Breaking all the rules (for him)

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
LOL...it IS easier being single and being able to do all those hair routines but I could leave that any day if I met the man of my dreams...

However, I think there are SO many cute ways to wear your hair naturally without using heat. Some suggestions are braidouts, buns with cute chopsticks, hair ornaments to dress up ponytails. Heck, just a long smooth ponytail is gorgeous to me! I think you may have gotten yourself into a rut with a pressing and you just need that one time where you don't do it...then I think things will change and you'll be ok with however you want to wear your hair. And I would tend to guess that as the relationship grows, you'll feel more comfy about sharing your little hair rituals!

(sorry if some of this was repeated but I didn't read everyone else's post first!)

[/ QUOTE ]

hairlove i agree about the rut thang...just gotta get out of it and break that ice....and it wouldnt hurt to get some "style" goin being natural , besides the pony tail lol

jd_bdfly

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
jd_bdfly said:
I think your side ponytail with the hat cocked to the side style is banging and would work forgoing out. Why not wear that one next time you go out?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that particular hat came with an outfit and its pink...but your right, i think it would be a good idea to go find a few more of them in other colors to have more options.... just have to figure out where to find em

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you don't find that exact hat, I've found that Kangol style hats work really well with the side ponytail look. Though I'm relaxed, I sometimes wear that look on the second or third day of a braidout (when it's not fresh enough to wear down anymore), so it's a similar "natural-ish" effect. I always get compliments when I wear it like that.

frankie

I too recently started dating a new guy, who met me when my hair was out...I usually wear a head wrap to protect my hair because it isn't long enough for protective styles yet, and because it's quick and easy. So I made a point to introduce him to my wrapped up head...in addition to my do-rag. He said it was cool...he thinks I'm cute regardless
!

So don't worry about your ponytails and stop neglecting your regimen...any guy worth the effort to press your hair for will understand that we have to take certain measures to have beautiful, healthy hair...and I'm sure he'd rather you keep the hair you have
, then risk losing it to damage just to be cute for a couple of dates. I'm sure your even irresistible in a ponytail

CaramelKiss

Your hair is slammin'!!!! Girl, it is gorgeous both ways! But I love the braid out/natural look better. MAybe u should experiment with some clips and a good hair gel to stop the poof effect. Pantene has a good gel without the alcohol. But girl, u don't need tips from me, please tell us how u grew your hair????

Also, I understand how u feel about the swangin' hair. I love that look too and went back to the iron a month ago, but I stopped after 1 month. Even though I wasn't using it often, it was often enough that it was starting to fry off my ends. My husband wants to throw it away. He loves my hair au natural and chances are this guy will too. I know how easy it is to feel confident with sleek hair, but u also have all that length and u can do a whole lotta styling with that!!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
frankie said:
I too recently started dating a new guy, who met me when my hair was out...I usually wear a head wrap to protect my hair because it isn't long enough for protective styles yet, and because it's quick and easy. So I made a point to introduce him to my wrapped up head...in addition to my do-rag. He said it was cool...he thinks I'm cute regardless
!

So don't worry about your ponytails and stop neglecting your regimen...any guy worth the effort to press your hair for will understand that we have to take certain measures to have beautiful, healthy hair...and I'm sure he'd rather you keep the hair you have
, then risk losing it to damage just to be cute for a couple of dates. I'm sure your even irresistible in a ponytail

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that you said....well except for the irresistible in the pony tail part lol..this pony tail has just gotten plain old to me...although im thankfull its even there

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelKiss said:
Your hair is slammin'!!!! Girl, it is gorgeous both ways! But I love the braid out/natural look better. MAybe u should experiment with some clips and a good hair gel to stop the poof effect. Pantene has a good gel without the alcohol. But girl, u don't need tips from me, please tell us how u grew your hair????

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you gurl....my hair just dont work too many ways, but im'a try some new things with it still....i grew my hair by not relaxing or pressing
..and i been doin a whole bunch of that lately..nah it was that, and good products, nutrition, and time...all of our hair is constantly growing all the time...its just getting through the "time" part and taking good care of it in the process
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I understand how u feel about the swangin' hair. I love that look too and went back to the iron a month ago, but I stopped after 1 month. Even though I wasn't using it often, it was often enough that it was starting to fry off my ends. My husband wants to throw it away. He loves my hair au natural and chances are this guy will too. I know how easy it is to feel confident with sleek hair, but u also have all that length and u can do a whole lotta styling with that!!

[/ QUOTE ] ...well i wish someone would hook me up with some style
...i dont trust no stylists and im sure not one...so that leaves me with the pony tail thus far...but im'a work on it though

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
zoya_j said:
Your hair is beautiful. I love your ponytail, can't wait til mines gets that long

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you!!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
blaxalrose said:
Irresistable, your hair is beautiful. I doubt he'd say anything about your hair being natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

he betta not !! if he wants to be up the mix, and knows whats good for him lol..no its not worry about him..i just hate wearing the dang pony tail after wearing it this way day after day after day for years....its far from "special" to go out with in in my eyes and mind....maybe i'll go buy a wig for somethin different , a blond one at that hehehe lol

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
blaxalrose said:
Irresistable, your hair is beautiful. I doubt he'd say anything about your hair being natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah and thank you for the compliment...sorry i was distracted by my blood starting to boil at the thought of him sayin somethin about my hair in its natural state...whew lawd girl i had images speakin my mind on that one for real lol

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
blaxalrose said:

[/ QUOTE ]

he betta not !! if he wants to be up the mix, and knows whats good for him lol..no its not worry about him..i just hate wearing the dang pony tail after wearing it this way day after day after day for years....its far from "special" to go out with in in my eyes and mind....maybe i'll go buy a wig for somethin different , a blond one at that hehehe lol

[/ QUOTE ]

dang ....just thinkin about what i just said....maybe some of this is midlife crisis??
...do women get that?

deeplyrooted

[ QUOTE ]
caress said:
Do you wear your hair out loose and curly?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know if this was directed to me or home girl who started the thread, but as for me, yes, i wear my hair out and curly, frizzy, nappy; in all it's splendor. the first time we met up, i was sportin' a curly 'fro with a headband to hold it back with lots of olive oil in it for moisture. he claimed my hair smelled like pizza and that it made him hungry.
LMAO