Braid Spray?

karezone

I think that the African Royale Braid Spray is causing build up. I washed my hair Sunday while I was at home with diluted CoN and my scalp still had crude on it. Last night I shampooed with diluted Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo and my scalp was much better. No bulid up and no crude on scalp. I ended up just oiling with Afica's Best Herbal Oil but i don't know if that will be good enough in the long run. I don't want to blame it on the CON b/c I get really good results when I am not in braids.

Will it be okay if I stop using the braid spray?

I don't want to waste my time with braids if when I take them out the hair is so dry that it just snaps off.

Help!! Advice!! Suggestions!!

bellydancer

[ QUOTE ]
sulfur 8 braid spray is really good

[/ QUOTE ]
What does it smell like? is it anything like the grease? and does it strengthen your hair AND moisturize or does it just moisturize it?

Nonie

I don't use braid spray on my micros. Never have. I use Dew, or just a natural oil (jojoba, coconut or avocado) on wet hair. If Africa's Best Herbal Oil worked for you, I say use it instead of the braid spray. I have never quite understood why braid sprays exist since hair is the same hair whether in braids or combed out. As long as you can get your moisturizer to cover your hair strands while in braids (by using a liquid that can permeate the braids) then your hair would be taken care of. I can see how a spray is a good idea for braids, but why not just put my usual moisturizer in a spray bottle - adding water if it's too thick?

BTW, when I apply my leave-in, I usually focus on the hair trying not to get it on my scalp. I hold my braids up if using a spray. I don't worry about the last inch or so of my hair that might not sprayed in my effort to avoid my scalp. Sebum kinda helps me out a bit in that area, plus I usually sleep in a plastic cap so I'm sure that section gets it share of moisture.

AFashionSlave

I agree with you about the build up. I hate braid spray. Braid sprays only offer me a brief 30 minues of itch relief after I spray. I use plain old water to spriz my braids every day. Occasionally I will use a little tea tree or olive oil on my scalp.

karezone

My head really doesn't itch that much since I stopped with the spray and my scalp is nice and clean no build up. I just can't stand the build up the stuff leaves. My oil really doesn't leave a build up at all so I guess I will be using that and water to keep my hair moisturized.

keke

Hmm, interesting. I guess i will try that too. Man i wish i known of this b4 i bought this African Royal braid spray :S Oh well. I got my a bottle of water/s-curl no drip kind in it. guess i can use that or maybe use the s-curl itself cause it sure does soften the back and right side of my hair