Besides the BIBLE, Name some of your favorite christian Books

PrincessDiva

We all know the BIBLE is the greatest book ever written & it is always the first book we should pick up whenver we need advice or guidance etc.., but what are some of your most helpful Christian books that you have read..?Since I didn't get much response about a Christian Book Club here at LHCF, I decided I would just alternate between my secular bestsellers & Christian books. Can you name a few of your favorite CHRISTIAN Books!?

I have a library full but some of the GREATS I already have areYour Best Life Now By Joel Osteen & The Purpose Drive Life By Warren

PrincessDiva

Divine Inspiration said:
The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale

This book has changed my life.

Great choice. I agree . It changed my life as well!
Thanks for reminding me about it. Its time for me to read it again!

tmichelle

Non-fiction:
Repentance, the First Word of the Gospel
Creation Compromises

Fiction
The whole Narnia series
A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

alexstin

Rediscovering the Kingdom-Myles Munroe. Next to the bible, this has been the most influential book in my 13 years of walking with God.

Kingdom Principles-Myles Munroe. I thought it couldn't get any better after Rediscovering the Kingdom but this one breaks it down even more :)

Last edited:

PrincessDiva

alexstin said:
Rediscovering the Kingdom-Myles Munroe. Next to the bible, this has been the most influential book in my 13 years of walking with God.

Kingdom Principles-Myles Munroe. I thought it couldn't get any better after Rediscovering the Kingdom but this one breaks it down even more :)

More Myles Monroe...This is definitely something I need to look into! ..Thanks

PrincessDiva

tmichelle said:
Non-fiction:
Repentance, the First Word of the Gospel
Creation Compromises

Fiction
The whole Narnia series
A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers

Do u know the author of these books?? I' ll have to check them out..Thanks!

One of the most informative books that I think I have read about Christian relationships is called "Every Woman's Battle". A book came out for the men called "Every Man's Battle" that I haven't read yet, but I am gonna send it to my fiance' in Iraq:sad: (Yeah, it's tough, but God is working that out. It's the price we pay for serving our country). This book is based on that book and is a version for the women (obviously). Anywho, I believe that this book is a must-read for anyone already married, planning on getting married or in a relationship. It shed some light on some issues that I didn't realize were issues. Definitely for those that think they know it all. ;):angel: Be blessed!

gn1g

Loved "Jesus the CEO"
And Jesus in Blue Jeans.

Excellent Books. I never ever read books twice but I could read Jesus the CEO every year.

dlewis

The power of a praying wife
The power of a praying mom
The power of a positive mom
Beloved Leah (My aboslute favorite) I've read this book 4 times
One night with the king
Sacared Sex

That all I can think of now

gn1g

dlewis said:
The power of a praying wife
The power of a praying mom
The power of a positive mom
Beloved Leah (My aboslute favorite) I've read this book 4 times
One night with the king
Sacared Sex

That all I can think of now
I'll have to check it out, what is the story line.

Nice & Wavy

This is a good one that I have read twice:

and

This one is good too:

and the sequel

alexstin

thegirltolove said:
One of the most informative books that I think I have read about Christian relationships is called "Every Woman's Battle". A book came out for the men called "Every Man's Battle" that I haven't read yet, but I am gonna send it to my fiance' in Iraq:sad: (Yeah, it's tough, but God is working that out. It's the price we pay for serving our country). This book is based on that book and is a version for the women (obviously). Anywho, I believe that this book is a must-read for anyone already married, planning on getting married or in a relationship. It shed some light on some issues that I didn't realize were issues. Definitely for those that think they know it all. ;):angel: Be blessed!

Every Woman's Battle is a good book!:)

Zeal

PrincessDiva said:
We all know the BIBLE is the greatest book ever written & it is always the first book we should pick up whenver we need advice or guidance etc.., but what are some of your most helpful Christian books that you have read..?Since I didn't get much response about a Christian Book Club here at LHCF, I decided I would just alternate between my secular bestsellers & Christian books. Can you name a few of your favorite CHRISTIAN Books!?

I have a library full but some of the GREATS I already have areYour Best Life Now By Joel Osteen & The Purpose Drive Life By Warren

When did you post about a Christian book club. I once poseted to read The Purpose Driven ife but that Kind of feel thru.

My favorite books are A new Dating Attitude. Sassy, Single, and Satisfied.

gn1g

Dlewis her site and descriptions look interesting, I love abigal she is one of my favorite biblical characters, I'll have to read some of her work.

dlewis

I would like to order other books, but she wouldn't answer my emails. I haven't tried in a while.

comike

The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life
When the Enemy Strikes
Our Unmet Needs

....all by Charles Stanley

Nice & Wavy

comike said:
The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life
When the Enemy Strikes
Our Unmet Needs

....all by Charles Stanley

Charles Stanley has been given a powerful gift of sharing the Word of God to help people understand...I thank God for Charles Stanley.

tmichelle

PrincessDiva said:
Do u know the author of these books?? I' ll have to check them out..Thanks!

Repentance, the First Word of the Gospel - Richard Owen Roberts

Creation Compromises - Bert Thompson, PH.D.

If you get a chance to read either of these books, pm me.