Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 13 to 15 weeks

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 16 or more weeks

Votes: 13 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leigh.hill

Just curious, how often did you relax before LHCF??? Before my current stylist, I relaxed every 4 - 6 weeks. I thought 6 weeks was a real struggle. I would see so much breakage!

When I was in college with really short hair above my ears shaved in the back, I would put a Bantu relaxer on the back of my hair every TWO weeks and sometimes I would apply a little to my sides too!!!! :nono:

FYI - I am currently 12 weeks post relaxer and counting...Thanks LHCF!!!!

To be honest I can't even remember :perplexed:. Since I was in braids a lot, my relaxer touch ups must have only been twice or three times a year, honestly. So I guess I was stretching without even realising it, and my hair was pretty thick most of the time so it could have thrived from that had I known about proper de-tangling, deep conditioning, moisturising, and a million other things I now know about.

Imani

Jr/High school- every 6 weeks, like clockwork, it would sit for about 30 minutes.:nono: and i used to have ALOT of hair coming out and also be scraping off scabs from scalp burns every time. my head would be on fire. I thought this was normal:nono:

undergrad-6 to 8 weeks (no more scalp burns tho, new city, new stylist)

grad school/post LHCF-8 to 10 weeks, sometimes 11 or 12.

Now- transitioning 6 1/2 months post

~NanCeBoTwin~

every 8-10 weeks...never passing shoulder length after my first major hair cut at the age of 12......Now I relax twice a year.

NikkiGirl

I would relax whenever I felt like it. So it wasn't a standard routine. Sometimes, I would go four months, sometimes six or seven. Just when I wanted to. I didn't even know it was call stretching. But I have never been one to relax religiously on a schedule, like every six weeks or anything.

leigh.hill

Jr/High school- every 6 weeks, like clockwork, it would sit for about 30 minutes.:nono: and i used to have ALOT of hair coming out and also be scraping off scabs from scalp burns every time. my head would be on fire. I thought this was normal:nono:

undergrad-6 to 8 weeks (no more scalp burns tho, new city, new stylist)

grad school/post LHCF-8 to 10 weeks, sometimes 11 or 12.

Now- transitioning 6 1/2 months post

Oh I remember those days of self-relaxers when I was in college and I would let it sit on my hair like conditioner! I always wondered why my hair did not grow past my ears.

InNeedofHairapy

every 3-6 months, sometimes yearly...only b/c I hated getting my hair relaxed..the wait, the smells, the lengthy procedure...and the fact that no one, professional or amateur, other than my mother, was ever able to correctly apply a relaxer to my hair

sunnieb

Every 4 weeks like clockwork. :nono:

I thought it would keep my hair in good condition since it was always breaking off. :rolleyes:

Now I get a relaxer 4 times a year (every 12 weeks or so). May try to get this down to 3 times a year.

Last edited:

leigh.hill

every 3-6 months, sometimes yearly...only b/c I hated getting my hair relaxed..the wait, the smells, the lengthy procedure...and the fact that no one, professional or amateur, other than my mother, was ever able to correctly apply a relaxer to my hair

Oh the wait....:wallbash:and going every month to wait!

Jewell

When I taught myself to TU my own hair, I'd be doing it every 5 wks sometimes! :nono: Most often it was every 8-10 wks though. Sometimes I'd end up stretching longer, though I didn't know it was termed, "stretching." It was mostly b/c I didn't feel like doing it or no one wanted to help me with all that hair!

Kellum

Every 6 to 8 weeks like clock work. Looking back boy was I stupid, but my hair wasn't in bad shape. It was healty, just stayed the same length because of a scissor happy stylist.

Barbie83

Every 6-8 weeks, sometimes sooner if I had something special planned :rolleyes:
I'm up to 12-16 weeks now :yep:

tatiana

I did not count by weeks but by months.

Pre-LHCF: I would relax every 3 to 4 months. There was a couple of times I went 5 to 6 months.

I am natural now so it does not matter.

ms.blue

In 2007 when I had relaxed hair, I would relax every 2 months when I barely had any new growth but when I was in college I would relax maybe 2-3x a year.

Tee

I voted 7-9. That seems crazy to me now. Esp since I relax 3 or 4 times MAX a year now.

trendsetta25

before LHCF i would relax every 6-8 weeks on the clock....last year i relaxed 3 times (March, June and Oct)...I'm currently stretching for 7 months..not because I'm transitioning but because i was advised not to relax while on Accutane. I was planning on relaxing in April but i have a wedding to go to in May and i think that would be a perfect time to reveal my APL hair :crossfingers: