BSL by Dec 2011

Checking in. I am still doing the sulfur thing and alternating between that and Brahmi oil and I believe it's working. I am almost 8 weeks post and thinking about stretching to 14 or 16 weeks. I think I will be in for a pleasant surprise the longer I wait. :)

Today made 2 wks of me wearing these cornrows under my LF....One more week to go before I am out of these. Hhhmmmm maybe I can go an extra week and make it 4 idk idk.....

Sent from MyTouch 4G, using LHCF app.....

I know that I'm overreacting but I believe my hair is breaking :ohwell: I don't have proof other than what I see in the mirror and the hairs I see on my sink are definitely shed hairs; my hair just seems so short and uneven. Yes, I do have new growth and dealing with a bit of shrinkage but c'mon! I just don't understand. I wear PS daily either a bun for the week or half wigs. I wonder what the heck is going on. :nono:

chasturner84 have you switched any of your products up lately? My hair started breaking more that normal when I switched from my staple DCs. Have introduced anything new to your reggie?

@shasha8685 That's just it. Nothing has changed so that's why I can't figure out what's happening. My hair isn't dry or anything like that; I balance protein and moisture. I don't use heat...well, maybe that's it. Maybe I need to straighten my hair to see if it is truly breaking or if my hair seems so thin and uneven because my roots are puffy. IDK :pullhair: I'll use my ApHogee 2 step this weekend then evaluate my hair's condition. :perplexed

Took a recent pic of my hair... It's in my siggy, although I have about 1.5 inches of new growth that isn't straightened too well. Hopefully I'll make BSB this year.. I've come to realize that I may be a slow grower :(

One week later and the braids are now twists.

I don't remember what month I said I wanted to reach BSL, but I'm setting my goal at mid-June, :pray: since I'll be straightening my hair then. 2" in four months!

ETA: If I have to trim when I straighten in June, IDK if I'll be BSL. Major sigh! I must get my ends in order!

Last edited:
I know that I'm overreacting but I believe my hair is breaking :ohwell: I don't have proof other than what I see in the mirror and the hairs I see on my sink are definitely shed hairs; my hair just seems so short and uneven. Yes, I do have new growth and dealing with a bit of shrinkage but c'mon! I just don't understand. I wear PS daily either a bun for the week or half wigs. I wonder what the heck is going on. :nono:

chasturner84, i am so sad to hear this!:sad:

many times during our journey, we will see our hair looking in a way we're not accustomed to seeing it simply because it's still in the "growing out and settling in" stage.
then to us, that looks awkward because it's new and different.

you've been ps'ing, but do you do that with wet and/or damp hair?
if so, that right there can accentuate the illusion of less hair, especially when hairs are at different lengths and playing "catch up".

what's really a positive indication of how your hair is doing is what you are finding in the sink.....shed hairs, NOT broken hairs.

maybe this is the season for your new hairs to come in fresh and healthy to replace those shed hairs!:yep: you know our hair has its cycles, just like us, lol!

i'm glad you're staying on the ball with your protein/moisture balance and you might want to step it up a bit just to compensate for all the bunning.

i think it's a good idea to take a look to see your hair dry and straight just to check that it's alright, but can you do that without heat sugar?

your hair is growing so beautifully that if you can avoid the heat, it's always good! besides, i don't want any heat messing with that gawgeous ponytail i love seeing!:grin:

when i absolutely cannot go any longer without "seeing" my hair, i wrap it just to get it flat and straight enough to assess.

oh, also, remember that hairnorexia is a common and serious problem with the ladies on here (myself included!). once we "get used to seeing our hair at a certain length" it starts looking short and scraggly, but trust me my friend, IT IS AN OPTICAL ILLUSION!:spinning:

before deciding that your hair has really gone wrong, wait and see how it is after some treatments and maybe the dry/straight assessment.

by all means, please keep us posted so we can help you get through this sweetie pie!

hugs!

