Hairitage Hydration's Jar of Joe
TPS Coffee Pomade and Rosemary Pomade
Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo
Natural Grow's Mango and Berries Cleaning Cowash
Air drying
Bun and more buns

overtherainbow

Some people actually love this!
I know a lot of people like it after they mix it with oils. I didn't have the time or the patience to be a mixtress this morning.
Is that the one in the gold labeled jar? If so... They really should be ashamed. That thing is all kinds of wrong. :nono:
Yep its the goldish jar and one of their oldest lines. My hair felt soft until I decided to DC with that junk. I had to use my trusty VO5 to help rinse it out because my hair was hard to the touch and matted in two sections. I'm too stubborn to return it so I'm going to try to mix it with EVOO and experiment on a small section next week.

I will say that after I examined my hair in better light, I noticed my hair was shinier and my curls were pretty defined in the places that weren't matted. And my hair felt naturally moisturized. But those are the only positives I got.

CodeRed

Yep its the goldish jar and one of their oldest lines. My hair felt soft until I decided to DC with that junk. I had to use my trusty VO5 to help rinse it out because my hair was hard to the touch and matted in two sections. I'm too stubborn to return it so I'm going to try to mix it with EVOO and experiment on a small section next week.

I will say that after I examined my hair in better light, I noticed my hair was shinier and my curls were pretty defined in the places that weren't matted. And my hair felt naturally moisturized. But those are the only positives I got.

That's sad that you have to use a $1 conditioner to counter the effects of a $13 one :lol:

Re: The shine and definition... I noticed that with the Tahitian Noni and Monoi Masque. It made my hair hard and made it mat a bit but it was shiny. I don't get it nor do I understand what caused that to happen because I've had all those ingredients in good conditioners before and there was never a problem.

NaturallyATLPCH

Big fat miss-shea moisture deep treatment masque. I never used a DC that made my hair feel worse then when I began. :cry3: Shea Moisture should be ashamed.

Child that DC is a freakin styler. They shouldn't een market it as a deep treatment.

Now the latest masks, Superfruit, Manuka Honey, my hair loves. The Fruit Fusion gets great reviews too. I have all in my stash, haven't used the Fruit Fusion yet.

NaturallyATLPCH

Potential Miss: Naturale Grow Irish Moss DC
I didn't like this one. I think the only reason my hair was somewhat soft is because I used the APB oil with it. But I think I will be using this up as a prepoo or cowash since I'm using it this month for the August products thread.

I'm going to use it again as a DC before I give up on it. It is definitely not as good as the Thick and Rich which I would definitely purchase again.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
I know a lot of people like it after they mix it with oils. I didn't have the time or the patience to be a mixtress this morning.

Actually that's the method recommended by SM for this masque.

NappyKinks

Huge Miss:

The oil in my July CurlBox Natural spilled during shipping. The bottle cover was barely screwed on and though it was in a ziploc bag by itself, the bag was open so everything was a greasy mess. Even the outer shipping box was a soggy hot mess. I posted unboxing pics on CurlBox's fb page and they took them down. No comment, no message, no email, no apology, no offer to replace the oil, nada. They just removed my comment and pics.

When I posted I wasn't upset, I was just disappointed. It wasn't until I saw that they had ghosted my photos, like I didn't even matter, that I got furious. I paid good money for that ish and they couldn't even be bothered to seal neither the bottle nor the bag and then to add insult to injury they just dismissed me with the click of a mouse.:angry2: Not cool CurlBox, not Cool at all!!

overtherainbow

I know I am late to all these but...

Hits:
Tresseme Naturals Moisture Conditioner. Someone on here suggested that I use this and now I was finally able to find it! I was wary because I heard the quality went down after the formula change a while back, but this is my favorite rinse out so far! I had to do very little detangling outside of the shower despite the fact that my hair was extremely tangly before I used it.

Xtreme Wetline Gel- I have never EVER seen so much curl-poppage on frizzy towel dried hair. I cannot wait to try this on my next WnG. I'm so happy my old HG gel got discontinued or else I would have never tried this.

overtherainbow

Huge Miss:

The oil in my July CurlBox Natural spilled during shipping. The bottle cover was barely screwed on and though it was in a ziploc bag by itself, the bag was open so everything was a greasy mess. Even the outer shipping box was a soggy hot mess. I posted unboxing pics on CurlBox's fb page and they took them down. No comment, no message, no email, no apology, no offer to replace the oil, nada. They just removed my comment and pics.

