Asha - A Newbie's Album. 2/16/2003

Allandra

Re: Asha - A Newbie\'s Album.

Hi Asha, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy it here.

daviine

Your hair is pretty. Thanks for sharing.

On a technical note, what kind of software did you use in the "playing around" album? You should print those and frame them for your bedroom.

adrienne0914

hi, asha!

welcome to the group, girl! thanks for sharing the pics from the beginning of your journey. just lovely. /images/graemlins/smile.gif i wish i had taken more back then. so you're definitely doing the right thing.

adrienne

Melaninme

Allandra, Daviine and Adrienne0914, Thank you ladies! See what I mean about the support?

Allandra, Thank you. I know that I will love it here!

Daviine, the software I used to create the pics is photoimpression4.

Adrienne0914, you are right. Taking the pics is a great way to stay focused and it allows me to see the progress, or lack of progress that's being made.

Take care, all of you and thanks for taking time to welcome me to this board and for your kind words.

Asha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne0914

okay, i was just looking at the rest of your pics. your hair looks so thick on that "all together now" pic, girl! even though the hair at the top stops higher, i really think that hair is probably the longest on your head. i can't wait to see your next pics. how do you wear your hair on a daily basis?

adrienne

Armyqt

Welcome to the board Asha!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif Checked out your photos. Your hair is very pretty and I love the color!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Melaninme

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:
okay, i was just looking at the rest of your pics. your hair looks so thick on that "all together now" pic, girl! even though the hair at the top stops higher, i really think that hair is probably the longest on your head. i can't wait to see your next pics. how do you wear your hair on a daily basis?

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

Adrienne,

Lately I have been wearing my natural hair in twists and twistouts; mostly twists. I am currently making changes to my Natural folder, but when I am done, I'll post here when it's ready. Also, I'll post pics of my twists in the growing stage to monitor the length of my twists as my hair grows.

Asha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AZJeepgurl

Welcome to the Board, Asha! You'll love it here! You have very pretty hair. Looks thick and healthy! Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more pics of your progress!

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hairfanatic

Hi Asha,/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Welcome to the forum! You hair looks BEAUTIFUL, healthy and thick. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I definately beleive you will achieve your goal. Keep up the good work. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sindeee

Re: Asha - A Newbie\'s Album. 2/16/2003

Welcome Asha....

You will love it here. The girls are great, knowledgeable and so friendly! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sindeee

Nicetameecha

Welcome Asha!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif
I am new to the boards also and I love it here. Your hair is gorgeous. You've come to the right place for help and support.

LuvableLady

Wow, I’m really loving the straightened pic bottom row on the right, the one that says “all together now”. Lovely, simply lovely. Pictures like these are one of the reasons I decided to go natural. 3 weeks fully natural (tomorrow) and growing strong for me! I now have almost 3 inches of natural hair, I know it's not a lot but it has grown so much in 3 weeks (about an inch). Oh, this is not about me. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Welcome and thank you for sharing your pics. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tara

I love your hair!! It's looks very healthy, so girl, I'm convinced that you will get to where you want to be in no time!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif You have healthy hair habits!!

I don't know if you already posted your regime, if you did not though please inform. I am also a natural on the grow /images/graemlins/grin.gif

and WELCOME to the board!!

Mahalialee4

Another Newbie!... Come on in the water's fine. Natural, you say? Me too. You will find that relaxed or natural, makes no difference here...we are ALL mutually obsessed with growing our hair out L O N G and B E A U T I F U L. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Bonjour. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

skegeesmb

Hey! Glad to see you over here! These are a great group of women to hang around with!

Skegeesmb

skegeesmb

Mahalialee4 said:
Another Newbie!... Come on in the water's fine. Natural, you say? Me too. You will find that relaxed or natural, makes no difference here...we are ALL mutually obsessed with growing our hair out L O N G and B E A U T I F U L. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Bonjour. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ain't that the truth Mahalialee4 /images/graemlins/smile.gif!

VALLEYGIRL

Welcome Asha
I recognize you from some of the other hair boards on the web...good to see you over here.
I am sure you will both learn and contribute a lot on this board!
Warm Welcome again
Valleygirl

Kitkat

Welcome Asha. Your hair looks great - it's so thick and very healthy looking. You'll like this board a lot!!

JazzAngel

Mahalialee4 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Beautiful! I was going into withdrawls from not seeing your album. I always got inspired by your various looks.

Yes, this is what I love about this board the love and support that is given. And no guilt for wanting to have LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR. Jeeese, I hope this board remainds this way!!!!
/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jenai

Your hair is sooooo cute! Keep us posted on your progress.

Robin41

Hello, Asha, and welcome to the board. Your photos are great (I hear ya about growing out the layers - me too). I especially love the twists.

Your hair looks like it's in good shape; very healthy and your ends look good. Good luck achieving your goals!

pebbles

Hi Asha,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad to have you here, and your hair is very nice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Asha welcome to the board. Your hair looks great and I like the way you presented then on fokti. I love the profile pic #4 you looked stunning there, forget Gabrielle Union and Toni braxton that would make a great cover on sophisticates magazine.

Valerie

Lovely hair Asha, very very lovely. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the updates. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ngaa

/images/graemlins/wave.gif welcome asha to the group..yo hair is the absolute best and gives me hope that i too can have healthy ends some day if i continue treating my hair gently and carefully...and that colour GIRL!! is that permanant?? what regime do u use?? takin any vitamins?? sorry to be so nosy, pliz tell

Sindeee said:
Welcome Asha....

You will love it here. The girls are great, knowledgeable and so friendly! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sindeee

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/smile.gif that is so true

ngaa /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Melaninme

Well, well, well...I must say I certainly feel very welcomed here and loved. You ladies know how to make a girl/woman feel special!

Nicetameecha, Kitkat, Robin41, Peebles, Valerie: Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Sindee, Luvablelady, Skegeesmb, JazzAngel, Valleygirl and Mahalialee: Nice to know that I have support from my natural sistas as well. Thank you.

JazzAngel, I feel you on the not feeling guilty thing. By the way, thank you for letting me use a couple of your inspiration pics for my album.

Gigi, Thank you sweetie. I will keep everyone posted of my progress I promise.

LondonDiva, you are so kind! You always have been and I appreciate it more than you know.

Ngaa, Thank you. The color you see is a permanent color by Loreal (Golden Bronze). I only left it on for 5 - 7 minutes because, I did it myself at home and I was too chicken to leave it on for the recommended time of 20 - 25 minutes.

I hope that I did not leave anyone out./images/graemlins/look.gif

Take care,

Asha ;D

Last edited:

sweetcocoa

Hi! I am so honored to see you here. You are one of the ladies I mentioned a while back that keeps me on the natural path! Your versatility with your hair inspires me. I'm so glad to see you here. I visited your natural album(and posted) before you had to close it. As always your hair makes me feel good about staying natural. Thanks!

mirrormirror

Hey Asha~
Your hair is so pretty, healthy and full, I especially like the straightened pics.