Brazilian Hair Secrets

Sweetpea000

I guess because of the tropical climate in Brazil, women like to wash/wet their hair everyday, sometimes a few times a day. They don't use any grease on their hair, normally only leave ins or creams. I've been on the vaseline challenge and my ends have been doing very well indeed.
I don't like the hene that tchutchuca was talking about, because it dyes your hair jet black, and I like to play around with different hair tones.
my sister and my cousin have both bra-strap length hair or longer. They actually wash their hair with shampoo everyday. I don't do that because my hair is way too thin( baby thin hair) and if I did that it would just dry out.

CaramelKiss

Re: Brazilian Hair Secrets- Teva Here\'s an Update!

Hello Everyone and especially Teva!

I apologize that it took so long to get back to this thread. I got tied up with classes, in-laws, and well anyhow, here is a bit of information that I've gleaned from a girl in my current class who comes from Rio.

First of all, let me describe her hair. It is gorgeous! It's long, but not bra strap long when worn curly. Her hair is interestingly straight at the top and then begins to spiral down about 6 inches from her scalp all the way to her ends. Her roots are not as straight. She looks like a type 2 and 3 combined. 2 because of the straightness and 3 because of the sprirals. Her hair is healthy and she wears it down every day to class!!

I spoke with her today about her routine. This is just a bit, but we promised to discuss more. She says she washes her hair every other day that if she didn't it would be dry. I don't know if that means shampoo or conditioner but I will find out. She also says, she uses some creams which she gets from a Brazilian lady here in Germany. She told me she would bring it in and show me.

She also told me her hair is all natural and that she scrunches her hair with gel on the hair shaft to prevent that "Diana Ross" effect.

More info later about conditioner, heat and other info. We spoke during the break and so we only had a few minutes.

HotCoCoGurl130

Thank you for asking her some questions and I look forward to reading some more info about her routine.

atlantatiffany

[ QUOTE ]
Teva said:

Well this is one of her post but we want more....

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I am from Brazil and there we have a very high protein diet. Every meal (lunch and dinner) we have beans, rice and meat, plus complements like salads and vegetables. We always eat lots of fruits and natural juices. We also eat a kind of fresh cheese pretty often ( similar with queso fresco from Mexican stores),and fresh mozzarela. We do not eat all those kinds of hard cheeses which are way too processed.
Maybe that's why I used to have no problem with my hair while I was leaving there. Also I had never had any problem with weight as happened when I moved to US and started to have an american diet with way too much bread, sodas, salad dressings, and so on.
I gainned 10 pounds in 1 year. Once I started to have all my meals at home, in a brazilian style. I am back in shape. My hair is growing fast and I feel much better. I do not eat only protein, but a more balance diet.
And yes, you can elevate your cholesterol eating too much eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Teva

Great CaramelKiss, I missed your reply to this post. Did you find out any more about her hair? My hair too gets dry if I dont condition wash it at least every other day. I can not wait to find out more of what she does.

Thanks agian

UmSumayyah

Try bigen oriental black. Alot of members use it, it is jetjet black. I have some Sebastians Colourshines in Black Orchid that I'm thinking of putting over it.

Mahalialee4

So what happened to this info we are waiting on. I really would like to know more about this product, and where you can get it...all the details...success rate etc. etc. etc. Now where is that dear lady that told us about this? Help us out here....Bonjour

Candy_C

Sweetpea000 said:
I guess because of the tropical climate in Brazil, women like to wash/wet their hair everyday, sometimes a few times a day. They don't use any grease on their hair, normally only leave ins or creams. I've been on the vaseline challenge and my ends have been doing very well indeed.
I don't like the hene that tchutchuca was talking about, because it dyes your hair jet black, and I like to play around with different hair tones.
my sister and my cousin have both bra-strap length hair or longer. They actually wash their hair with shampoo everyday. I don't do that because my hair is way too thin( baby thin hair) and if I did that it would just dry out.

