Moisturizer Suggestion for Those Wearing Wraps/Blowouts...

LadyR said:
I just purchased this tonight from Walmart after remembering this thread. I plan on using it for my "dry set" at night. I will just spray the ends lightly before rolling my hair up.

Looks like a woman with a plan. Anyone else actually used this?

I use mines first thing when I get up. I spray a few mists (about 4-6 inches away from the head), seal with a few drops of kemi, add some cream moisturizer to the last 2-3 inches of my ends (usually Aveda Universal Styling cream), wrap up, get dressed, and unwrap. That way it doesn't even have time to THINK about reverting (which I never have this problems).

MizaniMami said:
Looks like a woman with a plan. Anyone else actually used this?

I use mines first thing when I get up. I spray a few mists (about 4-6 inches away from the head), seal with a few drops of kemi, add some cream moisturizer to the last 2-3 inches of my ends (usually Aveda Universal Styling cream), wrap up, get dressed, and unwrap. That way it doesn't even have time to THINK about reverting (which I never have this problems).
I was going to buy this and try it to see how it works for braidouts. I forgot though. I'll make a note to buy it. Thanks for the info MazaniMami!:)

Isis said:
I was going to buy this and try it to see how it works for braidouts. I forgot though. I'll make a note to buy it. Thanks for the info MazaniMami!:)

Okay..WHY did you post that pic of your hair in you siggy!!! IT had me completely thrown off. Girl it is so gorgeous!!! OMG. You make me want to go back to texlaxing. But my hair doesn't lay down like yours. My texlaxed hair is a uncurly fro:cool:.

Isis, you never let me down!

MizaniMami said:
Okay..WHY did you post that pic of your hair in you siggy!!! IT had me completely thrown off. Girl it is so gorgeous!!! OMG. You make me want to go back to texlaxing. But my hair doesn't lay down like yours. My texlaxed hair is a uncurly fro:cool:.

Isis, you never let me down!
Thank you MizaniMami! *blushing* :)

Do you think this would work for curly sets? I wear straw sets and flexi-rods most times. I normally use ORS Olive oil. Only problem is is takes so long to moisturize and seal because I dont want to frizz my hair. TIA!!!!!!

I think it would if you don't use too much

NessaNessa said:
Do you think this would work for curly sets? I wear straw sets and flexi-rods most times. I normally use ORS Olive oil. Only problem is is takes so long to moisturize and seal because I dont want to frizz my hair. TIA!!!!!!

I have a similar mist by Paul Mitchell called Awapuhi Moisture Mist. It's formulated for moisturizing hair and skin. I spray my hair 3 or 4 times and comb it. It works well so far. I paid $7.95 for 8.5oz.

Back