I joined the secret bun wearers' society

SweetNic_JA

I joined the secret bun wearers\' society

I've been using the crown and glory technique for about a year. I braid for 3 or more months, relax and keep my hair out for a month and then go back into braids.

Well it's October and my braids are out! I finally grew enough hair to catch my hair up into a decent ponytail and I'm starting to take advantage of it. On Wednesday night I decided to give the bun technique a try. I pulled my hair up into one and then wrapped 1 foot of tracked weave around my pony tail to give it more body. Then I secured it with a head tie and then formed the bun and set it with a couple bobby pins. I wrapped my head with my silk scarf and went right to bed (didn't even have to worry about maintaining a hair style).

I redo the bun at night but I've been wearing this style for 2 days and I absolutely love it! It's sooo easy and, it looks elegant and cute. I think this will help me along as I wait for my next installment of braids. Heck, I may even decide to give the braids a break for a while.

I’m thinking of ways that I can dress up my bun. Maybe I’ll try the little tiny hairpins that have pearls on the end! Oh the possibilities ! J

Crystal

Re: I joined the secret bun wearers\' society

Hey Girl,
Congrats to ya! Isn't it exciting to make progress?

If you like buns you could also try those clip on braided buns.. I have one that I got from the beauty supply and that thing has saved the day many of times.... mine looks like this hair bun but I only paid like $7 for mine and I wear mine lower and my hair pulled back tighter.

But congrats and have fun with your new styles.

PS... I might be transferring to your company and moving that way... I'll let you know if it happens.

Cya

adrienne0914

congrats on the progress, and i'm glad the style is working for you, girl!! i like the bun alot too and stopped wearing the braids because it only takes a couple of seconds to take this style down...

Allandra

Why don't you wear your hair in a bun these days? I couldn't do without it.

E

EgyptianSand16

welcome

inthepink

Allandra,

I started experiencing breakage in my nape area - not specifically b/c of the bun but b/c of that darn relaxer. My hair is just fragile there so I'm afraid to put any stress on it until my "new hair" is long enough to fit inside a bun and not touch my demarcation line at all.