Blo Salon experience - Boston **pictures**

BostonMaria

You and your hair are gorgeous!

Maria,You got lucky - you better not let random strangers do your hair again, Missy! :whip:

Yikes! LOL :lachen:
That's sooooooooo not like me. TRUST ME when i say I would've walked out with wet hair had the stylist done something wrong LOL Lookin all crazy on Columbus Ave :lol: I won't do that again.

Hmm, I might have to check this place out. I'm kind of chicken though. :lol: Your hair came out lovely. No surprise there! Your hair pics are always gorgeous.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

Aw thank you! If you go, ask for Tiffany. I can only vouch for her. She told me that she's there Thursday and Friday, at the seaport location Saturday thru Wed. Something like that :lol:

BostonMaria

What lovely, luscious, cascading curls in that photo with your back to the camera! How nice it is to have a positive and satisfying impromptu hair experience. You took "a chance" and had a wonderful adventure. Your hair looks so silky, soft and shiny. It's really very pretty.

My hair is smooth like buttah
I only go to the salon 2-3 times a year so I'll probably go back in September.

D.Lisha

Your hair looks gorge! I also love the fact that they aren't allowed to cut hair, that definitely takes the suspense out of the "new salon" experience.
The next time you pay a visit please see if you can get the details on their product line :)

BostonMaria

Your hair looks gorge! I also love the fact that they aren't allowed to cut hair, that definitely takes the suspense out of the "new salon" experience.
The next time you pay a visit please see if you can get the details on their product line :)

The products looked expensive and I didn't want to fall in love with them LOL
The shampoo smelled really nice, like lemons

Garner

Your hair looks beautiful!!! As much as you love your sweethearts, I bet you were more so able to relax without them. lol

Miss617

Always left of center
That place is like right down the street from me, never would have imagined that price! Your hair came out great.

CarLiTa

So, I'm going to Boston tomorrow and I wanna do this next week!!

They don't do any trims, right BostonMaria?
What about deep conditioning? My hair really needs a treatment.

BostonMaria

So, I'm going to Boston tomorrow and I wanna do this next week!!

They don't do any trims, right BostonMaria?
What about deep conditioning? My hair really needs a treatment.

They have deep conditioning treatments, but I usually wash my hair the night before and deep condition my hair myself. I'm not paying an extra $10 for them to DC me for 10 minutes. To ME that's a waste of money. If you go to Blo please ask for Tiffany. I can't vouch for anyone else. The other ladies are white and I don't know if they know how to do natural hair. I would hate to find out the hard way LOL

BostonMaria, you look like one of my aunts. It's uncanny. I'm amazed. Pretty hair!

Ooh she must be a beautiful lady LOL I'd love to see a picture (PM me)

BostonMaria

By the way, I don't recommend using heat on a regular basis. I went to Blo three times in a span of 2 months and I did find about 3 heat damaged sections, which I quickly cut off. That's never happened to me and I know its because I went too many times. I stopped going for a while and wore my hair curly almost the entire summer. I went to Blo on Monday just to change it up and my hair came out so pretty. I won't be going back until at least Nov/Dec.

Attachments

• IMAG0224_1.jpg
    IMAG0224_1.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

BostonMaria

After 7 years of taking such good care of my hair I allowed this to happen. I can't even blame the stylist because I knew in my heart that this wasn't a good idea. My ends now need to be cut.

image-3390890842.jpg

BostonMaria

One more pic

image-4198239703.jpg

This is after I wet + added gel. My daughter is going to help me cut it tomorrow

ETA: this is my hair after it dried

Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

BostonMaria

Aww, sorry about the heat damage :sad:

Have you tried a hard protein treatment? Sometimes the curls will come back after a few treatments.

I would have to see this as I'm waiting for my hair to dry so I can flatiron it for the first time in a couple months *terrified*

BTW, I'm having so much shrinkage lately - seeing your wet hair makes me kinda want some heat-damage, lol.

Last edited:

BostonMaria

BostonMaria

Have you tried a hard protein treatment? Sometimes the curls will come back after a few treatments.

I would have to see this as I'm waiting for my hair to dry so I can flatiron it for the first time in a couple months *terrified*

BTW, I'm having so much shrinkage lately - seeing your wet hair makes me kinda want some heat-damage, lol.

sipp100 ahahhaaha That's too funny. I told my daughter I got a $30 BKT minus the BKT LOL my hair is very loose. It actually looks nice BUT I know that its damaged and I don't want to undo 7 years of hard work. I'm having my oldest DD snip the ends tomorrow (maybe an inch). Then I'll do an Aphogee protein treatment and leave it in protective styles for a few months. No more heat for me for a very long time.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I'm sorry you got heat damage but glad you caught it in time.

At least an inch or two won't blow all your length. Your hair will still be long and flowing.

It's the worst when ladies let it go too long and then have to do a major cut.

Good luck. Your hair is still lovely! ;)

BostonMaria

BostonMaria

sipp100 I ended up cutting about an inch of hair in places where I thought I saw heat damage. I am afraid to see my hair straight right now LOL I'll get a real trim next time I see my regular stylist. I have been deep conditioning my hair and its looking/feeling better and the curls bounced back. Phew! They also got me Jesus.

Britt

After 7 years of taking such good care of my hair I allowed this to happen. I can't even blame the stylist because I knew in my heart that this wasn't a good idea. My ends now need to be cut.

View attachment 277779

One more pic

View attachment 277781

This is after I wet + added gel. My daughter is going to help me cut it tomorrow

Awwww BostonMaria , the good thing is in the second pic it only looks like the very ends so you'll still have a decent amount of length left. I got my hair flat ironed this wknd and I pray I don't have heat damage at all when I wash my hair. The stylist swiped my hair with the flat iron several times and it didn't need to be. I just hope my hair bounces right back easily.

BostonMaria

Awwww BostonMaria , the good thing is in the second pic it only looks like the very ends so you'll still have a decent amount of length left. I got my hair flat ironed this wknd and I pray I don't have heat damage at all when I wash my hair. The stylist swiped my hair with the flat iron several times and it didn't need to be. I just hope my hair bounces right back easily.

Britt oh I hope your hair is fine! I knew something was wrong because my hair smelled like a burning flatiron LOL for two weeks. It had a weird, distinct smell. Let me know how it goes. Deep condition like crazy when you finally wash it out.

Britt

@Britt oh I hope your hair is fine! I knew something was wrong because my hair smelled like a burning flatiron LOL for two weeks. It had a weird, distinct smell. Let me know how it goes. Deep condition like crazy when you finally wash it out.

Ughhhhhhh I know that smell !! :nono:
Thank you! I will be deep conditioning with protein this Sunday.

ChristmasCarol

BostonMaria

Glad to hear you didn't have to cut very much!

I straightened my hair to go Miami for the weekend, but was so anxious about heat damage that I washed my hair last night when I got back. I flatironed on 425 (one pass) because I knew it would be super humid on South Beach. Amazingly, I had not one loose curl - praise be to God.

But, now I'm kinda salty that curiosity got the best of me and I didn't leave it straight for the rest of the week. Natural hair dilemmas...