Be GRATEFUL!!! ***The Hair Gratitude Thread*** (Get in here!)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Most of you know that I'm coming off of a really tough period in my life. I stayed by my mother's side, literally, for months until she passed. Since I've been back, I've been dragging and complaining more than I like. I'm deep in a stretch and fighting with detangling. I haven't been able to get to my fitness workout. Oh, whoa is me.

But TODAY... I'm shaking off all stinkin thinkin and getting back to an attitude of gratitude! Last year my hair grew like weeds and I was expectant and thankful for everything I got. Thankful for having perfect ends. Thankful for every inch. Thankful for no setbacks. Just THANKFUL for the entire journey.

Well, I'm still thankful. And so I smh when I hear people complaining about their hair not growing quickly enough, not thick enough and wanting to shoot other ladies down on the sly by slighting their progress, expectations and beliefs.

I'm wondering, Sistas. (Cue the music) Can we have a negativity-free zone? A thread where we can come and drop off praise for our lucious locks -- long, short, relaxed, natural and anything in between? A place where we can express gratitude for any improvements that our hair has made? A place where we can regularly express our commitment to the journey to healthy hair?

C'mon! Can I get a hallelujah!! (oh wait. I got carried away. :blush:)

Please post something positive about your hair, your journey or just your life in general. I promise that if you get in the habit of doing this, of changing the way you see and think about your hair, your efforts will be richly rewarded in a deeper love of the crown that has been placed on your head.

C'mon! Can I get a witness??! You over there! You have something to share. Post it sista!! Come on! Testify!!

I'll gladly start.

I'm SO thankful for the health of my hair. It's so much longer and thicker than it has ever been. I know my healthy hair practices are paying off and I'm SOOOO thankful! :woohoo:

And remember, ladies. NO NEGATIVITY towards yourself or anything said in this thread. If it ain't nice. Don't say it. Supportive comments and praise are greatly encouraged.

Let's show some love for our locks and our wonderful HHJ!

JJamiah

I am thankful for life first off, healthy children, family and just everyday people in life that are positive, joyful or just a good heart.

I am thankful for getting to know the wonderful people on this board.

As for my hair.

I AM thankful I have Henna in my life. I can now color without the burn.

I am thankful for scissors they keep my ends trim, sharp and straight.

I am thankful for the ability to help others.

ms.blue

Njoy, this is such a wonderful thread. I'm grateful:
-that I lasted this long as being natural (3 yrs in June)
-I love my natural hair color
-my hair is healthy and growing
-that I didn't use any setbacks as a way of giving up my goal (just learned from it instead)
-that I found this site w/ all the helpful tips and encouragement.

IMFOCSD

Cool thread!

I am grateful for life, health, my three beautiful children and even though my hair is not super long i am grateful for being able to achieve the length that i have which is a first and njoy....you are trully a inspiration.

Jjamiah, your hair is beautiful as well!

Butrsoft

I am SO happy and grateful that I found this site. I was able to recover from a terrible setback due to a stylist putting a two-step protein treatment on my hair and "forgetting to do the second step" :nono:. I had no idea what she put into my hair until she told me :blush:. Anyway, I came to the board and did a search on what to do and my hair has been responding very well to the tips that you ladies posted in various threads about moisture, moisture, and more moisture :yep:. So I say loud and proud, I am still a work in progress but so grateful for what I have now. :thankyou:

AlliCat

I'm grateful that my hair has come a very long way from where I started, both length and health wise. Even though my growth has stagnated at certain times, I'm thankful for having no setbacks.

Fyne

I'm thankful for life, my wonderful family, my job, my roof :lol: + Most High for leading me to this forum when I needed it!

I've been lurking for months and finally joined.

Had to cut from SL hair :nono: to 2 inches in the front and completely shaved in the back due to breakage that was Jan 2010...Found this forum and started a simple regimen.

My hair now:
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd497/naja35/HPIM1970-1.jpg

I'm almost back to SL in just over a year!

And I especially thank all you lovely ladies for inspiration and tips:yep:

:bighug:

phychugirl

I am so grateful that I was awarded the information gleaned from this website. Although my progress has been somewhat slow, I am very proud and happy that I basically have the hair I've always dreamed of having. I'm thankful to be free of the shackles of relaxer maintenance, and I'm extremely excited to see my hair grow in the future.

Vashti

I'm grateful for this haircare forum. I would still be walking around clueless without it. Seeing my progress from what I've learned here, I realize that I've accomplished in one year what I couldn't accomplish in the previous 16 years.

growinglong777

I am grateful that God said He would never leave me nor forsake me, and HE meant it.
I am also grateful that my hair is longer, healthier and thicker than it ever was thanks to all the great knowlege on this board.

beans4reezy

I am so thankful for my two cutie patootie little boys of mine. My four year old gets such a kick out of saying, "Mommy, I lika ya hair.." He likes the reaction he gets from me, so he says that everytime my hair is dolled up.

