BOAR BRISTLE vs PADDLE BRUSH

zzirvingj

What is the boar bristle brush used for compared to a paddle brush?

What do YOU use them for? I have a boar bristle brush, and I ONLY use that to smooth down my hair into a scrunchie/bun. In other words, I wet it and brush down the crown/edges of my hair before bunning it.

I use my paddle brush to detangle my hair while wet while in the shower. I know alot of people use the denman for this, but the paddle seems to work well for me so I just have never gotten around to buying/trying a denman.

I will also use the paddle brush in combination with my blow dryer to blow dry my hair, but since I rarely ever do this myself, I rarely use the paddle brush for that purpose.

Just wondering what everyone else uses these 2 types brushes for...and if I'm using them for their "intended purposes"...? :look:

wheezy807

I think the bb brush is used alot for styling, smoothing back the edges. But i've seen both used for wrapping. But as long as you provide a purpose for them, lol all is well.

Eisani

What is the boar bristle brush used for compared to a paddle brush?

What do YOU use them for? I have a boar bristle brush, and I ONLY use that to smooth down my hair into a scrunchie/bun. In other words, I wet it and brush down the crown/edges of my hair before bunning it.

I use my paddle brush to detangle my hair while wet while in the shower. I know alot of people use the denman for this, but the paddle seems to work well for me so I just have never gotten around to buying/trying a denman.

I will also use the paddle brush in combination with my blow dryer to blow dry my hair, but since I rarely ever do this myself, I rarely use the paddle brush for that purpose.

Just wondering what everyone else uses these 2 types brushes for...and if I'm using them for their "intended purposes"...? :look:

My answer is bolded. Lazily done, but done nonetheless :grin:

Tarae

I used my boar bristle brush for my edges only; putting hair in a ponytail/bun, or something like that.

I use my paddle brush to wrap my hair.

Mortons

I use a deman to detangle after my DC. I use my boar bristly to get my hair to lay flat in a bun.

msde13

I have them both and only use it to wrap my dry hair at night...other than that...the boar was useful for getthing some of the dandruff out....:grin:

PuffyBrown

I have a paddle brush that I use to start my wrap at night.
I also have a paddle brush with boar bristles that I use to smooth down my hair.
My regular boar bristle is just used occassionally when I need to concentrate on a specfic area

me-T

i use my bb if a) i feel the need to smooth my edges b)when flat ironing a piece of hair. both are seldomly done

i have a denman, but it's rough on my hair, so i need to get a paddle brush

Simply_Kelz

I use my boar bristle to smooth a ponytail or edges, and that's occasionally.

I use a paddle brush OCCASIONALLY for wrapping, once or twice for detangling, and a few times to assist with blowdrying.

Cichelle

I can't use a Boar Bristle. It pulls my hair out. At one point I tried a few different kinds and had the same result. I steer clear of those things.

I have an Aveda paddle brush that I really liked for detangling/removing shed hair. I gave it up once I got my denman, though.