Bun for Growth Challenge

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I'm baaaack!:grin: My hair grew a LOT quicker than I thought it would. I'm 1" from SL and I'm back to bunning full time. I started back about a week ago. Bunning is DA TRUTH!

Ms_Twana

Dang ya'll. We are falling off on checkin in!!!

I'm still bunning. I was saying in the HYH challenge thread that I'm proud of myself. I normally would have BEEN bored with this bun. I wanted to straighten and wear my hair down ALL THE TIME when I was natural. Aww....I've grown up!!! :lachen:

baddison

natural for good
Getting real excited here! I will be joining this challenge as soon as my C&G is over December 2008. :yep: I'll start with 6months. And I will definitely have to wear some type of phony until my NL/SL hair grows. Whoohoooo.....here I come!!:grin:

I committed to 6-mos in this challenge. And I am so pleased that I stuck with it. I even went a wee bit longer than the 6 months. Even though at times i just wanted to give up 'cause I was getting sick 'n' tired of bunning:wallbash: , my hair has benefitted quite well from this challenge, and I am glad I was able to fulfil my entire committment.

I am cheering the rest of the "bunners" from the sidelines. Way to go!!! Keep on keeping on :yep:

shopalong

Hello Ladies,
My hair is about 20in long and I'm familiar with Bunning. It does help your head to retain hair. But, it should not be a tight bun. Tight buns tear out the hairline and nape. A good technique to use to help avoid tearing is to part the hair in the top and wear the bun low on the back of the head. Also, twisting or braiding the ponytail before bunning. It helps the ends to retain more of the conditioning products you may use.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I haven't seen this on the front page in awhile. I'm looking forward to check ins and hoping another challenge will be started soon. I didn't join this so I definitely want to join the next one.

Reecie

When are ya'll going to start checking in? :ohwell: I am dying to see your results. Plus I need inspiration for my personal 4 month no heat/bunning challenge that starts in October for me.