Bunners...How long...

RegaLady

Considering that I am getting into bunning these days, I am wondering from those who swear by bunning to retain length, how long do you keep your buns in?

I am coming from cornrolling which has helped me to be able to grow my hair out, but now I want to change it up to bunning. However, I am looking for a less manipulation PS, and I am wondering if any of you ladies wear the same bun for weeks, or do you cowash and bun daily? How long should you wear a bun to retain length?

soulie

I don't think it's how LONG you wear the bun, but how CONSISTENTLY you wear the bun. I co-wash every other day (daily if I'm bored), and I wet bun. However, I take my bun down on the days in between to apply my MT/OCT and remoisturize. Then I re-bun until I co-wash. The only time I am combing is when I detangle in the shower once a week.

RegaLady

I don't think it's how LONG you wear the bun, but how CONSISTENTLY you wear the bun. I co-wash every other day (daily if I'm bored), and I wet bun. However, I take my bun down on the days in between to apply my MT/OCT and remoisturize. Then I re-bun until I co-wash. The only time I am combing is when I detangle in the shower once a week.
Did you retain alot of length?

asummertyme

I swear by it...i have retained alotta length from just bunning and cowashing..thats it..very low manip...

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I have retained a lot of length as well. I am currently in a self done sew-in, just to change it up, but bunning is a really good ps. I washed every two or three days and air dried. I applied a lot of moisture and pin it up. My hair loved it!

Renewed1

I do a baggy ponytail bun everyday when I am going out; otherwise I just keep my hair in a silk scarf. I have retained alot of my length this way.