Braidout vs Rollersets- what is healthier?

Braidout or Rollersetting- which is better for your hair

• Rollersetting

Votes: 48 57.1%
  • Braidout

Votes: 36 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I voted rollersets (even though I currently don't do them regularly)... I feel like rollersets are better on the ends of hair than braidouts and less manipulation than braidouts.

levette

Last week, I got a relaxer at the salon and had my hair rollerset on medium rollers with twists in the front.. It lasted all week and I just washed today because my scalp was itchy. It was nice to have a break from manipulating my hair. But I didn't like seeing the shed hair after I washed it. It seemed like it was too much. Anyway this summer, I plan to do more braidouts mainly because #1 it is too hot to sit under the dryer, #2 I am lazy to be rollersetting my hair.

NIN4eva

Yep, I'm coming back and saying satin braid outs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuvxTXRCHrc are definitely better for me.

With satin braid outs I can use more moisturizer, oil or serum and my hair is smooth, soft and tangle-free. I don't have to worry so much about falling in humid weather and I can just re-braid at night.

Roller sets are perfect right after I take the rollers out and style, but hours later leave me with dry tangled hair, I have to use so much setting lotion that I have dry, crunchy ends. I have to use less moisturizer, oil or serum to keep the volume and the style doesn't last.

Last edited:

Adaoba2012

I would have to say rollersets because I always notice alot of broken hairs after I do a braidout or a twist out. With rollersets I feel like my ends are protected and its less manipulation.

i say both, depending on whos wearing it.

What do you mean by whos wearing it? Do you mean by the length of hair you have or the hair type?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
What do you mean by whos wearing it? Do you mean by the length of hair you have or the hair type?

i mean, some may say rollersets are easier while another may say braid outs. i may say braidouts are easier because i have braidout skill, but that dont mean braidouts OUR easier, it just means its easier on MY head,......

so i say both are easy, just depends on who can deal with the style and who cant. did i make sence? i mean i did have alot of milk and cookies just now so i might be typing wrong

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
With satin braid outs I can use more moisturizer, oil or serum and my hair is smooth, soft and tangle-free. I don't have to worry so much about falling in humid weather and I can just re-braid at night. I live in FL and know a thing or two about humidity! Thank you for sharing the link. I will be trying this real soon. LHCF is the truth. I'm a new member and in love with all the tips and techniques shared. I never knew hair could be so fun. :yep:

Roller sets are perfect right after I take the rollers out and style, but hours later leave me with dry tangled hair, I have to use so much setting lotion that I have dry, crunchy ends. I have to use less moisturizer, oil or serum to keep the volume and the style doesn't last. My roller sets never last unless I go to the salon and I'm rolled on small rollers and rolled with that get hard, crunchy type setting lotion. When I do my hair at home, I roller set with water and do a roller, saran wrap because of the humidity makes my curls 'flop.' I bought the Design Masterpiece setting lotion with the intentions to set my hair like it's done in the salon but I've yet to attempt it.

take care -

Adaoba2012

i mean, some may say rollersets are easier while another may say braid outs. i may say braidouts are easier because i have braidout skill, but that dont mean braidouts OUR easier, it just means its easier on MY head,......

so i say both are easy, just depends on who can deal with the style and who cant. did i make sense? i mean i did have alot of milk and cookies just now so i might be typing wrong

Yes doll you made perfect sense :yep: