Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner VS. Trader Joe's Nourish Spa

Which conditioner do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Qurlyqt

Thank you! And LOL! Yeah, Fotki has been trippin' lately but I haven't found another alternative yet.

MissMusic

AOHSR is great, but AOWC is sooooo much better. It has this fantastic effect that can only be experienced, not explain. Even at 14 wks post it melts the tangles, leaves my hair INCREDIBLY moisturized, and the moisture lasts and lasts and lasts. I use it with heat for 15 minutes on dry hair or 30 minutes no heat on dry hair. I have never had a bad experience with AOWC. TRY IT!!! It is worth any price you might pay. I used to buy it a bottle at a time from Vitamin Shoppe, but since I like it so much I bought it in bulk from Amazon (fee shipping as a student). It is worth every penny.

constance

I've had positive results with AOHSR. I'm natural and like a previous poster mentioned, it is the only thing that allows me to detangle quickly and w/o hair loss. I dc with it but I do not use it as a leave in--I noticed it created tangles where it accumulated. In addition to Vitacost, Amazon sells AOHR for $7.67, and if you have AmazonPrime it ships for free.

Last edited:

Kimiche

My hair didn't like AOHSR and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa was just ok for me. It definitely loves the AOWC, that's my staple conditioner.

LaFemmeNaturelle

I just bought Nourish Spa today only because I had to go to a dance boutique right next door. I'm gonna try it next weekend and let you ladies know my results.

By the way, AOHSR saved the day again this past Saturday. My hair was a monster after I shampooed and the AOHSR just melted the tangles. I've used it 3 times so far and I have about half the bottle left so I won't be too disappointed if the NS doesn't work as well. 7 dollars for 3 months (6 uses) isn't so bad!

Rei

TJ's has protein in it...doesn't it? it makes my hair hard if i use it more than once a month. HSR is pure moisture goodness, i love it. I don't think they can be compared at all

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I've tried all 3, and here are my thoughts:

-- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose is just "meh" on my hair; I don't hate it, I don't love it.

-- Trader Joe's Nourish Spa is the bizness for my hair; I co-wash with it and use it as a leave-in. All I have to do is pair it up with some coconut oil, and it's even more amazing.

-- Aubrey Organics White Camellia is the best of the three in my opinion. It's the one I use as a deep conditioner and sometimes as a co-wash conditioner. I can't say enough good things about it: it literally melts my tangles enabling me to finger detangle only, it decreases my breakage and it provides incredible moisture that lasts all day. In fact, it's the one conditioner that helps with my breakage issues in my crown and the back of my head (which I'm suffering from right now). The only time I don't use it is when I run out and my local Whole Foods is out of stock. Then I'm forced to use something else until I stock back up.

But the absolute BEST combo is AOWC as a deep conditioner and TJNS as a leave-in. Win-win!!

Barbara

Princess
I have AO HSR (which I like) and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, but I haven't tried TJNS yet. I'll do so soon.

chebaby

im natural. when i was relaxed i loved HSR overnight on dry hair for a pre shampoo treat. now that im natural it doesnt do anything much for me. but i love love love trader joes. i mix it will oils and honey sometimes but it is amazing on its own. no need to add anything to it.

gadgetdiva

I'm relaxed & texlaxed and I just bought the AOHSR (the smell is so loud to me) I like the results. I got it at Vitamin Shoppe for $7 and some change. Its my co-wash. I haven't tried to use it as a leave in.

BostonMaria

I'm relaxed & texlaxed and I just bought the AOHSR (the smell is so loud to me) I like the results. I got it at Vitamin Shoppe for $7 and some change. Its my co-wash. I haven't tried to use it as a leave in.

Wow that's cheap! I bought a bottle at Whole Foods a few days ago for $11.99. I've been robbed! LOL

I love applying AOHR and getting under my steamer for an hour. My hair feels smooth like buttah.

ycj1

I hate to bash a product but from my experience just used the TJ Nourish and Spa shampoo and con and I must say I hate them both! This is my first time ever using them tonight and I felt the hardness in my hair instantly, especially fm the con.

For some reason my hair is weird to say the least but I've had great success with other products such as Aubrey Organics con only, and especially the Dominican products which gave me much slip btw. I even used a leave in by Komaza with coconut in it and my hair hated this as well. Oh, also my hair takes well to Mane n Tail too! Guess I will be selling the Komaza line I just rec'd in the mail too, and the TJ's shampoo and con soon.

