Bangs?

Blu217

Hi ladies:

I'm thinking of cutting some light fringe bangs; I think they look cute every time I see them.

But I also know a lot of people don't like bangs.

For you ladies with bangs: Do you like them?

Do they make your forehead breakout and require you to keep your hair extra clean?

My hair is all one length. I'd like to change things up a bit without costing myself any actual real length...

I personally love bangs. -Love everything about it including swooping. But you will experience more forehead breakouts and at times can be annoying. good luck with whateva u decide. If u do it take pics! wanna see

I love bangs and love the swoop...my bangs grow back rather quickly...you don't have to get alot cut....like you don't have to have the whole entire front cut...you can do the Aaliyah kinda bang cut...that's what I have...:)

I LOVE bangs too, i think they look cute, and take like 5 years off your face. I had them a few years ago, and was thinking about cutting them again once I reach MBL. They didnt cause my forehead to break out, but as you said, i did make an effort to keep my forehead extra clean/oil free, to protect from this.

Once you've decided to grow the bangs out, there is an awkward, in-between stage that i hate. Thats when they've reached too long to wear down in your face (covering ure eyebrows completely and grazing ure eyes) but yet they arent long enough to swoop. That stage lasts for a couple of months and is very annoying. Otherwise, i love them.... they are so cute to me!

Blu217 said:
Hi ladies:

I'm thinking of cutting some light fringe bangs; I think they look cute every time I see them.

But I also know a lot of people don't like bangs.

For you ladies with bangs: Do you like them?

Do they make your forehead breakout and require you to keep your hair extra clean?

My hair is all one length. I'd like to change things up a bit without costing myself any actual real length...

I was contemplating having bangs cut also, but scared that I will be bored with them too easily, but I feel my front needs more balance:perplexed

I used cut them too short and wind up hating them. A few months ago I cut long wispy bangs and loved the way it looked.

Once in a while I get a breakout on the forehead. I have to remember to easy up on the EVOO on the ends.

I just got bangs this weekend, and I like the look. They're really popular now but the bangs have gotten longer so you can sweep them to the side for a different look.

*sigh* I'm sorry, but I really dislike my bangs. :( I've had them for about 15 years or more. Now, I either blend them back off my face, or pull them back in a pony. I used to do the "swoop," but I got tired of it after a while. The front of my hair is bottom-lip length now, and slow-to-grow. But, once that fringe has grown out, I'm never cutting the front of my hair short again. Ever!

That said........bangs are a great idea for some people. Examine the shape of your face before deciding which length and shape are good for you. For example, I have an oval face so I always wore them between eyebrow and tip-of-nose length because the longer layers accentuate my cheekbones and frames my face well. However, my sister who has a rounder face wears her bangs at or above her eyebrows fully across her forehead. Usually, she sweeps it to the side a bit.

I have bangs because I have this huge complex about my forehead! I agree with Kinikakes about the age thing. Sometimes I feel like they make me look too young, and that in-between stage can get awkward, but they are "in" right now. Go for it!

Bumping......

Anybody else cut their own bangs, how do you get that swooping effect?

I'm battling hair anorexia.....so now I'm thinking about swooping bangs. :lol:

I don't like bangs on me and I see very few people that look good with them. I have had bangs but everytime I cut them, I always hate them.

I hated my bangs when I had them, they looked silly growing out and my forehead used to break out all the time.

I like bangs. I think they soften your face. I've had mine for years and I don't get breakouts from them. I mostly wear them swept to the side. But my hair is layered, so it makes sense for me. Right now, I am growing my layers out, so I plan to also grow out my bangs for the next several months. But I'll probably aways keep some sort of bang of varying lengths.

I love my bangs. I actually think they're really versatile. They're long enough that I can sweep them to the side. Sometimes when I want an "older" look, I pin them back in different ways and it's a lot of fun.

My kind of thread. I love the BANG look out right now. Especially the side swoop thing. I do it all the time when my hair is down. Plus I do the FauHawk look when I pull my hair back in a bun or pony. I havent had problems w/ breakin out on my forehead. Just make sure you wash your forehead really good. Anyhoo, I think everyone should have bangs once in their life. I plan on growin mine out but will keep this look for as long as I can. I hope that helps

bablou00 said:
My kind of thread. I love the BANG look out right now. Especially the side swoop thing. I do it all the time when my hair is down. Plus I do the FauHawk look when I pull my hair back in a bun or pony. I havent had problems w/ breakin out on my forehead. Just make sure you wash your forehead really good. Anyhoo, I think everyone should have bangs once in their life. I plan on growin mine out but will keep this look for as long as I can. I hope that helps

Yes! Your look is the one I'm thinking of. Those bangs are nice, they really compliment you! Did you cut these yourself? Love it!

OT: Honeyjammz, your hair is beautiful girl!

Sorry it took me so long to reply. No I took my braids out after 3 years and this is the style my hair ended up being in. She trimmed my ends but that was it. My front always takes longer to grow then the rest of my hair. I just leave it to the side when I unwrap my hair. To make it look fuller after I unwrap it I move it to the other side but thats only when I dont have a lot of NG. I say go for it! They will grow out and change is good ;)

Back