Botanical Extracts and hair growth

Britt

I just went to the health food store and saw that they had Nettle extract and Rosemary extract. The thing is, these are to be ingested. They contain alcohol and I dont know if it is ok to be applied topically to the scalp. Nettle and Rosemary are very good at stimulating the scalp. Is the extract ok to use on the scalp ? THe man in the store said that he doesnt know wether or not the extracts could be applied to the scalp since it contains 1:1 alcohol. However, he said that a few people have come to the store to buy it just to apply it to the scalp. I wanted to add these extracts to my jojoba oil.
Check out this page and scoll to the mid-bottom and see the function of these extracts.
http://www.carrubba.com/pages/botanicals/haircarelist.html

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
I just went to the health food store and saw that they had Nettle extract and Rosemary extract. The thing is, these are to be ingested. They contain alcohol and I dont know if it is ok to be applied topically to the scalp. Nettle and Rosemary are very good at stimulating the scalp. Is the extract ok to use on the scalp ? THe man in the store said that he doesnt know wether or not the extracts could be applied to the scalp since it contains 1:1 alcohol. However, he said that a few people have come to the store to buy it just to apply it to the scalp. I wanted to add these extracts to my jojoba oil.
Check out this page and scoll to the mid-bottom and see the function of these extracts.
http://www.carrubba.com/pages/botanicals/haircarelist.html

[/ QUOTE ]

I add a few (10) drops of each to 4 oz of jojoba oil....I think the extracts are too concentrated for direct application to the scalp..

Britt

Thanks Sherry,
thats what I was thinking to do, add like 2 drops of each to my jojoba oil when i am going to apply it to my scalp. Do u have Rosemary and Nettle extract?

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Sherry,
thats what I was thinking to do, add like 2 drops of each to my jojoba oil when i am going to apply it to my scalp. Do u have Rosemary and Nettle extract?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, but I like the oils better......when i finished w/them (the extracts), i will not order again.....

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I agree with SherryLove,

Don't apply directly to your scalp. I bought some a while back and it's still sitting there because I noticed the alcohol content after I bought it

If you'd like to ingest some nettle, you can always get some Nettle Tea.