Aussie Moist Shampoo vs Salon Brand Shampoos

vtoodler

Many LHCF members love Aussie Moist products--especially the conditioner.

There are also several members who like the shampoo and consider it to be one of the better drugstore shampoos. In fact, I bought the shampoo because of an LHCF recommendation.

Although it's a decent shampoo, I still wonder how it compares to salon brands, such as KeraCare, Kenra, or Design Essentials? I've yet to use a shampoo from a salon brand, so I can't make the comparison.

Would you say that it could perform nearly as well as those brands? Why or why not? In other words, how do they measure up to each other?

krissyhair

It depends on what salon brand you're trying. Also, what benefits are you looking for? Strengthening shampoo, moisturizing, clarifying, non-stripping, volumizing. It all depends.

Just try it and see if you like it.

HairNinja

It's great but has cones. I am trying to weed out the cones since they mask the true moisture level in the hair by coating the strand forming a barrier. But Aussie Moist is my favorite conditioner. My second is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, then Tresseme Naturals.

vtoodler

It's great but has cones. I am trying to weed out the cones since they mask the true moisture level in the hair by coating the strand forming a barrier. But Aussie Moist is my favorite conditioner. My second is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, then Tresseme Naturals.

HairNinja

So, does the shampoo have cones?

I thought it was just the conditioner that had cones?

vtoodler

Btw, here's an image of the product to which I'm referring:

It comes in a purple bottle, though I think that its adhesive label was recently redesigned.

toaster

vtoodler I'm pretty sure the shampoo has at least one silicone in the ingredients list. If you're not opposed to silicone usage, and your hair likes the shampoo, than I would keep using it.