BSL by Dec 2011

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Got a trim yesterday......

I finally wacked that tail off but I feel so far from BSL. I'm going to have to retain every single inch this year to make it to BSL. *deep sigh*

ETA- On the bright side, upon examination of my siggy pic, looks like the bottom of BSL for me is also MBL. *sigh of relief*:look:

Looking good, as always. I'm in a need of a trim also so I know I'll be losing some length too when I decide to trim. Do you self-trim?

chelseatiara

so excited!!! my hair feels looks and is soo long to me now considering it take a half a bottle of 14.5 oz conditioner to cowash( minus a few spoonfuls). and i was being frugal :)

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Those are nice bangs
Sure why not :yep:

Sent from MyTouch 4G, using LHCF app.....

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Looking good, as always. I'm in a need of a trim also so I know I'll be losing some length too when I decide to trim. Do you self-trim?

Thank you! I'm in cosmo school this year and had my instructor trim only the bottom layer. I re-trimmed the layers throughout the rest of my hair by cutting it at a 90 deg angle.

I hate losing length too but it does make the hair look a lot thicker.

Your bun is so thick and lush! :drool:

thecurlycamshow

Just checking in. I've been wearing twists and baggying more than usual since I've been outside more playing in the snow :) Still positive about reaching BSL although it seems like a tougher milestone than APL which was quick.

EbonyCPrincess

I've been so MIA from this challenge, but its because all my computers are broken and LHCF is blocked on campus! GRRRRRR! Glad to see we're all doing well. I've been stickin to my reggie to a "t", and being incredibly lazy which turns out to be a good thing since I don't feel like styling my hair, just been wiggin' it. My goal is/was to hit full BSL by my birthday at the end of May and I feel I'm totally on track with it.

sweetpeadee

I have not updated since the beginning of the month...I actually haven't even been on the LHCF since the beginning of the month!!! I have hit some hard times, and LHCF and my hair were the farthest things from my mind. Unfortunately, my stressing out has also caused my hair to shed more than usual. :ohwell:

Once I get the chance (and funds), I'm going to get sulfur and MegaTek. MT has done wonders for me before, but I'm going to kick it up a notch with the sulfur. I also plan to add garlic suppliments so that I can ward off the shedding!

For now, I have my hair in twists right now and I'm going to leave these in for 2 weeks (hopefully) and then I'll wear the twist out for a week!

discodumpling

Check in. I'm still wearing my hair mostly in one or two braids, or a pony. Sometimes i'll add a bang for excitement! I don't really know if it's growing because my hair seems to shrink up even more as it gets longer so the only way to truly guage my length would be to flat iron.

I've managed to stick with my regi so far.Wash every 3-4 days.Cowash if needed after a workout or just water only rinse. Shealoe for moisture & a daily multi. Even that sounds like a lot to me!

GreenD

Hi Ladies,
I'm not sure when/what I posted last, since I've been a bit MIA as of lately. So here's the skinny:

I just put in a fresh set of box braids using my hair
I will do my best to just wash once a month when I take these out
I will spritz twice a day and continue to keep my ends moisturized
I will attempt to oil my scalp once a week or as needed

And that's about it. Last time I checked I needed about 4 inches to BSL, so I'm guessing I won't be BSL until much later in the year.

Happy hair growing!!

Adonia1987

Checkin in. I did a HOT with a mix of amla, avocado, and grapeseed oil. I shampooed with Yes to Carrots Shampoo( Looove it) I am now DCing with Joico Intense Hydrator. I will use Honey Dew as a leave in and seal with Whipped Pudding. My hair is going back to cornrows until next sunday.

esi.adokowa

Got a trim yesterday......

I finally wacked that tail off

Love it! Fresh ends look so..fresh!
:grin:

Took down my micros last night. Detangled, conditioned, and did a mild protein treatment (apHogee 2 minute). I'll be rocking large cornrows under my wig until I relax.
Stopped sulfur application this weekend to prepare my hair for my relaxer on the sixteenth.

For those of you that still relax, or used to relax, what are your favourite pre-relaxer rituals?

TruMe

I don't really know if it's growing because my hair seems to shrink up even more as it gets longer

I've managed to stick with my regi so far.Wash every 3-4 days.Cowash if needed after a workout or just water only rinse. Shealoe for moisture & a daily multi. Even that sounds like a lot to me!

I was feeling the same way also. Just tried to stop thinking about it and realized that my hair was growing by expanding first with fullness and then as the weight takes its toll, it will start to fall.

The bolded is exactly what I do. I just alternate between cowashing and shampooing on the the wash days.

NikkiQ

Sorry ladies, but I'm gonna bow out of this challenge. I've come to terms with the fact that I will not make BSL this year no matter how hard I try. Good luck ladies and HHG! :wave:

chelseatiara

Sorry ladies, but I'm gonna bow out of this challenge. I've come to terms with the fact that I will not make BSL this year no matter how hard I try. Good luck ladies and HHG! :wave:

really??!!! it's still jan and your bowing out :perplexed if you *positive* then ok but i still hope you come check on us every now and then and find yourself some inspiration...

Katherina

Regimen Change!

Medium sized single braids (~35) while I work out to perfect my beach body! :strong:

These are the best style for growing my hair, they are easy to do and maintain, and they prevent breakage at my hairline (no more tight ponytails or buns because of the hairline breakage :sad:). I do an oil treatment weekly and unbraid, remove shed hair, detangle, and rebraid each one by one. I shampoo in the same braids whenever my hair or scalp feels dirty. I then condition overnight under a scarf.

