BEWARE Dove Moisture Mist has CHANGED!

LovelyLionessa

Girl, I am already thinking about some ingredients to whip up. I normally do my own mixes for just about everything. What you have looks good. Never tried the CHI Infusion, can this be purchased at any store?

You can find CHI Infusion at JC Penny and BSS that sell salon products. Some Walgreens also carry it.

Missi

Okay, so lately I have been using my Dove Sheer Moisture Mist and I've been really liking it. Instead of piling on more moisturizer I've been using this spray to kinda "reactivate" the products in my hair and for a quick shot of moisture.

Anyway, while in CVS I saw Dove hair products were on sale, so I decided to pick up another bottle of the Mist. I get it home and look at the ingriedients and lo and behold they have CHANGED! :wallbash: This is a real pet peeve of mine when companies change ingriedients. Here is a side-by-side comparison of the old and the new.

old:
Water (aqua), Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth 12, Lysine HCl, Phosphoric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Silk Amino Acids (Alanine, Glycine, Serine, Arginine), Simethicone, Borago Officinale Seed Oil (Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Linoleic Ac), Polyquaternium 4, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbatian Stearate, Polysorbate 60

new:
Water (aqua), Amodimethicone, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth 12, Phosphoric Acid, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Simethicone, Polyquaternium 4, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbatian Stearate, Polysorbate 60

They have pretty much taken out the good stuff silk amino acids and all. The new bottle subtly states "with Repairing Serum" aka not so moisturizing. :perplexed I sprayed the old spray on one hand and the new on the other and the former was definitely more moisturizing. I'm going to return this bottle back to CVS. This makes me want to just create my own moisture mist and call it a day. :ohwell:

OMG: thats how i used my spray: its like after i applied moisturizer: the next day or if my hair is lackin in some moisture: the DOVE SPRAY reactivates the moisture in my hair and leaves it feelin soft: i guess not any more huh? i definitly sent them an e-mail complaining: the ingrediants on their site doesn't match whats on the bottle either.

Brownie518

I just started using this! I am going to WalMart tomorrow and see if they have the old formula. If they do, I'm gonna be like MonaLisa in Target with those Pantene masks dropping out of her arms:look:

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!! That's my main hair moisturizer with my Aveda USC! I can't use water anymore since the water here is harder than a rock.

I guess I'll go look for some of that Paul Mitchel stuff. :nono: Thank goodness I brought 4 Dove Mists with me here to England.

The Girl

see I just saw some NTM serum on clearance and the Dove moisture maybe this is why....I hate that !

MonaLisa

I just started using this! I am going to WalMart tomorrow and see if they have the old formula. If they do, I'm gonna be like MonaLisa in Target with those Pantene masks dropping out of her arms:look:

Wow hair cousin....must we bring that up though? :nono:
:lol:

Like I said...I'm ready to do a seek and scheme for the two bottles I bought... I'm ready to look at a few places that might not re-stock their inventory as quickly as others and I might find a few of the old bottles still on the shelf.....

Mo's ready to make an exchange... I just need to get me a receipt saying 2 bottles of Dove Moisture Mist purchased.... :sekret:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You are right, they've taken out the good stuff--especially the glycerin and the silk.

ETA: I'm going to send them an email. I don't appreciate this :( They believe the average consumer will not be aware of their "cheapening" the product. That might be so, but not so with us LHCF ladies. :nono:

Last edited:

Mortons

I knew there was a reason why I had not bought this product since the summer. Do the different formulas have different spray tops, because I have noticed two different tops for DMM.

LovelyLionessa

I knew there was a reason why I had not bought this product since the summer. Do the different formulas have different spray tops, because I have noticed two different tops for DMM.

That what's particularly deceitful about all of this, the bottles are identical. It was only upon closer inspection to the ingriedients and the front of the bottle where there was different wording in small print "with Repairing Serum." :nono:

We didn't want it to contain a "repairing serum"! When I want serum, I'll slap on serum, when I want moisture mist I spray on moisture mist!! They need to get it right!! :angry2:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Here is Dove's response to my email:

Thanks for writing! We do apologize for the experience you reported with our product. Pleaseunderstand that the condition you've reported does not represent our usual quality. We will forward your comments describing your experienceon to our Brand Manager and Quality Assurance staff. We are happy to send a replacement coupon to you via postal mail, whichwill allow you to obtain any other variety of your choice. We again apologize for this inconvenience.Your friends at Dovemrb

Obviously, this is a generic reponse. There is no way that their new ingredients are not their "usual quality." It's not like they accidentally made one bottle of the mist with the wrong ingredients and posted them on the bottle. :nono: