Asha - A Newbie's Album. 2/16/2003

Crysdon

Re: Asha - A Newbie\'s Album. 2/16/2003

Asha, your hair is very pretty...especially the Jan. 2003 natural pic and the straightened "all together now" pic. Keep up the good work.

Melaninme

Thank you SweetCocoa and MirrorMirror.

SweetCocoa, I do remember you and your comments. Thanks for your kind words and I am GLAD to be here!

Asha /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Melaninme

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Crysdon said:
Asha, your hair is very pretty...especially the Jan. 2003 natural pic and the straightened "all together now" pic. Keep up the good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Crysdon!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

You have beautiful hair. Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/wave.gif What products do you use for pressing?

iris

Hello Asha/images/graemlins/wave.gif

Welcome to the hairforum and I'm glad you've joined us. Your photos are really nice. You have a head full of thick, pretty hair! Keep up the great work /images/graemlins/up.gif

Iris

lshevonne

Asha your hair looks great. I wish I could go natural. I'm so tenderheaded. LOL /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

beana3

beautiful... the health is amazing!!! I love the fullness (that's how i would like my hair to look). I enjoyed viewing the pics!!

Amethyst

Hi Asha /images/graemlins/wave.gif

You and your hair are simply gorgeous. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing those lovely pics /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Amethyst

deborah11

welcome asha! you and your hair---- absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I have decided to transition to natural hair. Your hair is an inspiration to me. keep up the good work and i look forward to your posts and hair advice, everyone on this board is wonderful. deborah

Melaninme

Lshevonne, Beana3, Amethyst and Deborah11, thank you for the kind words and for welcoming me to this board. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Deborah11, I am glad to hear about your decision to go natural. It's a big step, but I'm sure that you will be happy with your decision.

Take care all of you.

elliot

Asha,

I love your hair. Its so full! The color is nice too. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Zola

Asha,

I just wanted to join in and say that it is certainly nice to have you here. I'm familiar with your progress from another board and I must admit that your natural hair album has been truly inspirational. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I followed your instructions on the "lite" press to temporarily straighten my transitioning hair. I studied your pictures and thought to myself "Yeah, I can do that!" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Asha,

You photograph soooooooooooo well! Are you a model by chance?

moni

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful....what more can i say /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Melaninme

Elliot, Zola, Fashionista, Supergirl and Moni, thank you very much for taking time to view my pics and for your wonderful comments.

Zola, I am glad that you found my pics helpful to you, it means that I did something right.

Supergirl, Thank you for the compliment. I am not a model, although my husband says that I should be. (I think he's in love) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You all are wonderful! BIG THANKS! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Faith

Welcome Asha.

I'll add to the masses and say your hair is beautiful. It looks soooo soft looking, I wished I could reach out and touch it...lol! I also like the color and the thickness. It's nice to have another natural sis over here. I'm sure you'll love it here...we all do /images/graemlins/grin.gif

leejure

I second, third and fourth all the comments! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Your hair is beautiful!!!

-lee

UmSumayyah

You do look like a model. /images/graemlins/weird.gif And your hair looks great, keep up the good work!

mahogani

Hi asha, your album is wonderful i love your pictures and the progress that you made and more to come welcome to our board!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Melaninme

Faith, Leejure and UmSumayyah,

You girls are going to making me blush.

Melaninme

Asha\'s First Flat Twist Attempt 2/19/2003

I have posted pics of my first flat twist attempt and added a couple of new pics within my Playing Around album.

Take a peek.

Take care,

pebbles

Re: Asha\'s First Flat Twist Attempt 2/19/2003

Asha, I said it before, but let me say it again: you have really nice hair. Your twists look so nice! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

daviine

Asha!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Your pictures are beautiful............I mean truly beautiful and so are you. I think that you should consider modeling.

I'm confused though...why would someone say that you are not "napptural" enough? As far as I'm concerned, you are another person whose pictures may very well inspire me to "take the plunge" one day.

Anyways.....like you said...I guess you can't please everyone.

How do you get the twists to stay flat against your scalp...is it a two strand twist?

Melaninme

daviine said:
Asha!!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Your pictures are beautiful............I mean truly beautiful and so are you. I think that you should consider modeling.

I'm confused though...why would someone say that you are not "napptural" enough? As far as I'm concerned, you are another person whose pictures may very well inspire me to "take the plunge" one day.

How do you get the twists to stay flat against your scalp...is it a two strand twist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pebbles, Thanks sweetie! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Daviine, Thank you as well. The flat twists were done after taking out my single two strand twists. The flat twist were two strand twisted against my head.

HTH,

Thank you ladies for your kind words and for your time.

BlkMane

Asha!! I'm so glad you've joined this board. I actually
stumbled upon your album a while back and really
loved all your hair styles.

Glad you are one of the LHCF sistahs now!! :grin

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)

daviine said:
I'm confused though...why would someone say that you are not "napptural" enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealousy. Her hair texture is not chemically altered. I thought THAT was what that particular forum "promotes". All the drama/negativity there is ridiculous and those types of posts seem to get more attention than the haircare posts. Just my opinion.

Melaninme

BlkMane said:
Asha!! I'm so glad you've joined this board. I actually
stumbled upon your album a while back and really
loved all your hair styles.

Glad you are one of the LHCF sistahs now!! :grin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I glad to be a member! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Take care.

Tracy

Okay - your hair is definitely gorgeous and as ever when I see natural heads on the boards you give me hankering for a head full o curls. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

But may I also say - girl your bone structure is OFF the RACK! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif You are so BEAUTIFUL!!!

I agree with Daviine. You should definitely model if you don't already.

Oh and welcome welcome welcome to the board...

/images/graemlins/wink.gif