@chasturner84, i am so sad to hear this!:sad:

many times during our journey, we will see our hair looking in a way we're not accustomed to seeing it simply because it's still in the "growing out and settling in" stage.
then to us, that looks awkward because it's new and different.

you've been ps'ing, but do you do that with wet and/or damp hair?
if so, that right there can accentuate the illusion of less hair, especially when hairs are at different lengths and playing "catch up".

what's really a positive indication of how your hair is doing is what you are finding in the sink.....shed hairs, NOT broken hairs.

maybe this is the season for your new hairs to come in fresh and healthy to replace those shed hairs!:yep: you know our hair has its cycles, just like us, lol!

i'm glad you're staying on the ball with your protein/moisture balance and you might want to step it up a bit just to compensate for all the bunning.

i think it's a good idea to take a look to see your hair dry and straight just to check that it's alright, but can you do that without heat sugar?

your hair is growing so beautifully that if you can avoid the heat, it's always good! besides, i don't want any heat messing with that gawgeous ponytail i love seeing!:grin:

when i absolutely cannot go any longer without "seeing" my hair, i wrap it just to get it flat and straight enough to assess.

oh, also, remember that hairnorexia is a common and serious problem with the ladies on here (myself included!). once we "get used to seeing our hair at a certain length" it starts looking short and scraggly, but trust me my friend, IT IS AN OPTICAL ILLUSION!:spinning:

before deciding that your hair has really gone wrong, wait and see how it is after some treatments and maybe the dry/straight assessment.

by all means, please keep us posted so we can help you get through this sweetie pie!

hugs!

Awww thanks Grow! I'm going to do a protein treatment this weekend and a serious DC so I can evaluate my hair's condition. I'm going to continue to stretch and keep manipulation low and see what happens in June. I'm pretty sure that heat will NOT be touching my hair until then. I'll keep you guys posted.

I think tha tI will be BSL by April (May at the lastest). I have been stretching my braids to check my length and I am almost below shoulder blade. I am so excited!

I decided I am gonna do the Lady Paniolo deep moisture reggie under my wigs. It made perfect sense because I wear wigs 90% of the time. I braided my hair down in cornrows with Keracare humecto conditioner(no rinsing) and sealed with Organix coconut mik serum and Argan Oil. I plan to redo my cornrows every 4wks. I still have not hit APL yet especially after my trim. I am not sure if I am gonna hit BSL by Dec2011 my hair grows extremely slow:(

Hi Ladies,

I haven't checked in for a while. I just measured my hair and I have about 2.5-3 inches to reach before claiming BSL. I'll trim about half an inch in June, so I may not make BSL until July/Aug. (fingers crossed). I just updated these pics in the APL Challenge (which I finally made).

Attachments

• HPIM2164(2).jpg
    HPIM2164(2).jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 19
  • HPIM2165(2).jpg
    HPIM2165(2).jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 17
I have 1 full inch of growth...I am keeping my ends moist and I feel like I may be past BSL by December...maybe even by summer which would be nice.

Still braided up trying to make this 2011 goal.... Getting a quickweave wig mad for Feb to hidemy hair under. Less is more they say huh? Well Im leaving this hair alone as much as possible!

Hi ladies,

It's been months since I've updated. I had 1.5 inches taken off during my last touch up during the last week of December. My ends had thinned out - it was a happy cut. I started off the new year with fresh ends and looking forward to reaching BSL this year! Whooooooooo lol

Here is my hair 6 weeks ago. My next touch up is in 4 weeks. I'm currently at line 2, APL and am striving to reach BSB, just a little bit below line 3 by June 2011 and BSL, line 5, by December.

That's it for me at the moment. Good night all! HHG!

IMAG0243.jpg

#UGH

I'm bored with my hair... Any suggestions anyone so I'm not tempted to do something drastic?

Also I recommend to NOT use organix Keratin Treatment... Maybe my hair is just prone to heat damage, but I feel like one Hot @ss Mess right now :(

So yeah, I need a LHCF pick me up...

ImanAdero,

I know exactly how you feel. I read that another poster protective styles when she gets mad at her hair, and when I tried it, it worked! I do braids or twists when I'm bored or frustrated. Twists, twists, twists!