I will not be wearing small braids / twists because they are too much manipulation.

Legally Natural

Checking in. I have been wearing my hair in braids for the past month. I co-wash on Wednesday and Friday. I do my shampoo and DC on Sunday. Exercising during the week and taking my vitamins. I plan to re-do my braids during the law school's winter break (aka anti-suicide days) around February 18th, and I do the same method as Elle97. I have been getting a lot of good growth, but I can't pinpoint the exact cause so I am going to say that it is a mixture of everything. Oh yeah, I plan to trim some of my ends when I re-braid.

HHG

theLovelyStyle

Love it! Fresh ends look so..fresh!
:grin:

Took down my micros last night. Detangled, conditioned, and did a mild protein treatment (apHogee 2 minute). I'll be rocking large cornrows under my wig until I relax.
Stopped sulfur application this weekend to prepare my hair for my relaxer on the sixteenth.

For those of you that still relax, or used to relax, what are your favourite pre-relaxer rituals?
I try to leave my hair alone as much as possible and keep my scalp well oiled. I use PStyles that cause the least amount of tangles/knots near the roots!

ImanAdero

I've really gotta stop being so darn impulsive..

::sigh::

So I did the organix line 30 day Keratin Treatment. I think there was a thread about it on here...

Either way I did it, hair definitely feels nice and soft after washing it out... Only problem is my hair went from 3c/4a to about 3b-4a... So hopefully because of the high heat, I don't have heat damage... I'll just have to see at the end of February.

If I need to, I'm gonna do a Reconstructor (although I've technically got the Keratin protein thing going on), I just want to make sure my hair is in the best health possible...

And I was thinking about dying my hair lighter again...

I must be sabotaging my LHCF life, lol.

Anywho, I'll check back in in 30 days, I'll probably get a trim somewhere in there and see where this Keratin thing takes me.

HHG!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Still chilling and doing my BSL thing. Today made a week with my cornrows that I wear under my wig. Nothing much, beside my normal M&S 2x/day. I will be keeping these in for a total of 3 weeks.

WorkInProgress88

Still chilling and doing my BSL thing. Today made a week with my cornrows that I wear under my wig. Nothing much, beside my normal M&S 2x/day. I will be keeping these in for a total of 3 weeks.

M&S? what this and how has it worked for ya thus far?

shasha8685

Checking in.

I'm still bunning my hair but I've found different ways to bun my hair so I don't get bored. My switch back to my staple DCs have helped my hair tremendously. My hair is feeling moisturized and strong :yep:

Air drying has been good for my hair too :yep:

Khaiya

Hi ladies, trudging along towards my goal slowly but surely. I've started my scalp massages again, thinking of throwing some sulfur in the mix to see if it will work for me. I hate the smell tho so we'll see how that works out.

4everbeautifull1

Checking in, I am feeling confident about reaching my BSL goals! I am getting really good results from my scalp massages, cowashing and my sulfur oil. :)

Evo-ny

Quick question for you all, what's your definition of BSL? Is it when you hit the top, middle, bottom, or past the band? Sure, that's usually only a difference of about an inch or so, not to mention bras can be worn all over the place, but when do you feel that you can actually claim it?

WorkInProgress88

alright ya'll, got tired of the halfwig so my friend made a quick weave on a cap for me (i can remove it nightly to moisturize and wash). I sewed in clips on the sides, one in the front and the back to secure it when i do wear it during the day.

The hair is one of those Outre Duby Packs that cost somewhere around $10

I can make this last for a month, so thats what im gonna do

My hair is in some ratchett cornrows underneath (im still learning how to cornrow by myself)

(excuse the weird faces im making)

Aireen

UPDATE: My 4th month stretch comes to an end in 6 days but I'm thinking of stretching until 5 months and if I can handle that, 5.5 to 6 months. Basically I want to relax in the spring. I'm getting really anxious since waiting is making me want to be in and do crazy things to my hair but patience is key and I'll reap the rewards of healthier hair if I take care of it properly during my stretch. Main things I have to remember so far: detangle with oil on wash day, finger comb my hair as much as possible, and use moisturizing conditioners.

I'm in a ceramide challenge so starting from my next wash I'll be using ceramide rich moisturizing conditioners or adding in ceramide rich oils into my regimen. I'm happy for this because I wanted to join the ceramide bandwagon for a long time since it seems cheap enough to join, there aren't really any bad side effects, and the evidence of prolonged use is convincing enough. Hopefully I can buy my safflower or sunflower oil this weekend to be able to participate next wash.

Since I'm doing my stretch and I don't moisturize, seal, or use leave-in conditioner in my hair anymore, I'm focusing on pre-pooing my edges and nape. In my last update I stated I'd be using a molasses-oil-conditioner mixture to help nurture that area. It's only been two applications of at least 20 minutes of leaving it in my hair and my edges are more tame during my stretch. Before they were unmanageable and I would always have to take off my net scarf to brush back my edges into places when they became unruly. Now they're behaving and that's a huge improvement in my eyes. During this stretch, they've been hard to maintain and I'm happy that they're staying in place for now. The area is now a lot softer and I can't wait for an increase in benefits as I stick with this routine. As of now, I'm using Yes to Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner, Unsulfured Molasses, and EVOO. When I get my safflower or sunflower oil, I'll be using less EVOO in the mixture. I'm thinking of taking some pictures for a before and after reveal to share on LHCF to help out other people who have trouble with their edges but I'm not sure yet. We'll see. :scratchch