• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

Black American and Asian American relations

naturalgyrl5199

I love Daniel Dae Kim (he fine)...and I appreciate him acknowledging that there are nuances regarding the attacks and how he acknowledges that Asians are being attacked by more than just black people. The elephant in the room is that for a long time...both blacks and Asians have been harful and hateful towards each other and scapegoated. I have had to correct my own mother who used slurs like "Ching chongs" to refer to Asians. This was accepted among her circle of adults but even as a child I wasn't having it. So there is that.
There is also something sick about people attacking folk in general as being okay. Plus we have a continuing expansion of the aging community and attacks towards them are not getting better.
We DO and SHOULD as black people address this type of treatment of others within our own communities...just like we demand Asians deal with racism towards blacks in theirs.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Black women should tread carefully here. We have been on the receiving end of anti-Black violence from Asian beauty industry folks, and we are NOT the ones perpetrating this violence against Asian elders...we ought to remain fairly silent.

It does us no good to be loud about the anti-blackness that is lurking in the undertone of this conversation on behalf of whom, exactly? Black men that brutalize Black women and girls at higher rates than these Asian folks are experiencing??

naturalgyrl5199

Black women should tread carefully here. We have been on the receiving end of anti-Black violence from Asian beauty industry folks, and we are NOT the ones perpetrating this violence against Asian elders...we ought to remain fairly silent.

It does us no good to be loud about the anti-blackness that is lurking in the undertone of this conversation on behalf of whom, exactly? Black men that brutalize Black women and girls at higher rates than these Asian folks are experiencing??
I agree BW should always tread lightly.....But I thought THIS was a safe space we can be loud to each other about our feelings. I don't feel a need to go march, repost videos and push advocacy. Other than one Asian guy on FB who is always calling out other Asians about their Anti-blackness, I've never heard another Asian speak up about Asians being racist towards black folk.

Also,
When I speak to my sister in law, mother to my black nephew....and other black mothers my age who have black sons....they are in pain. They are scared. I cannot ignore their desire to protect or be involved with things related to black men in general. I'm resigned to the fact that in varying ways, BW will never really be separated from things black men in America are involved in. Just like my husband and my brother, my nephew is somebody son attached to a BW. It is what it is. One day this group will dive into that.

Kanky

I have never heard an Asian person say boo about racism towards black people. If they are getting beaten up in the streets then I suggest they call the police. Or maybe learn some of that Kung fu like the Asians in the movies. :look:

Evolving78

What do you say about BW with black sons and brothers? There are black baby boys born daily.