Being Still and Know that I am YHWH

luthiengirlie

These several trials i've gone thorugh,
with changing of my major at school,
My relationship and being fearful
I really had to be still and Hear some things from Him.

I was letting fear paralyze me into inaction
I admit this is often a habit of mine.

but I kept being told Be Still and Know that I am YHWH.

that meant to me,
calm down and trust me with your major/future
calm down.. this man you are with is for you. Your fear will ruin the relationship

Fear is the enemy of peace
Fear states that I don't trust you YHWH
Fear is stating taht the ADVERSARY has TOTAL PERMISSION TO WREAK HAVOC WHERE HE DESIRES.
FEAR is false evidence appearing real.

so as His Word says Be Still and know that I am YHWH.

I read this thing from hebrews4christians.com that explain this quite succiently: Being Still is giving ourselves the permission to be weak and trusting YHWH ultimalty be cause He is El ELyon, the Lord most High

AS THE CLIMAX of Psalm 46, this verse is not so much about meditation as it is about the mediation of God’s kingdom in the heart of faith. The command to “be still” comes from the Hiphil stem of the verb (
file:///C:/Users/CP/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/02/clip_image001.gif
) rapha (meaning to be weak, to let go, to release), which might better be translated as, “cause yourselves to let go” or “let yourselves become weak” (in poetic contexts, the noun form rephai’im was sometimes used as a synonym for “the place of the dead”).

But to what end are we to “be still,” “let go,” “surrender,” and even to “die to ourselves”? In Hebrew grammar, the emphasis of coordinate imperatives (“be still!” and “know!”) is on the second imperative. In other words, we surrender in order to know that God is in control as Ribbono Shel Olam – the Master of the Universe. We “let go” in order to objectively know the saving power of God in our lives. We give up trusting in ourselves and our own designs in order to experience the glory of God’s all-sufficiency (Ex 14:14).

When we confess the truth about who we really are – weak, feeble, and ineffectual, especially in light of the cosmic movements of history – we can surrender our desire to control outcomes and entrust the care of the world to God. Indeed, even though the present world be shaken (v 2), with the nations raging and the kingdoms of men tottering (v 6), we will not fear, since we know that God is our present help in time of trouble (v 1).
file:///C:/Users/CP/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/02/clip_image002.jpg
The city of God will one day be established upon the earth
(vv 4-5), and the schemes of the “princes of this world” will all become desolate (vv 8-9), but in the coming kingdom the Lord Most High (el elyon) will be exalted among the nations, and Jesus will forever be exalted among His original covenant people Israel.

Meanwhile, “set your minds on things that are above, not on things on the earth; for you are dead, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you will also appear with Him in glory” (Col 3:2-4).

Yes, “be still” – in order to know that the Lord God of Israel reigns!

Nonie

"Be Still and Know that I am God" is one of my favorites. Thanks OP for confirming I understood it as it was meant to be understood. :kiss: