of your hair. It is not exactly a style. It is a term used at some beauty parlors to imply that you only want to relax that area and the price is cheaper than a full head touch up.

A "halo" is normally given to a girl who rocks a short cut(to keep the shaved part in the back smooth) or a weave where the edges and back may be exposed.

I hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
hahahahaha
this is funny
you're whatever you call yourself
i wonder if i'm not "natural" since i have color damage...
wait... I say I'm natural...
I'm NATURAL
sometimes i forget this is a bunch of women on here LOL who cares...
this is however quite entertaining
i think my edges are prettier laying down and I would texturize them, I never have but I've been natural since the day I was born and my edges are a pain in the A$$!!!

Last edited:

Nonie

Why does that baby have on a flower bikini top? I'm so confused.

You made me choke on my juice. :lachen: I didn't even pay attention to what the li'l baby was wearing. Bwahaha @ you being confused. :dead:

BostonMaria

i call it cheatin:lol:
LOL You're so silly :grin:

I guess if you can do it and make it look decent. But there's always a chance that you telax that area and it doesn't blend in right, or it come out too straight.

Can you call yourself natural? I have no idea. I would imagine that the hair board police will call you out :grin: At the end of the day, do what's right for you and your hair. I personally wouldn't do it, but do what makes you happy.

tocktick

What is it about your edges that makes you want to relax them?

I understand that the "halo" can be annoying, but in my experience the edges are the softest, least resistant and most susceptible to damage of any area..

I agree with the above.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't call myself a natural if I relaxed my edges but that's just me. I'm not a natural nazi or whatever but I feel it would be odd for me to call myself that. I would not really be bothered by someone who relaxed their edges calling themselves natural. Although I would think what they're doing is unusual.

In my mind, it seems like this shouldn't be a dilemma, thus the issue of what the label yourself seems especially irrelevant. I don't see how edges can be so much of a nuisance that a regular chemical treatment nor creating extra work in your reggie due to it is necessary. JMHO. I'm not trying to dismiss those who do have issues with their edges though since I'm not in their shoes.

halocj

I would say not natural.the thing about being natural is to have ALL of your hair natural including the halo..it would be the same as when some women think they are natural because they are tex lax:nono:(some to think this)