Aveda Dry Remedy

almond eyes

Hello.

I was just at the Aveda Salon the other day for treatment on the ends of my natural hair.

I was told about the Dry Remedy. Damage Remedy is not being discontinued. Dry Remedy is supposed to be the cure for dry hair and Damage Remedy is supposed to strengthen hair.

I asked about Sap Moss and why was it being discontinued. Apparently, many customers complained about the product especially the smell which gave some customers migraines. I was one of those women who used to use Sap Moss ten years ago but gave it up because of the scent and I did not find the product moisturising.

Best,
Almond Eyes

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I tried my sample and posted a review in the June hits and misses thread.
I really like the masque.

ETA: My review

4.Aveda Dry Remedy Masque (coming 7/08)
Got a sample from the site. I knew it wouldn't be enough for my whole head so I tried some on a small section. I am a slatherer. I decided to try a "normal amount" on the section. On application it immediately softens and is very slippery, moisturizing and detangling.
I sat under the dryer for 20 min. After rinsing, the section was very soft, moisturized and detangled, like I expect from Kenra . I could have used a fine tooth comb on the section . I know the Aveda heads will love this. My only problem with Aveda as a relaxed head was that the conditioners didn't give me enough moisture and the amounts of protein. Not with this! I will definitely purchase this. Also it has a nice citrusy Aveda scent.

I was skeptical because of dimethicone being the third ingredient, but this stuff is gooooood!-it is more than just the cone. My hair felt so moisturized, that I wanted to use a leave in with protein!

Ingredients:water, cyclopentasiloxane, cetearyl alcohol, dimethicone, stearalkonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, buriti fruit oil, pomegranate sterols, orbignya speciosa kernel oil, murumuru seed butter, tocopherol, ethyl macadamiate, vinegar, sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, meadofoam oil, jojoba seed oil, babassuamidopropyltrimonium methosulfate, distearyldimonium chloride, behentrimonium chloride, polyquaternium-10, behenamidopropyl trimonium methosulfate, alcohol denat., fragrance, geraniol, limonenne, citronellol, eugenol, linalool, citral, citric acid , sodium gluconate, potassium sorbate

Oh so it has vinegar in it, eh? I'm sure that aids in the slip factor (since vinegar closes the cuticle and all). I am definitely trying this line.

morehairplease

Hello.

I was just at the Aveda Salon the other day for treatment on the ends of my natural hair.

I was told about the Dry Remedy. Damage Remedy is not being discontinued. Dry Remedy is supposed to be the cure for dry hair and Damage Remedy is supposed to strengthen hair.

I asked about Sap Moss and why was it being discontinued. Apparently, many customers complained about the product especially the smell which gave some customers migraines. I was one of those women who used to use Sap Moss ten years ago but gave it up because of the scent and I did not find the product moisturising.

Best,
Almond Eyes

this makes sense. I had to stop using the pantene breakage defense mask b/c of the fragrance. My head would immediately start throbbing upon applying it.

kweenameena

bump
I bought the condish and the masque last night. In the story it seemed like it would be really moisturizing. I pray that it doesn't disappoint when I use it tonight.

Hair Iam

Aveda Dry Remedy-tried it several times since June(made my purchase in VA) and I plan on using th entire line for several months . No protein :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Cleve_gryl

I've used the Shampoo and the Mask...was not in love with either one. :look:. I'll use it up, then repurchase the DR line.

P

Paradox

Sweet jesus why does it cost so much.
I was a bit interested but never mind :lol:
I have no idea, I saw the ingredients and nothing is so special about it that it needs to be so expensive. :ohwell:

Kay.Dee

The whole kit is $74
6.7 oz conditioner or shampoo- $24
Moisturizing Maque 4.2 oz-$26

Even if it did work, I wouldn't want to use it too often

PaperClip

No Dry Remedy is for moisture and Damage Remedy is protein.

Taking note of this point.... I know I need to up my moisture on my natural hair.... How do you know this, SL? I really like the Damage Remedy treatment which I was told to do once a month. So should I get the Dry Remedy conditioner and treatment? (I have the sample of the treatment that I will eventually use sometime soon....)

Thanks in advance....

sunshinelady

Taking note of this point.... I know I need to up my moisture on my natural hair.... How do you know this, SL? I really like the Damage Remedy treatment which I was told to do once a month. So should I get the Dry Remedy conditioner and treatment? (I have the sample of the treatment that I will eventually use sometime soon....)

Thanks in advance....

The woman at the store told me.

sunshinelady

The AVEDA store, yes?? :look::lachen:

(I'm being silly... I know you got good sense....)

Thanks a bunch....

LOL Yes dammit, FoxyScholar. :lachen:

ETA: I've used the Damage Remedy treatment and I thought it was very mild. But, I did see a difference in breakage.

Last edited:

PaperClip

LOL Yes dammit, FoxyScholar. :lachen:

ETA: I've used the Damage Remedy treatment and I thought it was very mild. But, I did see a difference in breakage.

Yikes! LOL!

When you say a difference breakage, you mean a reduction in breakage, yes? I feel like my hair is strengthened when I used the Damage Remedy....

Michelle79

I just called the Aveda store & they told me that the Dry Remedy line came in full sizes only & that they do not have sample sizes. I want to try this line so bad. :(

nycutiepie

I just called the Aveda store & they told me that the Dry Remedy line came in full sizes only & that they do not have sample sizes. I want to try this line so bad. :(

I'm in the Aveda Points program and I got a card in the mail around 2 weeks ago for a free sample. I went in and got the sample but I haven't used it yet so to answer your question......yes, they do have samples. Well, at least in NY they do.

Michelle79

I'm in the Aveda Points program and I got a card in the mail around 2 weeks ago for a free sample. I went in and got the sample but I haven't used it yet so to answer your question......yes, they do have samples. Well, at least in NY they do.

Ain't that about a hoot....I'm going to the store myself just in case. I need to pick up some Damage Remedy treatment anyway. Thanks.

jamaicalovely

I thought I responded to this....

But...uh...I love this stuff. I used the shampoo and masque last night. My ng feels so soft and silky