Bun and manipulation

Naphy

Hi girls,

Since I'm not in braids for the moment, I'm doing the bun.
But I think the bun I'm doing requires too much manipulation. What can I do to reduce manipulation ?:confused:
so, today, I washed my hair and air dried it. I combed and brushed my hair in a ponytail.I put my sock bun on my ponytail and wrap it around. I secured the bun with a satin scrunchy. I brush it again to give it a final look.

When I was brushing my hair, I was thinking "too much manipulation :mad:"

But, if I want my bun to look decent, what can I do instead of brushing? Give me some ideas pliz

KEWLKAT103

I used to always wear buns and do them pretty much how you said until I read about low min.
Now, if I'm starting with freshly washed or rinsed hair, I make sure that I rinse it in the direction that I want the bun. After adding my products out of the shower, I gently gather the hair up for my bun. Because my hair is natural, I carefully pull the curls straight as I'm gathering. Put my sock bun and tuck in my ends. If I want the sleek look, I put a scarf on my head for a few minutes. This way a comb or brush never touches my head.
If I start with dry hair, I basically do the same thing. I just add some moisturizer and h2o before scarfing for the sleek look.
HTH

Blossssom

I'm going to have to take a pic of my bun. I don't brush my hair, though. I simply comb through it until it is smooth and then put the clip in.

camellia

I never use a brush on my hair and I wear a bun most of the time. It's not a tight or sleek bun, most of the time I wear it low on the nape of my neck.

I love buns because I consider them very low manipulation. I make a braided bun by braiding my hair into a single braid and then coiling the braid around itself until it's all up. Then I stick a few hairpins in and go. I usually spritz my hair with a little water first and then just smooth it with my fingers.

Blackoutzangel05

I don't use a comb or brush either......On dry hair I use my moisturize, gather my hair and loosely put it in a ponytail. from there I do my donut bun. All the brushing a lot of manipulation. today I wore a phony pony to the side pinned up and didn't brush there either. It had some falling ends in the back so I pinned it up clips and it was pretty nice. Try doing it without brushing or finger combing and see how you like it.

tmichelle

I only make my bun/ponytails on wet hair. After I put leave-in conditioner, Boundless Tresses and Shea butter I then smooth hair grease over it (only on the hair) and brush it back. (If I want extra hold I put the heavy Murphy's stuff on the front. I can keep it looking nice for a week if I wear a scarf at night and a bonnet on top. (BTW, my hair doesn't feel greasy because the grease dissipates within a few hours).