Aveda hair care products

kinikini

Hi everyone --

I've been reading this board for sometime now and just signed up tonite. I've had some luck with Aveda products, specifically their Sap Moss Shampoo and Elixir leave-in conditioner, both of which I like so far. Does anyone really like their products? and have suggestions on what else I could try from their line... I have a relaxer in my hair - I see promising growth but am battling split ends.... Thanks!

Honey01

I (as well as my salon)use Aveda products. The one thing that I have used consistenly for years is the Brilliant Anti-Humectant pomade. I love this stuff. If I recall some people on the board think the perfumey smell is overpowering. I also use their Brilliant Emollient Finishing gloss.

AngieK

<font color="brown">I use several Aveda products with great results. For your problem wit dry/split ends, you could try the following:

Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer - Deeply moisturizes and strengthens your hair (it has a good dose of Aloe)

Curessence - strength and moisture (their strongest protein conditioner)

Brilliant - this group of products contains chamomile extract and aloe for softeness. It also contains various oils such as jojoba oil, meadowfoam seed, babassu, and shea butter. Silicone is also an ingredient. This conditiner seems to have a cuticle smoothing effect, and it provides great conditioning and shine.

Of the 3 mentioned above, I would first try the Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer. You can use it with or without heat, but I would not follow the suggestion on the tube. Instead of leaving it on for only 5 minutes, leave it on for 30 minutes (with a plastic cap).

Also, consider getting the split ends trimmed away so that you can start with fresh ends.

AngieK </font>

sweetcocoa

I do.
I like the Sapp Moss Shampoo,
The Universal Styling Creme
The Daily Elixer Leave-in
I want to try an oil mixture they have ...but I have been unable to find it....

vevster

I use aveda's shampure on a regular basis

I also like the gloss and antihumectant fromt he brilliant line

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Welcome to the board! I enjoy the Sap Moss Shampoo

kinikini

"Wow"... Thanks for the warm welcome to the board. I will check out the Aveda products that you guys suggested. I do use the Anti-humectant pomade as well to style my short cut. It does an amazing job of glossing and holding all w/o being oily or sticky...