Best Twist Creme/gel/lotion?

What creme, gel, and/or lotion has produced your best twist out or braid out?

1. What is your hair's porosity?
2. Are your strands fine or course?
3. Is your head of hair dense or thin?
4. What are the curl patterns of your hair?
5. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, or natural?

Thanks in advance!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting Butter then Curls Goddes Botanical gelle. On damp (not soaking wet) hair.

1. Not sure. Whatever the "bad" dry one is lol
2. Fine from the start of my ears and back. Course in the front
3. 4b/c
4. Natural + I blowdry 2xs a month.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
4c Fine hi-po low density cotton meaning no real curl pattern.

In all honesty I find my best twist outs are with setting lotions. It smooth the cuticle down better than most butters. They also resist reversion.

99% of the time I use a butter or grease. Grease (just a fingerful) works best second to setting lotion. When im sticking to natural products, I get fair results from:

Qhemet biologics heavy cream
Or
Shescentit seyani butter
With
Kinky curly curling custard

Set on almost dry hair.

AgeinATL

Obia Curl Enhancing Custard, Camille Rose Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (although the new version isn't as good as the old), Bee Mine Curly Butter, Bekura Palm Tapioca.

1. What is your hair's porosity? Low
2. Are your strands fine or course? Course
3. Is your head of hair dense or thin? Dense
4. What are the curl patterns of your hair? Mostly 4a with 4b patches here and there
5. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, or natural? Natural

PJaye

I always receive stellar results when using the Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding. It has a light, creamy, wet, custard-like consistency that offers an insane amount of slip and moisture, along with ridiculous definition, shine and softness. Let me be clear, I'm talking a stupid amount of long-term moisture and definition with ultra, ultra shine and softness. IMO, given the amount of moisture it provides, one can easily ditch the leave-in conditioner and use this as their sole finishing product. I've used this on wet, damp and dry hair multiple times without using any other product with it and it always gives me outstanding results. This is the best styler I've ever encountered and it blew all the other top performing stylers in my arsenal out of the water, which includes CRN Almond Jai Twisting Butter (this offers decent slip, shine, definition and elongation), CRN Aloe Butter Gel (gives decent slip and definition with excellent shine), Curluxe Buttercream Souffle (nice shine), Curluxe Twist & Define Cream (nice slip and shine), MHC Type 4 and Buttery Soy HCs (gives very good hold, shine and moisture).

As far as stats, my hair is natural, fine, low density with normal porosity.

sunnydaze

1. What is your hair's porosity? Medium
2. Are your strands fine or course? Fine
4. What are the curl patterns of your hair? 3b nape/edges/3c througout/4a crown

Wet hair twist outs are no no for me as my fine hair curls way too tight when they are done, I only opt for:

-Damp hair - TGIF Twist and Curl Crème or ORS Curl Pudding.
-Dry, stretched hair/dry wash n go hair - I also like setting lotions. I had an old jar of Wrap and Tap setting lotion, used it on dry stretched hair and liked the hold and how it seemed to smooth my cuticle.

Also, I've noticed I like my twist-out results a lot better when I twist up and let them dry/set while I am asleep vs under a dryer. They seem to hang a bit better and are a lot softer.

Curlykutie

1. What is your hair's porosity? High
4. What are the curl patterns of your hair? 3c

I make my own curly pudding and I think it's the best. 4ozs of shea, 16ozs of Eco Styler Gel, 3Tablespoons of Coconut oil.

Guinan

Re-Branding
For my best twistout I swear by botanical curls gelle. That stuff is amazing! !

1. What is your hair's porosity? Lo-med porosity
4. What are the curl patterns of your hair? 4Ab

I always receive stellar results when using the Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding. It has a light, creamy, wet, custard-like consistency that offers an insane amount of slip and moisture, along with ridiculous definition, shine and softness. Let me be clear, I'm talking a stupid amount of long-term moisture and definition with ultra, ultra shine and softness. IMO, given the amount of moisture it provides, one can easily ditch the leave-in conditioner and use this as their sole finishing product. I've used this on wet, damp and dry hair multiple times without using any other product with it and it always gives me outstanding results. This is the best styler I've ever encountered and it blew all the other top performing stylers in my arsenal out of the water, which includes CRN Almond Jai Twisting Butter (this offers decent slip, shine, definition and elongation), CRN Aloe Butter Gel (gives decent slip and definition with excellent shine), Curluxe Buttercream Souffle (nice shine), Curluxe Twist & Define Cream (nice slip and shine), MHC Type 4 and Buttery Soy HCs (gives very good hold, shine and moisture).

As far as stats, my hair is natural, fine, low density with normal porosity.

Wow, thanks, everyone. I'm excited to try some of these. Yay!

PJaye!!!

I promised myself I would wait until one of my current product jars was empty before making another purchase, but your review has me ITCHING to order some Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding. Sigh. What's a new natural to do!?!!!!!!!!!!

Rastafarai

1. What is your hair's porosity? Low
4. What are the curl patterns of your hair? S-coils, 3b/3c

I twist on semi-dry hair as I like my braidouts stretched and defined. After placing a leave-in (I'm a huge fan of Bekura Beauty Apple Sourghum) I found a combination of Jakeala's Nappy Cream followed with Jakeala's Parfait does wonders in keeping my hair moisturized, soft, and supple throughout the week. To help ensure my hair doesn't frizz, I seal each braid with some Natty Natural's Natty Moist. This does the trick in helping define my twists/braids once unraveled and my hair keeps defined come rain or shine.

I am also a huge fan of sealing my braids with Qhemet Aethiopika Mango Butter or Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue if I want an extremely defined look.

vevster

What creme, gel, and/or lotion has produced your best twist out or braid out?

1. What is your hair's porosity? HIGH
2. Are your strands fine or course? FINE
3. Is your head of hair dense or thin? THIN
4. What are the curl patterns of your hair? 4a
5. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, or natural? NATURAL

So far my best twist out is using SM JBCO Leave in with the Alikay Naturals lemongrass leave in underneath. Take down was done coating each twist with Jakeala's Beau Vert Oil.[/QUOTE]