Also I noticed my ends were full of snarls which I never ever get!:nono: This is my first and last time using these products.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Maybe you should try the conditioner just as a co-wash and not after the shampoo. I tried the Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo which has the same ingredients as the nourish spa and I hated that as well. And there's only one conditioner that can bring my hair back to normal after I use a terrible shampoo. But that doesn't mean my other conditioners aren't good. It just means they aren't good enough to follow up after something to terrible. Same experience with the Organix Coconut Milk poo and condish. The condish as a co-wash is fine by itself but the shampoo sucked so bad that barely nothing could bring my hair back to normal.

Anywho, I'm so upset because I co-washed yesterday but forgot to try the Nourish Spa. I'll try it Saturday.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Just co-washed with the NS and unfortunately, I was not impressed. It was thicker than Vo5 but it performed basically the same. It detangled my hair fairly well (finger detangling) so it's ok as a co-wash but it didn't have nearly as much slip as AOHSR so I know this won't be able to replace my AOHSR.:sad:

So I won't repurchase because Vo5 is 77 cents:spinning: but I will use it up because it is a pretty decent conditioner.

NIN4eva

I've used AOWC a few times and it seems to leave a weird, coated feeling on my hair. It does provide extra-smooth blow outs though. My vote is for AOHSR shampoo and conditioner.

aa9746

I've never tried Trader Joe's, but I had to say that AOWC is the BOMB!!! I use that stuff for everything; cowash, DC, leave-in! It's all purpose if you ask me! If I could only get rid of the smell.....If I could have WC smell like HSR then that would be the best of all worlds!

AOWC is my favorite!

Creatividual

I've used the AO Island Naturals con in the past and really liked it; was great for detangling and conditioning. I'ved used both TJ Nourish Spa and the Tea Tree Tingle conditioners. Both of them were great for conditioning and detangling. Out of the TJ ones, I like the Tea Tree Tingle best. The nourish spa's scent kinda bothers me and I don't like that it has parabens in it.

BoaterGirlKim

Nourish Spa Hands down for me - when used with the TJ shampoo. It doesn't work so well as a cowash for me as then it leaves my hair coated.

I'm still trying to find the right way to use AOHSR for my hair. I DC'd overnight with it after shampooing and it left my stands looking and feeling very thin and weak the next morning. The next time, I followed directions on the bottle and DC'd on dry hair, then shampooed and conditioned with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. When I rinsed out the AOHSR my hair felt good, but then when I followed with TJNS my hair was a dry mess (unusual when I use TJNS alone). I'm gonna try AOHSR one mo gin, following with CON Kiwi & Citrus poo and Kenra MC. If I get mediocre or less results, I'm giving it away.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Ok so I used TJNS again yesterday and that stuff MELTED in my hair!!! I think it may just replace my AOHSR. I still dont think its AS good but its good enough considering the price difference.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I've used both, and I like both, but if I had to choose one, it'd be TJ's Nourish Spa. The Nourish Spa is more versatile in that it can be used as a leave-in. The consistency/texture of AOHSR wouldn't fare well as a leave-in in my hair. Wtih the Nourish Spa, I could use it as is or mix it with oils. I can also stretch that conditioner easily, turning 1 bottle into 2 (mixing with distilled water) and STILL get the same results.

aa9746

Just co-washed with the NS and unfortunately, I was not impressed. It was thicker than Vo5 but it performed basically the same. It detangled my hair fairly well (finger detangling) so it's ok as a co-wash but it didn't have nearly as much slip as AOHSR so I know this won't be able to replace my AOHSR.:sad:

So I won't repurchase because Vo5 is 77 cents:spinning: but I will use it up because it is a pretty decent conditioner.

Just curious, have u tried the AOWC yet?

Boujoichic

I love my AOHSR it moisturizes like no other and leaves my hair so soft but it is true that it doesn't provide a lot of slip what I do sometimes is mix a lil Tresemme Naturals moisturizing conditioner ( it is cheap and comes in a big ole bottle ) it stretches the conditioner and adds slip.

MrsHdrLe

I just tried the AOHSR today and immediately fell in love! The down side, my hair is so soft, it may kick up my "hands in hair" disease. I used to use TJNS and I liked it, but after a while, it just didn't seem to work the same as when I first used it. Perhaps I needed to clarify, idk, but I do like it sometimes as a leave in and the price is right.