Braid-outs Wet or Dry HAIR?

empressaja

I am transitioning and last night I did my first braid out w/ Burts Bees Avocado butter on Dry hair. I have short hair. I did about 7 cornrows going sort-of back and I added a satin roller to the ends. This am it was not great. ANd by this afternoon there is basically no crinkle at all. Could this be because it was done on dry hair?

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
It may have been the Burts Bee's Avacado Butter. I don't think its meant to be used as a leave in cause its kinda heavy.

My best braid outs are always done on damp not wet hair. So I may dampen (not wet) my dry hair a little and do 5 cornrows with a grey perm rod on the ends. If you do start out with wet hair spend some time under the dryer and then let it air dry the rest of the way.

HTH

leleepop

i like to start with dry hair, but saturate each section with a water and gel mixture. I find I can control it better this way.hth

marmcdo1

I do my braid-outs on damp hair also, the result are much better than on dry hair. I use Kids Organics Shea Butter hair lotion, then lightly spray to just damppen with a mixture of one part setting lotion and two parts water. If your hair is too damp, sit under the dryer. I have to repeat this every nite if I want to keep the defination.

Sweet C

I do mine wet as well with a little setting lotion (well I do a twist set in lieu of a braid set, b/c my hair is thick and its easier to control my hair direction once I take it out), usually and put perm rods at the ends, go to bed, and when I wake up, its dry and I take them out.

dimpalz

Braidouts on dry hair was a no-no for me wen I was transitioning. It's a waste of time. Wet that sucker up and braid away! It's a little more difficult cos the hair tangles easy, but to make it easier u can do flat-twists instead, it gives the same effect. I never actually (come to think of it now) did a BRAIDout I always flattwisted on towel-dried hair. The product wont make a difference to the crinkle I don't think, I used hair oil to keep it soft and shiny tho. HTH HHG =)