Brenda Silker

azul11

okay i am trying to get a mental picture of this cut you guys are describing. it seems in my head to look like a mullet type of cut where she cuts the top and the bottom.
God bless you all.

G

Pandora, Thanks.

I was ROTFCU @ Londondiva and some of the other responses..

Oh dear...

firecracker

:lachen: I just found this lady's site while doing a internet search. Wow she is not a happy camper when someone doesn't agree with her.

Oh WOW, look up "ignorance" in the dictionary, and you'll get this little spiff...a testimonial written by a "happy customer" I assume. Brace youselves!!! (a little lengthy)

Brenda,
I just wanted to thank you for a no-nonsense approach to black hair growth. I have to share my story with you.

For as long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with long hair. Even to this day, I always equate true African American Beauty with long hair.:perplexed

I thought that I was unable to grow my hair out. I have tried it all! From vitamins to "wonder tonics" I was even taking Brewer's yeast in its purest form because I was told it would make my hair grow (smell it and you will understand how drastic this is).

So here I was with this dilemma. I was going broke trying to get my hair to grow. I finally got this revelation that if I got my hair done professionally on a weekly basis, my hair would surely grow because they were the experts. WRONG AGAIN!

When I met my hairdresser that took LOTS of my money, she immediately cut the hair that I was trying to grow out about 3 inches shorter. I cried for a week!! She assured me that only healthy hair would grow back. A year later, yes my hair had a much better texture, but I really did not see any phenomenal growth. Finally, financial difficulties forced me to only going to get my hair relaxed.

That's when I started my quest to find the solution to having long hair. I know that it must be in my genetic make-up to have healthy hair because I have lots of Indian and Caucasian in my ancestry. My family is quite fair skinned. That's what confused me so much about my nappy, dry, short, brittle hair.

I then stumbled across two valuable resources. One was a book by Cathy Howse called Ultra Black Hair Growth and of course your website. For the most part you guys agree. In fact the only thing you guys don't agree on is the need for trimming. I must admit that for a while I refused to cut my hair, but it was starting to get "see through". I did not want that so I read your book. My hair now looks so much thicker and healthier.

I got 4 comments about my hair growing from other women. They also commented about how healthy my hair looked. I was ecstatic

Thus, I know that I am on my way to that head of hair I always dreamed about. No more weave for this sister! Thanks so much for your advice. I know my hair will be just as beautiful as yours in a matter of time.

uhhh, someone needs to school this sista! Obviously with all that Indian and Caucasian heritage, you'd think she'd have hair all down her back like some of the beautiful 4b sistas here. This site is nothing more but a good laugh!

okay, one more thing ladies...from the site...

"If you weren't born with nappy hair, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. Curly, wavy, tangled hair does not count. If you are bald or balding, you will not find your answers here. Only nappy-headed survivors can appreciate the information this report examines."

I can't stop laughing over here. Since when was having "nappy hair" some sort of natural disaster? It took her from 1997 to 2004 to grow her hair to armpit!!!

firecracker

redRiot said:
okay, one more thing ladies...from the site...

"If you weren't born with nappy hair, YOU ARE IN THE WRONG PLACE. Curly, wavy, tangled hair does not count. If you are bald or balding, you will not find your answers here. Only nappy-headed survivors can appreciate the information this report examines."

I can't stop laughing over here. Since when was having "nappy hair" some sort of natural disaster? It took her from 1997 to 2004 to grow her hair to armpit!!!

:lachen: :lachen: I was like her journey ain't that inspiring dat took too long. :lachen:

Mars_Reiko

I'm so late, but I just stumbled upon her website. I wasn't at all impressed with her hair journey. It seems like her hair has been the same length for a looong time. I'm not a hair expert, but I started out with shoulder length hair and reached apl in about 5 months. Also I watched the lil commercial clip for her dvd and her hair looked very dry at the ends.

mscocoface

Okay, I am clueless but would like to know. Where is her site or the article? Can someone PM me with it?

baby42

i guess she would die if she seen some of the head of hair on this site and for 5 dollar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lachen: nope i stay here:) i can buy a bottle of bt and other stuff befor i give her any money:)

baby42

mscocoface said:
Okay, I am clueless but would like to know. Where is her site or the article? Can someone PM me with it?
look back up this site and you see someone posted her site you can see her but you have to pay for her book

Mahalialee4

The one helpful and true piece of information was about the comb shredding your hair. I now use a bone comb only. I have a wooden comb but haven't used it for a long time. Otherwise, the rest of the info would not work for me.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
wow, i read this report at the very begining of my hair journey. after reading her report i started taking care of my hair. this was in 2004. i use to go get my scissor sharpened every month (ssotp) i called myself being like her, by not using oil, moisturizers, just conditioner. that was all crap! :wallbash: i followed her report to the T and my hair broke broke broke and broke.

:grin:and then i found moisturizers like scurl and care free curl and started bunning, and BOOM!, mad hair growth!