BSL by Dec 2011

Fhrizzball

@Chinwen2006

It came at gorgeous. So quick weaves aren't reusable like wigs are after awhile? I have my first sew in on and I'm not liking it so much so I think after this I may try my hand at a quickweave.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
alright ya'll, got tired of the halfwig so my friend made a quick weave on a cap for me (i can remove it nightly to moisturize and wash). I sewed in clips on the sides, one in the front and the back to secure it when i do wear it during the day.

The hair is one of those Outre Duby Packs that cost somewhere around $10

I can make this last for a month, so thats what im gonna do

My hair is in some ratchett cornrows underneath (im still learning how to cornrow by myself)

(excuse the weird faces im making)

You back in the H? I can use that style... Your friends does other ppl hair?

ms.tatiana

Hey Ladies: So after re-reading my post about keeping my french braids in the front with my individuals in the back for 6 weeks I totally forgot all about VALENTINES DAY lol. So I can't keep my braids in for as long I predicted :sad:.

I'm going to take them down next Friday which will make them have been in my hair for 3 weeks :ohwell:. I need to get a trim on my ends since they haven't been touched since last March & I want an hot oil treatment & a weave.

I just didn't want my briads in with the dress I brought :nono:.

WorkInProgress88

@Chinwen2006

It came at gorgeous. So quick weaves aren't reusable like wigs are after awhile? I have my first sew in on and I'm not liking it so much so I think after this I may try my hand at a quickweave.

if handled right it can be reusable, but this one was made with glue on a wig cap so i dont think this one can last as long as a standard wig.

You back in the H? I can use that style... Your friends does other ppl hair?

she does do hair on other people:yep:, but she's located here in nac (still in school)

chickle

Hello! I've been in this challenge for a while, but realized I hadn't posted any pics. Initially I wanted to be BSL by March, but Sept is my new goal. (Breakage is a Beast!)

I have been taking MSM and a multi. I use megatek once a week and condition when needed.

Attachments

• IMG01702.jpg
    IMG01702.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 38

WaistLengthDreams

Hey everyone! I'm still here hiding my hair in a bun. I'll be relaxing my hair next week after 12 weeks. And either tomorrow or Saturday, I'll be clarifying and doing a protein treatment on my hair using Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor.

JennyKenny

Update: Just posted this as a new thread and thought I would post as an update for this challenge just to get additional advice.

Just washed yesterday I counted 9 small pieces of broken hairs. In addition, I noticed a lot of wispy small pieces of hair that are 2-3 inches in length and that appear to be smaller in diameter than my regular shed hair (they are definitely lighter in color and don’t look as thick as the others). Most of the small little 9 pieces broke off when I detangled with my shower comb (about 6 of them). I have 4 a/b natural hair that I usually wash every 7-10 days. On wash days, I detangle, wash and condition. On those days I usually either deep condition or do a pre-poo treatment. I only wear my hair in 2strand twists that I try to moisturize every other day, but sometimes ends up every 2 days. And I wear these twists in a bun. I don’t remember the last time I trimmed my hair. Maybe a year ago. I was trying not to trim my hair and wasn’t sure if I should go ahead and do that.

So, is there reason to be concerned with 9 pieces of breakage?? I hardly notice any during the week. If I do it is about 2 max for the week. And, are those small wispy pieces also breakage too? And, if so, what should I do to curb this problem?? I feel like I am following all of the “rules”.

Any ideas will be much appreciated because I get so disheartened when I see these hairs, especially when I work so hard to grow my hair!!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
alright ya'll, got tired of the halfwig so my friend made a quick weave on a cap for me (i can remove it nightly to moisturize and wash). I sewed in clips on the sides, one in the front and the back to secure it when i do wear it during the day.

The hair is one of those Outre Duby Packs that cost somewhere around $10

I can make this last for a month, so thats what im gonna do

My hair is in some ratchett cornrows underneath (im still learning how to cornrow by myself)

(excuse the weird faces im making)

You and your wig are so pretty! Your brows look nice!:yep:

ThickLongLush

Hello Ladies!

I am new to this site and a bit confused as to how I go about posting.