its definately the humidity and probabley the diet that gives these women long hair and wettinf daily, because when i did this in Jamaica i grew an inch in 2 weeks, imagine a year! heat is a factor. if i lived in these countries my hair would be down 2 the floor...england is cold and dry!

tetbelle

I didn't read the whole thread but my Au pair is brazilian and Scake products are sooooo good. I have used S.O.S Natu hair cream for my wash and go's and that is the best it gives me curl definition and shine I love it. I can't find it here in New Jersey to save my life. We had her sister send us some from Brazil. They also have relaxer that only texturizes your hair and doesn't straighten it completely. My Aupair is mixed her hair is curly and long very pretty. I would say she has 3c hair. I love Scala their site is http://www.skafe.com.br/ver_produto.php?codigo=21

gn1g

tetbelle said:
I didn't read the whole thread but my Au pair is brazilian and Scake products are sooooo good. I have used S.O.S Natu hair cream for my wash and go's and that is the best it gives me curl definition and shine I love it. I can't find it here in New Jersey to save my life. We had her sister send us some from Brazil. They also have relaxer that only texturizes your hair and doesn't straighten it completely. My Aupair is mixed her hair is curly and long very pretty. I would say she has 3c hair. I love Scala their site is http://www.skafe.com.br/ver_produto.php?codigo=21

Anyone else use these products?

Kamilah

Hello Ladies!

I did a google search for the Hene product that was being discussed earlier in this thread. I was able to decipher the majority of the sites I found because I speak Spanish, others I used the google translate feature and deciphered the broken English. Anyhow, this is what I found...

The product comes in two forms, one is a relaxer that just has it as an additive- like Motions has the oil in it. Generally, this is done just for color and its strengthening effects on the hair.

The other form, which is what I think the other Brazilian woman (sorry, I forget your name!) was trying to tell us about is a paste that can either be made at home or purchased in a tube. It can be used relatively often- up to twice a week if needed and traditionally dyes the hair VERY black. There are some newer versions with different colors, but the color isn't naturally derived like the black is. The color is PERMANENT so it does not fade.
HOWEVER, THE PROBLEM WITH THIS FORMULA IS THAT IT CONTAINS VERY HIGH LEVELS OF LEAD. THIS IS LEADING MANY BRAZILIAN WOMEN TO DISCONTINUE ITS USE.

If anyone has started using it, I would recommend that you either discontinue use- or atleast look into this further.I suppose this serves as a warning for us here in the States that we should be very careful when purchasing products from countries that have different federal standards with regard to food/drugs.

All the best!

gn1g

Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if there is a list on this site that list products that contain ingredients that cause cancer. I hear that placenta is one of those ingredients as well.

Muse

bumping....the ladies in the Skala thread may find this interesting.

I'm so glad you bumped this LB. One of the Brazilian ladies mentioned daily cowashes and how women in Brazil wet their hair DAILY. My hair has been THRIVING since cowashing daily with Skala so this just confirms that I should keep it up. Honestly I think I am done with American cons. I plan on using nothing but Brazilian cons for the rest of the year to see how well my hair does.

I am sorry Sassy.

Yes Skala is really popular. I have my jaborandi conditioner cream that I brought last year. I have no idea that they sell skala here. Usually I buy at the brazilian market here in LA when I run out, but they do not have a good selection. Thanks for the site.
Another good brand is OX, it is made with bone marrow oils, mixided with oils, oatmeal, panthenol, etc... Smells so good.
But one thing I noticed, there is something about this weather, or water, or diet that make my hair feels not so good. And plus I used a no-lye relaxer as texturizer one month ago. My hair feels better now, but was a mess.
NOW I wanna know what OX is!!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Ox bone marrow

ox bone marrow apparently promises a healthy, luscious mane

Going against every other beauty manufacturers' bid to rid their products of animal derived extracts - and any remote fears of lingering mad cow disease - the Brazil is audaciously selling bone marrow from oxen as the best way to achieve healthy looking locks.

Last edited: