Hair Butters (Mango, Shea, Cocoa, and many more)

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Have you all tried Coffee Butter? Please give a review and post a link of where you purchased. I saw it at Texas Naturals...any others?

Thanks!

Fhrizzball

I have some mango and cocoa I got from a friend but they're too hard and the mango is to grainy to use up straight. What does everyone mix or whip theirs with?

HarySituation

Thanks for the info! I see now that murumuru butter is a little pricey, 1 lb/$23.95 excluding shipping. :ohwell: But I will order some soon, it seems like it's worth it. I live in Houston and there is MAYBE 3 or 4 natural health stores that I have found. We do have four Whole Foods stores here though. I go in there every now and then to browse things.

I am in houston also. Where are the natural health stores that you go too?

Morenita

PJ in me has been creeping out again lately :sekret: I'm *this* close to buying some shea, cocoa, avocado, & hemp, but curious if you ladies have come up w/any new butter concoctions. I'm planning on doing a shea/coconut oil/aloe vera (or something like that), as well as a shea/cocoa/something else... I may try the avocado straight up, but will probably mix some of it as well, same with the hemp. On the fence about mango.

This post is timely. I just made a butter mix today to use for my twist out. I used raw shea butter, avocado oil, glycerin and olive oil. I whipped it with my blender and it came out like a smooth souffle! Can't wait to try it out, feels awesome. I think I may add a scent like lavender or rosemary. any thoughts on a scent?

AKA-Tude

subscribing

i wanna try the avocado butter-
i love the oil as well.

also wanna try sweet almond butter

has anyone tried www.oilsbynature.com?

the prices look GREAT!!!

i am trying SO HARD not to order...

I just placed an order- I am SO WEAK!!!
They have lime butter 2 for 1-
I have NO idea what to do with it!!

Last edited:

EllePixie

I am absolutely in LOVE with my mango butter from Nubian Heritage (purchased at iHerb). It smells amazing and is mixed with shea oil and vitamin C so it's not grainy at all - it melts into my hair better than shea. Did I mention it smells amazing!? :)

Vonnieluvs08

PJ in me has been creeping out again lately :sekret: I'm *this* close to buying some shea, cocoa, avocado, & hemp, but curious if you ladies have come up w/any new butter concoctions. I'm planning on doing a shea/coconut oil/aloe vera (or something like that), as well as a shea/cocoa/something else... I may try the avocado straight up, but will probably mix some of it as well, same with the hemp. On the fence about mango.

I havent made any new blends since the winter. Most of them were shea butter based with other oils (sweet almond, jojoba, EVOO, EVCO, Hemp) and butters (mango, hemp, avocado, kokum, and another hard butter). I enjoyed making them and gave a lot of it away because it made so much and froze the rest. I think I'm going to buy from vendors this winter.

@bolded-I love Avocado butter straight to seal twists. BostonMaria put me on to the Avocado butter.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
I'm looking to stock up for the winter too. I love avacodo butter and so far Texas Natural and Camdengrey.com have a good selection if you are looking for than shea/coconut butters.

Last edited:

Kindheart

My absolute favorite is Anita Grant Whipped Coconut Butter and Cafe Late ,its just incredible ,you need a tiny bit to keep your hair soft for atleast 3 days .
As for homemade butters i mix 2 tablespoons of unrefined avocado butter,1 spoon of grapeseed oil ,1 spoon of almond oil and 2 spoons of shea butter.Blend until creamy .
Its very concentrate and a little goes a long way .

Vonnieluvs08

I'm looking to stock up for the winter too. I love avacodo butter and so far Texas Natural and Camdengrey.com have a good selection if you are looking for than shea/coconut butters.

I like TNS and they seem to have a nice selection and good prices. They had fast shipping and give generous amounts in their containers.

I've only seen 1 or 2 vendors have murmuru butter and a couple of the more exotic butters.

BostonMaria used Camdengrey and gave them a good review.

Jewell

I have never tried cocoa butter on my hair, but that might work well on my texture. I adore mango, shea, olive creams and butters. They give me a slight sheen, GREAT wave and curl definition, and soften my hair so well. I always use one of the above-mentioned butters or creams as a leave-in product. I'm always on the look out for natural exotic oils, creams and butters for the hair or body. I hope someone makes an Argan oil butter mix (argan oil comes from a nut that grows in the Morroccan desert areas...highly expensive). I would love to try the Murumuru.

Last edited:

winona

Bumping .....

Hey Ladies,

Where are ya'll buying your cocoa butter at? I am down to my last 2oz and I need some before my next lotion batch. The batch I have now is from FNWL but I was wondering if you had any other favorite vendors:)