Braidouts & twistouts!! please post your pics!

MummysGirl

I saturate my dry hair with conditioner (either cowash con or DC) for about an hour... this loosens most tangles.

The shedding cannot be avoided cos there are already shed hairs which are sitting in the curly hair because the hair hasn't been combed.

Everyone's hair is simply lovely! I have a question also....how do you handle wash/cowash day? I have never tried this due to fear of what happens on wash day.

Can you please share your techniques? I can only picture lots of knots and shedding...thanks in advance!!

I saturate my dry hair with conditioner (either cowash con or DC) for about an hour... this loosens most tangles.

The shedding cannot be avoided cos there are already shed hairs which are sitting in the curly hair because the hair hasn't been combed.

Got it!! Thanks....the shedding makes sense..it happens all the time, but as long as it's not excessive I'm good...I will practice this on teh weekend now inthe winter months and hope to have it mastered by the summer when I swim everyday and really need this!

Thanks again!:grin:

þÈÄRL£êK

I do my twist outs on wet hair, i part in 4 sections and just grab how much hair i prefer; I'm transitioning therefore i use small perm rods on the ends to create a curl.

exoticmommie

Here are some of mine. I do it one 80% dry hair. I have a mixture of aloe vera gel and my favorite oils and some rose water. That I add as I do each twist. And put pillow rollers on the end. (I love my satin pillow rollers :yep: )

yods

Beautiful hair ladies, every single one of you. Just in time for me, am approaching the dreaded in between stage after a TWA. Time to tame this beast with some twist and braid outs.

lexiwiththecurls

Here are my pics from twistouts this year:

These are braid and twist outs from the year. Using Miss Jessies, Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, and Olive Oil and other products...not sure what was used in each.

winona

I braided the front 3 strand twisted the back and set on lrg satin rollers overnight

Attachments

• DSCN2710.jpg
    DSCN2710.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN2712.jpg
    DSCN2712.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 58

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Here's one I did back in March of this year. I did 4 braids this time instead of twists and I think it turned out better. My hair also puffed up from the humidity; but again, I think that only made it look better and thicker.

View from the side:

View from the back:

Fhrizzball

I love twist outs!

Chunky twist out, done on wet hair, don't remember how many twists, but they were big

This looks like a three strand twistout. I didn't know you can get the hair so corkscrewy on just two strand twists.

Everyone's t/o's are gorgeous. If you guys lived by me you would put my stringly limp mess to shame. I want my hair to grow up and be like everyone's in this thread.:blush:

Fine 4s

This twist out from Jan.2009 was done with at least 25 twists with shea butter and perm rods on the end.

The more twists I use, the more defined the strands become.
It took about 2 hours to twist...

Attachments

• Twist out 3.jpg
    Twist out 3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 177

Millahdoowop

Twistout on natural hair
For this I just made four twists
And twirled the ends to keep it from unraveling

Both of these are braidouts on transitioning hair
I braid my hair in 4-6 braids and roll the ends with perm rods

Soliel185

Transitioning Hair:

Natural

eta: sorry for the size of some of these - I didn't realize how big they were until I pasted the addys