When I posted I wasn't upset, I was just disappointed. It wasn't until I saw that they had ghosted my photos, like I didn't even matter, that I got furious. I paid good money for that ish and they couldn't even be bothered to seal neither the bottle nor the bag and then to add insult to injury they just dismissed me with the click of a mouse.:angry2: Not cool CurlBox, not Cool at all!!
I'm sorry this happened to you, I'd be mad too. I keep hearing about shady business dealings from them including their poor packaging. Such a shame.

NappyKinks

@overtherainbow; Thanks. I still can't believe it, who does that? I had heard that customers who complained were dropped from the mailing list and had their subscriptions canceled but I didn't believe it, now I'm inclined to. I also saw an interview where Myleik said (and I'm paraphrasing here), if all of her CurlBox subscribers decided to cancel all at once, there are enough people on the CurlBox waiting list to replace them 10 times over. I had thought that she was just arrogant but apparently she really doesn't care about customer service, satisfaction nor loyalty since we're all just easily replaceable pawns to her. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a CurlBox subscriber.

overtherainbow

@overtherainbow; Thanks. I still can't believe it, who does that? I had heard that customers who complained were dropped from the mailing list and had their subscriptions canceled but I didn't believe it, now I'm inclined to. I also saw an interview where Myleik said (and I'm paraphrasing here), if all of her CurlBox subscribers decided to cancel all at once, there are enough people on the CurlBox waiting list to replace them 10 times over. I had thought that she was just arrogant but apparently she really doesn't care about customer service, satisfaction nor loyalty since we're all just easily replaceable pawns to her. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a CurlBox subscriber.
Yeah I vaguely remember that statement ages ago and I also remember a thread on here where people were getting boxes that had a much lower worth than the price of the box itself. I've heard better things about CurlKit because you get better quality stuff in bigger sizes, but I never took the plunge because I have allergies to certain ingredients.

NappyKinks

@overtherainbow;
The last mailing subscription I had was to National Geographic Zoo books and I was six years old. Since then I've had commitment issues with subscription anything especially with mystery product boxes. I just recently started buying CurlBox Natural because the ingredients aren't all over the place. The products are full size, they tend to be takeover boxes so the products mainly come from a single company and best part was no subscription necessary. I really thought it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Oh well.

On a positive note I can say that I'm lucky to have found companies and products that my hair loves so I don't neeeeeed a CB it's just the pj in me gets curious sometimes.:angeldevil:

julzinha

HIT:
Bee Mine Bee-ti-ful DC
- One of the best DCs I've tried, my hair was so ridiculously soft, I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
Lustrasilk Curl Max Activator - This product has replaced S-Curl in my regimen and my hair is so soft and smells great, I mix it with a little Taliah Waajid Protective Bodifier mist for some extra softness. I use it in the Kimmaytube leave in recipe and and everyone that has touched my hair has asked what I use to make it so soft.
CON Argan Oil Poo- It saddens me that they changed the formula because this is a true winner when it comes to a sulfate-free shampoo, I guess I will have to give KeraCare a try some time.
Black Tea Rinse- I tried this after I took out my braids a month ago, and this tea rinse has decreased my shedding tremendously over the month, which has meant less tangles for me. I plan on doing a rinse every 6 weeks from now on, it is wonderful.

Semi-Miss/Hit
Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Masque-
I bought this on clearance from Target. After I rinsed it out my hair felt okay/good, it wasn't as soft as other DCs have made my hair, but it did feel a bit stronger. I'm still waiting for a Shea Moisture product to wow me, the ones I've tried have either been okay or very disappointing.

mrsroberson86

Hit
Paul Mitchell tea tree lavender mint moisturizing conditioner
Paul Mitchell original the conditioner
Moroccanoil intense hydrating mask :2inlove:

Miss
Paul Mitchell tea tree lavender mint moisturizing shampoo. ..Im gonna try this again but I think it might still be a miss for me.

curlyTisME

Hit:
Not exactly a product but a technique. I have been pin curling at night since I got my blow out. I like the look of my curls and the easy manipulation. Lord knows I couldn't bare having to sleep in rollers or flexi rods.

Coconut oil on my ends when the humidity was trying to steal my shine on Saturday. It was light enough for moisture, but not too heavy to weigh my hair down.