Blow drying on cool

MsCarmenP

Is it okay to blow dry (hooded dryer or regular blow dryer) on cool a couple of times a week? Is it the heat that's the problem with the blow dryer or the force of air period? I workout during the morning and sweat in my head. As a result, my hair usually looks a mess for the rest of the day because it takes a long time to dry. I try to wrap it and let it air dry (I'm relaxed) but what usually happens is I end up having to unwrap and put it in a ponytail or bun to go somewhere before it dries. I'd like to go back to washing once a week and cowashing twice a week but I'm tired of my hair looking like crap. :lachen:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I think your hair will be fine! The concern with using heat appliances is the potential for heat damage. Since you have the blow dryer on cool, your hair should be fine :3

Lylddlebit

For me it's better to blow dry on hot. When I blow dry on cool it takes longer and I have to do more swipes and isn't as straight. It's trading in temperature for manipulation in my case.

Evolving78

Is it okay to blow dry (hooded dryer or regular blow dryer) on cool a couple of times a week? Is it the heat that's the problem with the blow dryer or the force of air period? I workout during the morning and sweat in my head. As a result, my hair usually looks a mess for the rest of the day because it takes a long time to dry. I try to wrap it and let it air dry (I'm relaxed) but what usually happens is I end up having to unwrap and put it in a ponytail or bun to go somewhere before it dries. I'd like to go back to washing once a week and cowashing twice a week but I'm tired of my hair looking like crap. :lachen:
I do it, but it takes forever! Use the tension method on warm might help?

MsCarmenP

Thanks everybody. So wouldn't blow drying twice a week on warm be too much heat? Would it be better with the hooded dryer since it's indirect heat?

BeautyBlvd

Beauty Blvd.
Depends on what you want for the finished result. If you just want to dry the hair (and aren't too worried about getting it super straight) then cool is a safe bet. If you want to reduce manipulation while getting your hair straight, I'd go for the middle setting, after allowing the hair to air dry about 50-70% and use a good heat protector.

Good Luck!

EnExitStageLeft

I always use low-high heat when blow drying. If I'm going it back to back (weekly) then I would use low heat. Now that I'm doing it once a month I use Medium to High. My curls bounce back each and every time. The Key is moisturized, well protected hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Ok, so I tested this out again and it actually went a lot better. I used GVP Super Skinny Serum heat protectant serum (instead of sealing with oil) before blow drying. My hair felt nice & fluffy.