Bunning with short hair?

Mz.Shug

Good afternoon ladies,

I have shoulder length hair and I'd like to try bunning as a protective style but I'm not sure how to do it? Any advice would be most helpful.:ohwell:

Bun Mistress

you can "bun with short hair. I would just find creative ways to tuck in my ends. That may be as simple as an under or over flip. I have seen you tube video in which ladies with shorter hair would make a ponytail and loop/tuck the ends then wrap an extension around for more hair in their bun. I never used extension but I thought about it. The important thing is that you practice and new styles will come. Don't be afraid to try a bun or accessory. You may surprise yourself.

lamaria211

you can "bun with short hair. I would just find creative ways to tuck in my ends. That may be as simple as an under or over flip. I have seen you tube video in which ladies with shorter hair would make a ponytail and loop/tuck the ends then wrap an extension around for more hair in their bun. I never used extension but I thought about it. The important thing is that you practice and new styles will come. Don't be afraid to try a bun or accessory. You may surprise yourself.

and what would u suggest to use as a gel cause i would never use the real gel. what is strong enough to hold down short 4b hair???????

andromeda

I agree with Bun mistress. You have to get creative but it can be done. Also, if you're natural, you can pull the hair back in a taught puff and do small- medium twists with the loose hair and then pin them under. If you look up glamazini on YouTube, you'll see that one of her most recent videos is a tutorial of this type if bun. Her hair is much longer than shoulder length but I did a similar bun on my nl hair shortly after I bc'd, so I know it's possible.

KurlyNinja

It is possible to bun with short hair! I don't know if any of you saw my thread a couple months ago.

NL Ladies can wear buns too!

I also have pics of my hair in my fotki as well. I just put it in a pony tail then take bobby pins and pin under the hair in all directions. It kinda looks like a donut bun, but I don't use a filler.

BoaterGirlKim

When I started bunning last year, my hair was barely touching my neck in the back and I could just pinch up enough to have short, wispy strands just barely peaking out of a scrunchie. I used a black scrunchie to match my hair and give the illusion of a fuller little bun, and just tucked the ends in the scrunchie so they would stay wet.

janda

I add hair to my bun. I put my own hair into a ponytail and wrap additional hair around it. I then bun. My avatar is an example.

gadgetdiva

I've bunned using a phony tail: I put my hair in an ouchless ponytail holder, put on the phony pony then wrap and tuck ends and secure w/ a bobby pin or a scunci.

TLC1020

My hair is urber short also, I tried my usual bun but it didn't look right.... not going to fotki (it crash my computer every time) :(