Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 13 to 15 weeks

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • 16 or more weeks

Votes: 13 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misseyl

Every 6 to 8 weeks.. Wash and set every week and didn't have nothing to show for it. Now I relax every 16 weeks.

audacity.

when i felt like it...scratch that when i could afford it!

usually twice a year....4 tops - but going a year or more was/is not anything new to me.

my stylists hated it, but i did it more for money reasons and less for the "health" of my hair :lol:

plus i never really felt i NEEDED a relaxer...just kept getting them because that's all i knew...and knowing is half the battle ;)

ceebee3

Usually once a year, sometimes twice. I didn't start relaxing regularly (12 weeks) until I got to this site.

JJamiah

I use to relax every 6-8 months (not weeks) LOL, sometimes 9 months.

Now I relax it exactly every 4 months.

leigh.hill

Thanks for the responses. I really think I relaxed so much because I did not know what to do with my hair. Like LongHairDon'tCare said...knowing is half the battlle!

HairSupremacy

I relaxed every 4 to 6 weeks. 2 weeks is a bit extreme, but I have done a touch up at only 2 weeks post, in high school. My hair was falling out so much, I had to cut that out.

Hair2Here

Just curious, how often did you relax before LHCF??? Before my current stylist, I relaxed every 4 - 6 weeks. I thought 6 weeks was a real struggle. I would see so much breakage!

When I was in college with really short hair above my ears shaved in the back, I would put a Bantu relaxer on the back of my hair every TWO weeks and sometimes I would apply a little to my sides too!!!! :nono:

FYI - I am currently 12 weeks post relaxer and counting...Thanks LHCF!!!!

I used to relaxed every 8 weeks. Now I'm 10 years post relaxer!:lachen:

gradygirl

Exactly every 4 weeks bone straight. My stylist back then said my hair was very course and needed to be relaxed that regularly.

Now I am newly texlaxed and this is my first stretch. I am 5 weeks post and I have no idea how long I will be able to stretch for this time but I hope I can make it to 12 weeks at a minimum.

chrstndiva

I used to relax every 5-6 weeks. I would panic if I got to week 6 and couldn't get an appointment. Now I relax every 12 weeks.

LushLox

How did you know this? Were you a member of another hair board? I had NEVER even heard the term stretching before I joined the hair forums.

I never knew of the term "stretching" per se but my mum warned me not to relax too close together and I listened to that advice for a few years, and my hair was thick and lush because of it. However I then started partying more and going out and the thick regrowth was spoiling my flow so I bowed down to the pressure and started relaxing my hair earlier - boy did I regret it because everything went downhill after that! :rolleyes: