Aubrey GPB/ Giovanni Direct

nmfsc

Wow, why have these products been missing from my hair stash? I am in absolute love with this conditioner and leave in. I am on a natural ingredient high and now my interest has turned towards using these types of products. My hair feels so wonderfully healthy and soft, not heavy. The softness is different than what I am used to. Not overly, breakage soft, but strong soft, if that makes any sense. My rollerset using the Giovanni leave in was the best my hair has ever felt. I went back to the healthfood store and got the Giovanni 50/50 remoisturizer and am in love with it as well.

The new Aubrey Aloe Essence line is very nice as well. Yes, I have been on a small frenzy. Once again, the results yield soft, shiny, light and bouncy hair for my rollersets. The conditioner smells awful, I mean it is completely funky! But, it leaves the hair looking so nice and if you can fight the smell, it fades in a couple of hours. Nice detangling properties. The shampoo is not drying, actually detangles very well and feels moisturizing, but don't expect a bunch of lather.

I like these natural products better than my expensive salon/drugstore cheapies, at least for when I have little to no new growth. I will save my dominican products for new growth time.

I have located a very large health food store in my area that houses every imaginable natural and not so natural shampoo, conditioners, hair oils, etc. I will be having fun this summer trying out Nature's gate, Alba, Desert Essence, EO and a whole lot of other stuff I am eyeing.

Yep, I love most of the product you mention. Glad you found them.
smile.gif

Yes!!!!! Giovanni direct is on point..I'm gonna have to try the 50/50 now. Yay! Congrats on finding things that work well for you!

[ QUOTE ]
Nice said:
How do you use Aubrey GPB? Do you follow the directions on the bottle?

[/ QUOTE ]

I leave it in for 20-30 mins with my hair covered by a plastic cap w/no heat...sometimes I leave it in overnight for extra conditioning...
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nmfsc said:
Wow, why have these products been missing from my hair stash? I am in absolute love with this conditioner and leave in. I am on a natural ingredient high and now my interest has turned towards using these types of products. My hair feels so wonderfully healthy and soft, not heavy. The softness is different than what I am used to. Not overly, breakage soft, but strong soft, if that makes any sense. My rollerset using the Giovanni leave in was the best my hair has ever felt. I went back to the healthfood store and got the Giovanni 50/50 remoisturizer and am in love with it as well.

The new Aubrey Aloe Essence line is very nice as well. Yes, I have been on a small frenzy. Once again, the results yield soft, shiny, light and bouncy hair for my rollersets. The conditioner smells awful, I mean it is completely funky! But, it leaves the hair looking so nice and if you can fight the smell, it fades in a couple of hours. Nice detangling properties. The shampoo is not drying, actually detangles very well and feels moisturizing, but don't expect a bunch of lather.

I like these natural products better than my expensive salon/drugstore cheapies, at least for when I have little to no new growth. I will save my dominican products for new growth time.

I have located a very large health food store in my area that houses every imaginable natural and not so natural shampoo, conditioners, hair oils, etc. I will be having fun this summer trying out Nature's gate, Alba, Desert Essence, EO and a whole lot of other stuff I am eyeing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...these prods are great... i have been using both of them for close to ten years now....i am glad you they work well on your hair...
smile.gif
smile.gif

I just used this (Aubrey's) last night and my hair is beautiful w/a capital "B"!!!!!
love.gif
It always leave my hair soft and full.

I cannot leave it on for long. I only put it on w/a shower cap and no heat for maybe 3-5mins. Anything more and it will be flat.

scratchchin.gif
Well.... I did just pack a shopping bag w/items to trade @ the LHCF Meeting.
poke.gif
Okay, okay!!! Is the Giovanni Leave-in creamy or liquid? What's the 50/50 like? Is it a blend of oils or is it whipped, more like Elasta's Mango butter? Does it contain protein?

TIA

Giovanni Leave-in is creamy. I don't know about the 50/50 tho.

AO GPB is the best, i leave it on for about 5-10 minutes whilst still in the shower. Sometimes, i've left it on for 30 but i like the results better when i leave it in for a shorter period of time.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Giovanni Leave-in is creamy. I don't know about the 50/50 tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx CH! Is it better than Lacio? Does it have protein?

