Bun Wearers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allandra

Hello fellow bun wearers. :wave:

Remember, we have to change the position of the base of our bun so we don't put stress on our hair in the same ole spot.

bun at the nape
bun at the middle
bun at the top
bun on the left
bun on the right
bun in the front (if you're bold enough :giggle)

IMFOCSD

I usually wear mine at the back but when my hair gets longer...maybe BSB i will wear buns more often. I think buns done on hair at this length(bsb) can be switched up more often to different positions. Hopefully my layers will have grown enough to fit in the bun enough to keep the ends moist.

g.lo

Hello fellow bun wearers. :wave:

Remember, we have to change the position of the base of our bun so we don't put stress on our hair in the same ole spot.

bun at the nape
bun at the middle
bun at the top
bun on the left
bun on the right
bun in the front (if you're bold enough :giggle)

thanks for the reminder Allandra, but how often is it recommended to switch the position, once/twice a week?

NikkiGirl

I have to force myself to remember. But you are so right with this. I also notice if I bun in the same place too much, my scalp gets sore from the bobbi pins.

Love Always

I miss my bun :(. I use to wear my bun at the nape all the time, once I get some hair again I'm going to bun at the middle and top as well :yep:.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I wore a side bun today, which is very out of the box for me. But I thought it was kind of cute overall. A few of my students complimented my hair today.

regina07

I'm an avid bun wearer and I rotate positions during the workweek (M-F) -- nape, middle of my head, top of my head --- and wear side buns/ponytails on the weekend (think princess leia)

it works for me and I don't feel any spot is thinning or stressed.

LexaKing

I cant wait for my hair to get a little longer so I can wear more decorative buns :) Right now I alternate a basic bun either low or high.

Miss AJ

I did my same old sock bun but I switched it up. I put an angled part in my hair and did the bun to the side. Funny how those simple changes managed to get me a compliment :)

sweetypoo705

Thank you so much for this thread- I just started bunning a few weeks ago! I am getting some great ideas:yep: from all of you!

Lilmama1011

A bun in the front?! I can't see myself doing that unless going for a photo shoot, that can be high fashion but not regular hairstyle lol

FoxxyLocs

I usually wear a high bun, but I generally don't bun for more than a week at a time. If I'm bunning for longer than a week I might switch to a low bun. My buns are never tight though. I've never worn a side bun before.

Shelew

My hair is only between SL and APL and thin so no good looking buns for me. I ordered a ponytail clip today called the mane clip where you can add extension hair to the clip that someone mentioned in another thread. The reviews are mixed when i researched so I am hoping the good reviews are true. Seems like it may help until I can grow my own :)

ElizaBlue

Thanks for posting, Allandra. Good information. I realized that the reason my hair was growing but always in a W formation was because I bun at the top of my head, which I think is the prettiest for me.

The other thing is to not leave the bun up for days at a time. No one does that...right? The hair will dry out and wherever there is pressure there will be breakage.

JazzyOleBabe

I just made my first bun last night. WOO HOO. It's a high one too. Small but never the less all hair is in and it's on the top. Not ready for the world to see yet but I'll get there eventually.:grin::grin:

Lilmama1011

JazzyOleBabe said:
I just made my first bun last night. WOO HOO. It's a high one too. Small but never the less all hair is in and it's on the top. Not ready for the world to see yet but I'll get there eventually.:grin::grin:

So the bun is just for home? Lol

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
When I first joined the forum, many referred to the changing of the bun position as square dancing Allandra. I haven't seen anyone refer to it as that in a very long time. That being said, I square dance the bun position to avoid breakage. I change my bun position daily. I also bun with banana clips which help ease the tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.