I am new to everything. I recently had a hair cut in November 2010, and for some reason I experienced another in January 2011. I think my stylist (of nearly 15 yrs.) gets in the zone when cutting hair. I lost about another inch and alot on the sides. Currently, my hair is layred, with the longest (in the back) being about shoulder length.

I am a press and curl girl and I am still not confident enough to do my own hair. So I will continue with a beautician, hopefully, my stylist and I can come to an understanding but if not then I have found someone who specializes in promoting and maintining hair growth.

This is my starting photo. My apologies for the "big face" photo I was hoping to get a shot of my thinning edges. I have abused them with far too much heat. Since this photo I have not used heat on the edges (10days).

Outside of the beauty shop this is how I will retain my hair growth...

Gro Aut (oil scalp every other night/ends nightly)
HairFinity/Fish Oil/Multi-Vitamin
Water & Exercise
Protective styles (Pin-up dos)
Low level manipulation (brushing close to roots not ends/combing-rarely)
Pin Curls

Thanks!

Attachments

• ThickLongLush-Feb11.jpg
    ThickLongLush-Feb11.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 36

Kamilla16

Took down my kinky twists last night :grin::grin::grin: Didn't lose too much hair, but it took forever to detangle that mess! I have about 1.5-2 inches of new growth and it's a mess! I don't think I will continue to stretch longer than 12 weeks... until I can learn to handle the new growth a little better. Can't wait to relax in 2 weeks! Hopefully I'll be about 4 inches away after a nice trim.

grow

hi ladies!

i have not checked back here in a looooong time (holidays, subscription renewal, life, etc..), but i am happy to say my nape has reached BSL!:grin:

the only problem is that it's just my nape right now and it is discouraging because i'm don't like the way my ends look.:sad:

i've checked out the thread on the "lead hairs" and totally believe what's written, plus those pictures prove that they do, eventually, fill in.:yep:

but i'd almost rather cut back up to APL just to have full luscious ends!:perplexed

please remind me to keep baggy bunning (the technique that got me from SL in 2010 to where i am now) and wait until the spring to make any major decisions, ladies.:blush:

by then, they might have caught up.....hopefully!:rolleyes:

HHJ ladies!!!:grin:

Evo-ny

Checking in too! I've been in the HYH challenge and I'm just past 5 months post. I've been bunning and using hair sticks to keep this mane under control. When I pull on my hair, I've got a few strands just tickling the very top of BSL. Not for long though, I'm going for a relaxer next week and she'll trim off the last bits of extremely damaged hair from my pre-LHCF days.

Carisa

Checking in! I got a relaxer last december and I plan to stretch until may. Hoperfully by then I will be closer to my goal.

chasturner84

hi ladies!

i have not checked back here in a looooong time (holidays, subscription renewal, life, etc..), but i am happy to say my nape has reached BSL!:grin:

the only problem is that it's just my nape right now and it is discouraging because i'm don't like the way my ends look.:sad:

i've checked out the thread on the "lead hairs" and totally believe what's written, plus those pictures prove that they do, eventually, fill in.:yep:

but i'd almost rather cut back up to APL just to have full luscious ends!:perplexed

please remind me to keep baggy bunning (the technique that got me from SL in 2010 to where i am now) and wait until the spring to make any major decisions, ladies.:blush:

by then, they might have caught up.....hopefully!:rolleyes:

HHJ ladies!!!:grin:

Grow!!!! You're back!!!:wavey: I am also dealing with a lead hairs issue. The last 3" are almost BSL but they are basically see through IMO. I was debating on trimming to APL but I have decided to wait until I finish the first part of the HYH challenge before I make my next move. If my ends have filled in then, I will continue dusting and then do a major trim in Dec. If not, I will trim then and pray that I make it to BSL this year.

Definitely continue baggy bunning because you have made excellent progress doing so :yep:

Vonnieluvs08

Hey Ladies!! I'm bout through with my hair right now so I'm in braids (my own hair) until March 4th. Probably will repeat in March for another 3 weeks.