HELL NO! Ain't nothing better than lacio lacio
grin.gif

i hated the giovanni direct leave-in, it did nothing for me. This is what it looks like

gv-1007.gif

And here r the ingredients:

Aqueous (water) extracts of rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil, nettle (urtica dioica oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil, clary (salvia sclarea), lavender (lavandula angustifolia), coltsfoor leaf (tussilago farfara), yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, soybean protein (glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

This is the shampoo balance (50/50)
gv-1003.gif

Aqueous (water) extracts of rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil, nettle (urtica dioica) oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butula alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil, clary (salvia sclarea), lavender (lavandula angustifolia), coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara), yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, soybean protein (glycine soja), c12-14 olefin sulfonate (coconut derived), cocamidopropyl betaine, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium chloride (sea salt), grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
grin.gif

i hated the giovanni direct leave-in, it did nothing for me. This is what it looks like

gv-1007.gif

Aqueous (water) extracts of rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil, nettle (urtica dioica oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil, clary (salvia sclarea), lavender (lavandula angustifolia), coltsfoor leaf (tussilago farfara), yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, soybean protein (glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

This is the shampoo balance (50/50)
gv-1003.gif

Aqueous (water) extracts of rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil, nettle (urtica dioica) oil, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil, birch leaf (butula alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil, clary (salvia sclarea), lavender (lavandula angustifolia), coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara), yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil, mallow (malva sylvestris), horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil, soybean protein (glycine soja), c12-14 olefin sulfonate (coconut derived), cocamidopropyl betaine, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium chloride (sea salt), grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the ingredients in lacio lacio?

@CH: Thanks!!!! Okay, that's all I need to know. Lord knows I don't need another product and esp not another creamy leave-in. I'm stuck w/that crappy Salerm as it is!

@ Neroli: I would have to look at bottle. It's mink oil, silk protein and a few other things. I don't think it's listed online anyplace. I'll check

@ Neroli - im not sure, i'd have to copy it from the bottle at home and post it 2morrow, unless someone else knows.

@ DD - 2 b honest, i don't remember. All i know is i used it like 5 times and i didn't feel like it added anything to my hair.

I found the ingredients for lacio lacio on another thread --here it is:

Lacio Lacio--
Water, cetearyl alcohol, mink oil, hydrolyzed silk, dimethicone copoliol, centrimonium chloride, panthenol, dmdm hydantoin, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, fragrance

[ QUOTE ]
What's the 50/50 like? Is it a blend of oils or is it whipped, more like Elasta's Mango butter? Does it contain protein?

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize for the late response.

The Giovanni 50/50 is a rinse out conditioner, so no it is not like the Elasta QP mango butter. It helps replenish moisture, give shine and softness. The slip is wonderful and I didn't want to wash my hair because my hair felt so wonderfully moisturized and soft.

From the bottle: " A superb conditioner that adds moisture and life to hair that has lost elasticity and flexibility. Works especially well on course brittle hair. 50/50 balanced remoisturizer leaves hair feeling soft, healthy and exceptionally nice to the touch."

It does what the bottle says, no false advertising.

Here are the ingredients:

water, extracts of rosemary oil, nettle oil, thyme oil, birch leaf oil, chamomile oil, clary, lavender, coltsfoot leaf, yarrow oil, mallow, hrosetail oil, soybean protein, vitamin E, cetyl alcohol, citric acid.

Pick it up and give it a try. It's not expensive. I got if for under 6 bucks and it is great for condition washes.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not the direct leave in, this is the 50/50 remoisturizer. But, now that I posted the ingredients in another thread for the 50/50 and look at my bottle of direct leave in, I see the fricking ingredients are the exact same. Now ain't that some s@@t! The packaging is different in that there are no big green leaves on the direct leave in, but little ones, and the bottle is white, no green top! Well, I have been had! I won't repurchase the leave in once I use it up, I will just use the 50/50 as a leave in after I wash with it.

I am a big fan of lacio, lacio as well, but found that the Giovanni direct leave in detangled my hair better and left my hair feeling more moisturized. My rollerset was much more bouncier than with the lacio. The lacio gives better shine, yes, but is not as moisturizing on a continuous basis.

Back