Butters and oils report

Irresistible

The newest one ive tried, has been aloe buttter...its great!! another love of mine now.

very softening, i cant say there is much a difference between all these butters though, they are all great and give great softness and moisture (for those that dont mind and like oil)

its also a soft butter, and creamy , like avacodo butter. which i adore. gotta have my avacodo butter.

those that have said recently that thier avacodo butter has been gritty, i really dont know whats up with that, every batch i have gotten has been nice and creamy.

so far i've tried mango butter , this butter is a hard butter, It helps to melt it , then mix in some oil (plenty) and then let it solidify again , it should then be softer after that, the softness depends on how much oil you added (any oil will do) ...i also plan to use this as a lip smoothie with flavor oil added as well.

refined shea butter, i like it, its cleaner (to me) than the unrefined, and fromnaturewithlove doesnt use chemicals or bleach to refine it...its a semi soft butter, but melts in your hands , on your skin and on your hair easiliy, just like butter. (not an extremely oily butter like the others)

for some reason i really wasnt too impressed with jojoba oil, but i think its a good mixing oil just to cut the hard butters with. i also wasnt too impressed with sweet almond oil which i tried a long time ago actually, (not much different than olive oil), but i can always find uses for these oils

avacodo oil....hmmm hmm hmmm just as good as the butter.

organic virgin coconut cream oil...my first love, i shall always be loyal to it. i love it love it love it.

i still have to try
shea oil
carrot oil (its expensive , it better be good lol)
macadamia nut oil

and apricot kernal butter (another hard butter)
and cocoa butter (another hard butter)
but im gettin good at workin the hard butters too.

I think thats it , but i probably have more but dont feel like rumaging through the boxes lol....

after these im done being the tester outter for the butters and oils lol....well i hope... hahaha

A_Christian

Iris, are these already made products or are you making the butters and if so where do you buy the individual ingredients? :)

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
uh oh, do tell.....how do you do that?

ears perked up.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think many do it with the electric mixers (is that the name? anyway, the twirly things that you attatch to the only thing
) I was thinking about doing this. So if you try it, please let me know how it turns out

Armyqt

I'm loving these butter from From Nature With Love too. They work so great on my daughter's natural hair. Today I used the Shealoe butter and it made her hair a lot easier to comb after shampooing. I'll be using these on her forever. I also LOVE the avocado butter on her hair. I have the mango butte too, but I haven't tried it yet.

soulchild

Yup with a hand mixer or maybe even vigourously with a whisk. You mix like two parts butter to one part oil. Melt it. Beat it. Put it into the freezer for a few mins. and beat it again. Let me stop acting like an expert on the process though since I haven't tried it yet lol.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:
Iris, are these already made products or are you making the butters and if so where do you buy the individual ingredients? :)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL gurl i wish i did know how to make these butters....whew lawd no more shipping charges then ...i wish i wish i wish.

anyway i get them from fromnaturewithlove.com or cedervale.net.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
uh oh, do tell.....how do you do that?

ears perked up.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think many do it with the electric mixers (is that the name? anyway, the twirly things that you attatch to the only thing
) I was thinking about doing this. So if you try it, please let me know how it turns out

[/ QUOTE ]

ohhhh gotcha...ohhh cant wait to try it

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Yup with a hand mixer or maybe even vigourously with a whisk. You mix like two parts butter to one part oil. Melt it. Beat it. Put it into the freezer for a few mins. and beat it again. Let me stop acting like an expert on the process though since I haven't tried it yet lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah im thinking that makes sense to me.....im'a try it, or some version of it lol

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I'm loving these butter from From Nature With Love too. They work so great on my daughter's natural hair. Today I used the Shealoe butter and it made her hair a lot easier to comb after shampooing. I'll be using these on her forever. I also LOVE the avocado butter on her hair. I have the mango butte too, but I haven't tried it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be using them on me and my daughter's hair forever too

aprilbiz

Thanks so much for the report. I'm really going to try some of the butters you mentioned. Especially the avocado.

blue_flower

Irresistable, with all of those butters and oils you have, you can start your own hair care product business.

deeplyrooted

i gotta chime in on this. the first thing i reached for after my TIGI experience the other day was my mango butter (which had been melted and mixed with the last of my olive oil). i
's me some FNWL avocado and mango butter.
next up on my "to buy" butter list is cocoa butter.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
aprilbiz said:
Thanks so much for the report. I'm really going to try some of the butters you mentioned. Especially the avocado.

[/ QUOTE ]

your welcome

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
blue_flower said:
Irresistable, with all of those butters and oils you have, you can start your own hair care product business.

[/ QUOTE ]
i know huh?

A_Christian

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
A_Christian said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL gurl i wish i did know how to make these butters....whew lawd no more shipping charges then ...i wish i wish i wish.

anyway i get them from fromnaturewithlove.com or cedervale.net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh okay, thanks Lol

Cindy70

I'm still loving my oils.
I'm not much of a butter fan, though. I've never had a problem with butters being gritty or anything, they just seem to be very dulling to my hair. Oils actually make my hair shine, even though I know that many think that 4a hair can't shine.

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
Cindy70 said:
I'm still loving my oils.
I'm not much of a butter fan, though. I've never had a problem with butters being gritty or anything, they just seem to be very dulling to my hair. Oils actually make my hair shine, even though I know that many think that 4a hair can't shine.

[/ QUOTE ]
no, i see what your saying about the dullness that some butters give, when you mix it with oil it works better for those butters

Dare~to~Dream

Irresistible said:
so far i've tried mango butter , this butter is a hard butter, It helps to melt it , then mix in some oil (plenty) and then let it solidify again , it should then be softer after that, the softness depends on how much oil you added (any oil will do) ...

This is what I plan to use as an alternative moisturizer and as something to use to lay my edges down. I am going to order some mango butter {hopefully unrefined} and mix it with some jojoba oil. :).

ChasingBliss

Oh man, Irrestistible!!! Girl where are you and that beautiful hair of yours....another hair idol of mine...

Mestiza

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Oh man, Irrestistible!!! Girl where are you and that beautiful hair of yours....another hair idol of mine...

Ditto! Periodically, I've been checking to see if she's been on LHCF, but I haven't "seen" her.

Where are you Irresistible? We miss you! :(