BC ROLL CALL LADIES - Help others w/ pics, facts and testimonial!

BlackDiamond21

Hi ladies,

I know there are threads out there telling people to show off their BC pics however none of those all encompassing threads ask for the details. For instance, when you want to know their hair texture, you might have to click on their profile and who knows how longs its been since someone updated their profile details :ohwell:. Maybe they have learned since signing up, they really aren't that texture but haven't even thought to update the profile specs.

I think it would GREATLY help transitioners and possible BCers understand more about their hair, if we all could share a little more but in ONE place. I find as a transitioner and possible BCer, this is the info I would love to know to help me on my hair journey.

So please fill out the 5 part questionnaire and POST your BC photo w/ date and your CURRENT photo w/ date.

1. My previous hair state was:
a. Natural
b. Texturized
c. Relaxed

2. I big chopped because:
a. I didn't like my hair
b. I got tired of transitioning
c. I wanted a change/fresh start
d. My hair was damaged by heat, chemicals or ignorance
e. I wanted to get to know the REAL me better
f. ...fill in the blank...

3. If transitioning, I made it this far before BCing:

a. 1-6 months
b. 6-12 months
c. 12-24 months
d. 24+ months

4. Now that I have BC'd, my hair texture is (75% or more of my hair is this texture):
a. 3a
b. 3b
c. 3c
d. 4a
e. 4b
f. 4c/z
g. L
h. O
i. I
j. S

4. This is my #1 can't live without CURLY hair product:

5. Now that I have BC'd I have learned the following about my natural hair....

That covers it for me! I can't wait to see your postings!!!

:yep: Thanks in advance ladies for making this thread a HELPFUL success!!! :yep:

Last edited:

Diva_Esq

I'll bite:

My BC Pic: April 5, 2010 :yay:

My current pics (circa August 2010):

coilout fro

a puff in July

stretched/ flat ironed lightly for a July 5th length check

a. Natural
b. Texturized
c. Relaxed

a. I didn't like my hair
b. I got tired of transitioningI wanted to see my curlies & got tired of 2 textures.
f. ...fill in the blank...

a. 1-6 months
b. 6-12 months 11 months, 3 days to be exact
c. 12-24 months
d. 24+ months

4. Now that I have BC'd, my hair texture is (75% or more of my hair is this texture):
a. 3a
b. 3b
c. 3c

d. 4a
e. 4b
f. 4c/z
g. L
h. O
i. I
j. S

4. This is my #1 can't live without CURLY hair product: CONDITIONER! I am a condish junkie!! I could name a few other products too, but Condish is my staple and I cowash daily.

I am in LOVE with everything about it! And I wish I would've done it earlier, but I am certain that the time was just right for me. I've learned that my hair LOVES conditioner...the thicker and richer the better, that I am strong enough to do what I want to do without regard to what others think, and that my hair now matches my thoughts, personality (if that makes sense).

MA2010

Great thread OP!

1. My previous hair state was: Relaxed

2. I BC's because: I was tired of different textures.

3. If transitioning, I made it this far before BCing: 12-24 months

4. Now that I have BC'd, my hair texture is (75% or more of my hair is this texture): 4b

4. This is my #1 can't live without CURLY hair product: Just started my search...........

5. Now that I have BC'd I have learned the following about my natural hair.... Ny natural hair is bold and BIG! I really love it. Styling has been so much fun but I need to learn to keep my hands out of my hair already!

Last edited:

EllePixie

a. Natural
b. Texturized
c. Relaxed

a. I didn't like my hair
b. I got tired of transitioning
f. Had to even up my mohawk, didn't want to deal with 2 textures then the hair cut

a. 1-6 months
b. 6-12 months
c. 12-24 months
d. 24+ months
e. Went 3 months, then cut my hair into a mohawk, cut off all relaxed hair 4 mo later

a. 3a
b. 3b
c. 3c
d. 4a
e. 4b
f. 4c/z
g. L
h. O
i. I
j. S
- Can I just say, I think that the potential BC'ers should be more focused on the actual texture (fine, med, coarse) and porosity of hair rather than curl type. I think that's an important point. My hair is mainly medium, some fine, some coarse, with low porosity.

4. This is my #1 can't live without CURLY hair product: Conditioner! Dry hair is frizzy hair. :(

My hair is crazy resilient and hates protein. Also, it gets super temperamental with glycerin at times.

**Pics are in my Pikistrip in the siggie!!**

ConstantlyDynamic

Relaxed

(1) I was obsessed with Erykah Badu at the time and loved her fro's (2) I saw soo many gorgeous natural ladies and I was in awe (3)relaxed just looked boring to me. i was rarely amazed by relaxed hair anymore and i was just bored with mine (all hair is beautiful-just saying that it didn't grab my attention- unless it was really long with swang) (4) I was curious about my hair and lastly (5)i was on campus and had no clue how to do my hair (and my NG was insane- i was annoyed, i stopped combing my hair for a month smh) so synthetic braids was a perfect option plus it's a transitioning style. if i wasn't on campus, i don't know whether i would've gone natural

BC pic

That was sometime in January but I put in braids after that. I might've rocked my hair for like a month. oh and i had put small rollers in-that's why the ends look curly

these are fairly recent (i think in july):

i think i had just cowashed it-major shrinkage!

lightly blow dried to make it look bigger. looks like a microphone is attached to my head haha

my hair late august-combed out into a puff-stopped using heat and my hair just started feeling healthy last month:) i'm a little below SL now

idk when i chopped off my last permed ends but i did have braids in for 1.5-2 years with a few months of wearing my own hair

most of my hair is 4a/b. 4b in the front i think and 4a in the middle.

4. This is my #1 can't live without CURLY hair product:

honestly, i loved the juice. my hair is feeling a bit dry now that I don't have my care free curl gold. i'm trying out new things

honestly- i love it but sometimes am frustrated. i hate having to deal with different textures and sometimes feel guilty when i just rip the comb through my hair b/c i'm sick of dealing with the tangles. i hate the fact that i trim my twists all the time (i need to stop! i've already had several "trims" from stylists ugh) and i hate the high-maintenance. not used to it. at the end of the day, i have a goal-i want big hair! i just love the look and i'm not bored with my hair anymore (even though i do the same thing everyday lol) and i'm so amazed by all the beautiful naturals out there. i also feel more confident than i used to because my hair completely goes against the norm. all of these things totally outweigh any cons.

Attachments

• n1368330012_30014300_7292.jpg
    n1368330012_30014300_7292.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC00476.jpg
    DSC00476.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 6
  • phpfuhZioPM.jpg
    phpfuhZioPM.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 9
  • phpkQA0ZGAM.jpg
    phpkQA0ZGAM.jpg