I did a henna treatment on Thursday for 6 hours then DC'd/sealed with my ceramide oil mix. I used my bonnet dryer to help dry my hair about 80-90% stretching as it dried. I used oyin dew, mozeke twisting cream, and avocado butter for the braids. They are very small (for me) I would consider them mini/micro braids. I've been moisturizing twice a day and sealing with my ceramide mix.

My longest layers (nape and up to crown) are beyond APL and my front (except bangs) and crown are below SL. I dusted about 1/8 inch and will continue to do this once a month until the summer time. I may get a cut/trim before them but I don't want to straighten.

Still hoping to make it to healthy BSL by September.

Carisa

We'll be stretching buddies! I also got a relaxer in Dec. I will be stretching until June/July. :ohwell:

Yeah!!!! This is my first time stretching this long but I never really had a problem with controlling the new growth. I might stretch mines to june instead of may too (stretching is addictive lol)

Hey Ladies!! I'm bout through with my hair right now so I'm in braids (my own hair) until March 4th. Probably will repeat in March for another 3 weeks.

:yep: This is me! I am in cornrows and I plan to keep them in for two months (from jan 20th-march 20th) then I will repeat again from the end of march and leave it in for 2 more months- I think this will help me stretch until summer

Last edited:

shasha8685

Checking in. Got tree braids yesterday so I'll be braided up for awhile. Check the pics!

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 51

shasha8685

They look nice!!! I want some! How long do they last? And are they hard to take out?

Thanks!

They last between 6-8 weeks and aren't hard to take out since they are just small cornrows with some of the extension hair taken out to mimic the weave look :yep:

theLovelyStyle

I just cut off 1.5 inches of "dead" hair, YAY!! This puts me back 3.5-4.0 inches to BSL. I think I can still make BSL by the end of the year though!

chevere62

Still in box braids. Since I have been traveling around a lot I have not had the opportunity to DC in two weeks! I am not sure if I should take these braids out at the end of this week or the end of next week. Maybe I will post pictures so you ladies can help me decide. Still using my sulfur mix. So far in two weeks I am able to stick my pinky finger under all braids and my index finger under some. Not sure how many inches that is though.

sweetpeadee

I just ordered my sulfur and MT!!!! I plan on alternating between the 2 nightly. Weekly co-washes and twists are the plan until I come up with something new...

chasturner84

Yeah!!!! This is my first time stretching this long but I never really had a problem with controlling the new growth. I might stretch mines to june instead of may too (stretching is addictive lol)

Sure is! :yep: I'm always trying to beat my last stretch and I don't care if it's by a week or a day. The feeling when I've stretch longer than before makes me feel like :dance7:

grow

Grow!!!! You're back!!!:wavey: I am also dealing with a lead hairs issue. The last 3" are almost BSL but they are basically see through IMO. I was debating on trimming to APL but I have decided to wait until I finish the first part of the HYH challenge before I make my next move. If my ends have filled in then, I will continue dusting and then do a major trim in Dec. If not, I will trim then and pray that I make it to BSL this year.

Definitely continue baggy bunning because you have made excellent progress doing so :yep:

@chasturner84, awww, thank you for the warm welcome back sugar!
:thankyou::sweet::bighug:

i also appreciate your solidarity with these "lead hairs" we deal with!:yep:

you've got a great game plan and you KNOW i love love love your ponytail!!!:yep::grin:

thanks for the vote for the baggy bunning, hun! i know it is good for my hair, but it just get so b.o.r.i.n.g. after a while.
march will make 1 FULL YEAR that i've been making that my "signature style". folks think that's the only way i wear my hair :rolleyes:because they almost never see me with it out, lol!:lachen:

anyway, good luck with your stretch sweetie pie!:clap:

and to all of you stretchers: congratulations on having learned the techiniques to do such a great thing for your hair! BRAVA!:grin:

Last edited:

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Checking in. Got tree braids yesterday so I'll be braided up for awhile. Check the pics!

:love:
They look so beautiful!
I've always wanted to get some tree braids, just so I can take a break from my hair, but I'm having trouble finding someone in New York who can do them properly. :ohwell:

TruMe

Just hit 14 months post this past weekend!! YEAH!!! Can't wait to do a thorough length check come the end of March. My hair looks soooo full now.