For those that are texturized-- Hair Typing

sengschick

The Bun Master
Yeah, that makes sense too. See there are too many variables!

options

I consider myself a 4A/B. I would be so afraid to put a texturizer in my fear for fear that it would straighten out entirely, since so many of the texturizer "success" stories seem to be on hair in the 3-range. There are some examples of type 4s texturizing on the Curve site, and most of them look nice, but I don't trust myself to do it, nor do I trust anyone else to be up in my hair, either.

I want to stay natural, but I know that as my hair grows out, it will become more difficult to handle ... that's what made me cut off the 12+ inches I had before ... it was just too time consuming and difficult.

WaterMoccasin

I categorize by my natural hair since that is what i know best (I was relaxed for YEARS then I transitioned for a year and then fully natural for 2. I texturized my hair for the first time this year). My natural hair is unmistakably 4a/3c (mostly 4a). My texturized hair is a little bit looser and a little more vague. It's still like 4a to me, but some might consider it 3c now. It's in that blurry line between the 2 i guess...

model_chick717

[ QUOTE ]
options said:
I consider myself a 4A/B. I would be so afraid to put a texturizer in my fear for fear that it would straighten out entirely, since so many of the texturizer "success" stories seem to be on hair in the 3-range. There are some examples of type 4s texturizing on the Curve site, and most of them look nice, but I don't trust myself to do it, nor do I trust anyone else to be up in my hair, either.

I want to stay natural, but I know that as my hair grows out, it will become more difficult to handle ... that's what made me cut off the 12+ inches I had before ... it was just too time consuming and difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little weary of the Curve site, I have to say. Only because there is a lot of hair manipulation it seems. They are also using a TON of product and blowdryers, etc. even on the "Silkened" styles--there not really "wash-n-go's". Also, if you notice, they're focused less on Silkener's now and are really pushing the Curly Merengue and Curly Pudding--I guess what they are beginning to make money on. When the Silkener was the "thing"--damn near every picture was a before and after of a Silkener, but now that the products are the new focus--you barely see any new pics of Silkeners...so I'm a little weary.

Tai

I'm very leery of the Curve site. I'm even more leery of the products. I have a feeling they do more than just texturize then use the pudding or the merengue. There's some technique involved to elongate those curls that they aren't getting into. I want to know what fingerstyling really is.

options

I agree that the Curve site is a little suspect. The information on there is scant, at best, and they really get over on the photos. That's how they hook people in, but at the expense of either not informing them or misinforming them by omission.