Awww thanks Grow! I'm going to do a protein treatment this weekend and a serious DC so I can evaluate my hair's condition. I'm going to continue to stretch and keep manipulation low and see what happens in June. I'm pretty sure that heat will NOT be touching my hair until then. I'll keep you guys posted.

chasturner84, i meant to aslo ask you: how often are you doing your treatments?

i've noticed that when i don't do at least 2 dc treatments a week, my hair starts feeling iffy...then icky.

also, i am soooooo relieved to know you won't be going near the heat anytime soon! whew!:grin: thanks for keeping us posted!

@chasturner84, i meant to aslo ask you: how often are you doing your treatments?

i've noticed that when i don't do at least 2 dc treatments a week, my hair starts feeling iffy...then icky.

also, i am soooooo relieved to know you won't be going near the heat anytime soon! whew!:grin: thanks for keeping us posted!

grow I only do 1 DC/week because I DC with heat and then overnight. Since I have a office job, I can't DC like I want to (overnight) and have my hair dry and presentable for the office the next morn; so I can only go for once a week. That way I can take my time with my hair.

My hair doesn't really feel terrible, it just looks terrible to me when wet. It looks like I have about 5 strands of hair and they are all different lengths :nono: and the shrinkage I'm dealing with isn't helping. :ohwell: I haven't exactly seen my hair completely dry and straight because I bun while damp (not wet) and usually leave it up until I shampoo again. Yeah, I'm lazy. :rolleyes:

chasturner84, isn't it great to have discovered what our hair really needs?!

i remember when i used to think that my hair loved cones and dc'ing only needed to be done once every 4-6 weeks....not even knowing there was a difference between protein dc's and moisture dc's, lol!

we've come a long way! and it's that knowledge of the right practices that got the hair down our backs in the first place, so don't worry, your hair is going further and further down your back!

i think we all feel like there's less when it's wet...especially with perms in there, too.
yep sweetie, take your time with your hair and bless it as it is blessing you with your dream come true vision for it! (your hair is a dream come true vision for me too!)

UPDATE: I will be relaxing tomorrow, hope I get some great growth! :pray: I can't stretch like I wanted to because my hairdresser's salon will be doing renovations soon. :sad:

Last edited:
Well my friend told me my braids looked a "little raggedy" so I took them out yesterday. I DC'd my hair last night and put them up on the extra large curlformers. I went to sleep expecting to wake up with nice curls that I could rock for a few days and then bun. Wrong! I am not sure if it is the altitude or humidity here in Quito but my hair was still very wet. I put my hair in a french twist secured by my flexi-8. I have no idea what to do with my hair now. I want a style that will not take long, looks nice, and will stretch my hair. Any suggestions? Maybe I will try the curlformers again tonight without my leave-in conditioner with hopes it will dry faster

Update....I wear my bra low so I decided to use BSB as my goal length..

My daughters hand is pointing to the bottom of my shoulder blade...I'm barely scraping but I'm so excited...:lachen::lachen::drunk:BSB 3.jpg

BSB 1.jpg..my goal is to be full BSB by the summer....

Aireen, the perm is great news! i always get excited when there's a perm on board!

good luck and let us know how it went!

Qtee, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

YOU MADE IT!!!!!! YES, YOU ARE DEFINITELY BSB AND MOVING ON!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! YOU'RE REACHING YOUR GOALS!!!

I GOT BOTH MY SULFUR AND MEGATEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

I opened them, but won't be able to start my mix until tonight.... My boyfriend drove to be only an hour away (we're in a 4 hour long distance relationship) and he wanted us to have a night together:eyebrows2... I couldn't say: 'No, I want to make a hair mix so I can reach BSL by the end of 2011!' :lachen: He would have been::huh: :nuts: Sadly, I left them last night, but we will be reunited today!!!!!

sweetpeadee: Hahahahaha you are to funny. I basically live with my boyfriend and I always have to wait until the morning to put my hair products in my hair, because he hates how JBCO smells and my Dr. Miracles is just a no no before bedtime to him :grin:

Back