I am grateful for this wonderful site. Without it, I would have never realized my hair's potentional which is the sky's limit.

Hersheygurl

Great thread Njoy and i'm thankful for you sharing your journey with all of us. May God bless and keep your family.:bighug:

As for my hair-
I'm thankful my hair is resilient even though it's fine.
I'm proud of my hair for handling my transition so far as I plan to go long-term
I'm thankful for my length. Every single inch.
I'm thankful for my hair's shine. I love Henna!
I'm thankful my hair journey is an encouragement to my sisters who are also growing theirs.

Thanks to all my LHCF sisters.:circle:

LushLox

I'm grateful that I have wonderful children, a supportive mother and brother a great job and I'm enjoying life.

As for my hair, I finally have hair that I'm proud of - I love it!

Ijanei

Love the theme of this thread. Positive vibes. *breathe*
-I am thankful that I have a beautiful head of hair no matter what length it is.
-I am thankful that I can pull just about any style off with this hair of mine.
-I am thankful for bouncing back after numerous set-backs
-I am thankful that I have made 11months of transitioning (May 27 will be one year post-yaaay me)

Chrismiss

I love the concept of this thread. I am grateful for the phsyical and mental health of
myself, my family and my friends. With regard to my hair, I am thankful that my hair has always been healthy(thanks to a mother who was a hair stylist and used healthy practices with everyone). I am thankful that there is an abundance of information on this site...its amazing!

Tif392002

im grateful for my life, my job, my son, and my talents...

i also feel grateful i found this site. ... i learned how to take care of my crown -(hair )

im grateful that i realized the damage i was doing to my head, im gratful to have hair on my head/

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ah yes!!! It FEELS great in here! :drunk:

Your posts are wonderful!!!

Now, I challenge you to dig DEEPER. Go beyond your first response and discover something NEW!

Make your mind SEARCH for more. Streeeeeeeeetch!

Come back daily and post something NEW! That will cause you to start looking thru GRATEFUL and POSITIVE eyes!!

Dig...DEEPER!!! :blowkiss:

MariposaSexyGirl

I am thankful for the strength of my hair.

I am thankful to never have experienced someone saying bad things about my hair.

I am thankful for the length it's grown even when I get scissor happy it grows and grows.

I have learned to be thankful for the color of my hair. It is dye free and will stay that way.

I'm thankful to have hair.Period.

TraciChanel

I am grateful for my family, my health (physical and mental) and my home. I'm grateful for the positivity of this thread.

itismehmmkay

I love it!

And I'm thankful for:

• How soft my hair is
  • How simple my regimen is
  • How my edges are filling in
  • How my hair goes all the way back into a ponytail :)
  • How I have a protective style going on
  • How I'm well on my hair to a real bun in the back!

beautyaddict1913

I am grateful:

-that my hair is thick yet manageable and likes MANY products
-for youtube and the people that share their haircare experiences
-for finding this site and learning about hair products and practices
-for the mixtresses that make and sell natural hair products
-for finally MASTERING my hair styling technique and styler products
-for being close to having a FINAL list of my product staples lol
-that the ladies on this site gave me the courage to do my own big chop
-that this site has taught me to be totally self-sufficient in caring for my hair (you couldn't have paid me to cut my own hair prior to joining LHCF - a lot of people in our community view hair trimming as rocket science and thinks "it should be left to the professionals" - thats a myth!)

EllePixie

Man, this thread is great. I really don't give my hair enough credit.

I am thankful that my hair is growing. I cannot believe I had a twa last year at this time!
I am thankful for my thickness. Plush, lush, and soft!
I am thankful for WASHING IN SECTIONS!! Lol! It saved my life.

twatombl

I am grateful for discovering this hair board! For a newbie, this board has been my guide and provided the reassurance, information and support I needed to transition and continue to pop in throughout the day for continued encouragement and information.

I am thankful I made the decision to go natural despite it not being a popular choice amongst family.

I am thankful I have found a new sense of patience after going natural, after many days of frustration while learning to care for my hair, I learned a stronger sense of patience than I knew I had.

Lita

I'm thankful..God blessed me by waking me up today..FIRST

*I"M SO THANKFUL,GRATEFUL & JOYOUS..COME SEPTEMBER 6,2011. I WILL BE RADIATION FREE FOR 10 YEARS & COUNTING...MY HAIR JOURNEY HAS COME A LONG,LONG,LONG WAY.....

Thank all of your for encouraging words & hair support & thank all my hair challenge buddies/for sharing & exchanging ideas & tips...At the end of the day its about growing in health and hair etc...

From my relaxer set back to my NATURAL come back..This has been truly a learning experience..That is why I love to share..At one time some-one helped me.....

KEEP THE SHARING GOING....

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited: